Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Planet Hanyu

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

[2017] USA Nats - Men, Pairs, Ice Dance SP & FS

Featured Replies

1 hour ago, Xen said:

You guys forgot ladies....I think the men's were at least within close range of their international highest...the ladies was another case.

 

Actually, if you compare to their averages and individual results, the men also got Nationals inflation on par with the ladies, if not more in some cases, but none more than Vincent. Granted, he had only one fall this time around, though. 

 

14 minutes ago, xeyra said:

Moving away from the costume, this article confirms Nathan was indeed sick after the GPF, not being able to train normally for two weeks. 

http://www.sltrib.com/sports/2018/01/05/despite-hot-start-at-2018-us-championships-salt-lakes-nathan-chen-knows-he-still-must-improve/

Bloody hell, I hope he has in his mind what happened to Yuzu when he went jumping quads when his body was not up to it. He should focus on the Olympics and not compete before that unless he really is a hundred percent. This season is obviously cursed and the skating gods have been bloodthirsty.

27 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

Bloody hell, I hope he has in his mind what happened to Yuzu when he went jumping quads when his body was not up to it. He should focus on the Olympics and not compete before that unless he really is a hundred percent. This season is obviously cursed and the skating gods have been bloodthirsty.

 

He's more or less up for it going by the amount of quads he's jumped in official practices. But his consistency on them seems to be lower than he'd like and his stamina for a full program too. We'll see how he does in the FS and if his next practices go better. Wonder how many 4Lz there'll be in his FS, considering he didn't add it today.

 

Hope everyone ill, injured, under the weather, etc. recovers swiftly. This has been a hellish season indeed. 

1 hour ago, kaeryth said:

 

Cursed season continues... :13877886:

Well I guess the vodoo wasn't done by anyone in the US....

The men's event was actually better than I expect. Some very nice performances. The highlight for me is Grant, he should be in 3rd, or even 2nd. The PCS and GOE are wild for top 3.

Nathan looked very tentative, but he landed the jumps so its good. That costume need to go. Seriously, I don't have high hope for Vera Wang, but it took months for this ???? I thought it was his sponsor jacket until I saw the performance. It made his shoulder and arm movement look so stiff. And the curl ....:smiley-sad058:

Adam is a great performer but I never like this SP. Its just 80% poses and OTT face. His two foot skating and lack of transitions are so obvious. And his crossover is not that high quality 

Jason's 3A was not just UR, it close to downgrade. I don't like this program but it has more choreo and linking move than any others in this field, especially watching him right after Adam

Vincent did the best performance for this SP in the season so far. His 4lz3t is the best I've seen from him, its has more flow and better than Nathan's. I surprise they called his UR and the 42 PCS is just :laughing:

Some of the comments from IN are lol but I dont have energy to mad about it anymore. Its just so hilarious, I can't wait for more :laughing:. And no wonder they say nothing is more predictable than Nationals scoring. I think the Olys team will be Nathan, Adam and Jason. 

My favourite skate was Hochstein's yesterday, I am so happy that he skated that well, and his reaction was precious. :tumblr_inline_nhkf0oKdhx1qid2nw: The choice of music is usually not my cup of tea but it's an entertaining program when it's skated well and he did yesterday. I don't really understand how he got one point lower in PE and IN than Jason because in 9 out of ten cases Brown would get higher much scores than Grant but that one exception was yesterday... I like Jason's SP a lot, and he deserves good scores but that PCS was too high for how he skated. The same goes for Adam as well, who skates nicely, I love his jumps and spins especially, but I can't see much between those elements and he doesn't deserve all 9s in every components. :shrug:

Zhou also got higher PCS overall than Grant. The only reason may be that no one counts with Grant when it comes to the Olympics, but with Zhou, yes. They tried to narrow the gap between the two...

 

I think Nathan got very high scores too, considering the lower BV and the mistake on the axel, but oh well, it's not a surprise.

 

I went to bed after the first two groups skated and am just finding out the results now. After looking at the PDFs, I don't think I will bother watching the programs. Those PC scores look very suspicious to me. Expected, but still suspicious. Makes me glad I went to bed.

 

I only watched the top five guys after the fact and then prepared myself to enjoy the saltiness here - love you, guys! :smiley-laughing021:

 

9 hours ago, Xen said:

Wow..empress 3A plagueing the men since 1988.

 

I’m so proud of her. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.