Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Planet Hanyu

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

[2022] Winter Olympic Games (04.02-20.02) - Women's FS

Featured Replies

2 hours ago, Fay said:

I am so happy for my baby Kaori! Have loved ever since I first saw her on the ice at Rostelecom 2017. So good for her to achieve this!

Totally! That's the only good thing out of this Olympics for me.

You're so lucky to have seen her live! I became a fan rather later - I love her piano programs, and the sheer emotion release when she first won JPN Nationals.

Wow Adam is just disgusting. Sasha is only 17 years old. She had just witnessed Nathan (whose skating is as bad as his homophobe comments btw) win gold landing 5 quads. why blame her lol The past four years was all about the number of quads. The competitor who lands the most quads will win. Seriously these retired American skaters are disgusting.

 

 

47 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

@Paskud

Here's the Olympic Channel version with Belinda Noonan

However it doesn't show much of what happened after the skates. NBC has it tho, so I will upload that slowly but eventually (need to avoid copyright strikes for now).

 

Thank you!:tumblr_inline_n2pjcy6tMv1qdlkyg:

The free skate was too much for me and I developed fever a few hours later...:facepalm:

 

I am very happy for Kaori medaling and seeing her happiness and how she hugged Wakaba. Her tears before the ceremony was touching to see. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:Imagine the pressure they're under...

 

Wakaba also did really well and it's fantastic she is the second woman who landed 3A clean both in short program and free program at the Olympics. She can be really proud of this achievement!:clap:

1 hour ago, Mary_kyo said:

Wow Adam is just disgusting. Sasha is only 17 years old. She had just witnessed Nathan (whose skating is as bad as his homophobe comments btw) win gold landing 5 quads. why blame her lol The past four years was all about the number of quads. The competitor who lands the most quads will win. Seriously these retired American skaters are disgusting.

 

 

I don't know what happened to Rippon but I've found him to be unnecessarily catty in recent years. idk

 

I get that her reaction was not gracious nor sportsman-like. But also look at the system and environment that created her. The whole situation is a mess.

 

Orser said that he felt like a failure for years and he won two silver medals. And then you have so many young people who can only dream of getting to compete at the Olympics, let alone medal. We have this warped idea that silver is a disgrace but damn, you're number 2 in your field in the whole world out of billions of people. Silver isn't a disgrace its a huge freaking accomplishment. And yet they're made to feel like failures. Why do we do this to our young people? Why do we do this to ourselves?

30 minutes ago, Flutterby said:

l. We have this warped idea that silver is a disgrace but damn, you're number 2 in your field in the whole world out of billions of people. Silver isn't a disgrace its a huge freaking accomplishment. And yet they're made to feel like failures. Why do we do this to our young people? Why do we do this to ourselves?

I'm pretty sure there have been studies about this :o

Further down the thread its mentioned that Eteri was named best coach in the isu awards. A fact which I'm happy to say I had wiped from my brain, but now its back. Best Coach. 😒

I think these girls need to go home and get some cuddles from their families and pets or whoever/whatever, gives them comfort. It's been a very stressful time and some TLC is needed.

 

I can't imagine how hard it will be for some of them to get back on that ice to train for World's.

Now idk if Kamila and Sasha would participate for world's championship... Anna probably. But Kamila after yesterday event would be hard to comeback to ice. I would be surprised if she's back soon because the mental damage was huge.

And Sasha.... She said she hate the sport to Eteri right? I wonder if she decide to leave Eteri after Olympic

I think sasha will be ok as time goes like medvedeva. Of course she'll skate gala too.

She has solid chance of more than silver at worlds so why not go? Especially it's rare chance to go WC for russian girls. Also she has very competitive tech vers rus juniors minus 3a. I don't think she'll quit fs soon. 

On the other hand, kami will miss WC and also not sure about next season. It's just too much happened. She needs mental care.. I hope she won't see SNS either.

Kamila should be flying home today. I hope she will go straight back home, where she can be taken care of by her family. Poor child.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.