Team Japan

8 minutes ago, Lunna said:

I think I've read Dai was going to switch right after Nats.

I'm not waiting anything from this project, pity that Kana can't find good partner and it's too hard to receive Japanese citizenship for a foreign partner. No offence to Dai but I think he had knee problems, must learn lifts and never had SS of Patrick or Kazuka. Publicity might be good, but for now it seems like the only way to get a good pair for Japan is to find two juniors with very good SS, but not good jumps and send them abroad, but it doesn't look like JSF is interested. I don't know how Utana and Shingo decided to skate together and who for their move to Canada.

Shingo has been at Cricket for quite a while now, but he was a singles skater. Still is - he hopes to get his jumps back and he took part in a competition in Japan around a week ago  where he came second. They obviously talked him into trying dances and found Utana for him in January or February this year. 

1 час назад, Vadrouille сказал:

The Japanese Pairs couple had also got their qualification by extremis, I don't remembered how.

If I remember right if three disciplines qualified, the fourth qualifies automatically - that's how Japanese pair qualified for PC

10 minutes ago, Lunna said:

If I remember right if three disciplines qualified, the fourth qualifies automatically - that's how Japanese pair qualified for PC

Japan was the first alternate for pairs and got the sport when North Korea missed the entry deadline.

For the team event the country must have individual qualifiers in at least three of the disciplines. If they don't have a qualified individual entry in the fourth discipline then they can bring someone extra, but they can only compete in the team event.

3 hours ago, Fay said:

Shingo has been at Cricket for quite a while now, but he was a singles skater. Still is - he hopes to get his jumps back and he took part in a competition in Japan around a week ago  where he came second. They obviously talked him into trying dances and found Utana for him in January or February this year. 

I think Shingo may switch to ice dance if he gets a better result in ice dance.

Though he came second in regional, all jumps in SP are invalidated (all single jumps).

38 minutes ago, Paskud said:

Mai WD from regionals. Now she can't go to JNats, 4cc or worlds.:sadPooh:

:tumblr_inline_n18qr8XewT1qid2nw: They haven't clarified why she withdrew, but probably because of a health issue... Hope she will get better soon.

Mai... I was deading that news since it is only weeks away. I wonder if her whole year is now done.... and this after she was so happy to have choreo by lori nichol etc.. just like Mao. I dread the thought that she might even be forced to quit entirely.... with her disease you never know. My hope is that she can recover and have another Cinderella like year one day...