Hey, remember us?

4 hours ago, Forcefield said:

Reveal hidden contents

It's a scandal because Kozuka is a married man. In recent years, a few bigshot and celebrity Japanese men have gotten into cheating scandals and there's been growing public outcry. I'm looking forward to when the Japanese media and men onscreen don't brush it off as "men doing men things". The cosplayer is unfortunately dragged into it and thus Yuzu by association.

Spoiler

I'm sorry, I don't recognize marriage as a valid institution to be defended, thus I don't regard betrayal as a public business or as something that should be used to judge someone who's private life we cannot really imagine to know. If his wife wants to file a divorce because her husband is neglecting and yadayada, fair enough, let her do that. It shouldn't turn into public discussion, it's a private relationship between two people who should talk to eachother without gossip surrounding them. 

1 hour ago, Murieleirum said:

Hide contents

I'm sorry, I don't recognize marriage as a valid institution to be defended, thus I don't regard betrayal as a public business or as something that should be used to judge someone who's private life we cannot really imagine to know. If his wife wants to file a divorce because her husband is neglecting and yadayada, fair enough, let her do that. It shouldn't turn into public discussion, it's a private relationship between two people who should talk to eachother without gossip surrounding them. 

Spoiler

I suspect now the wife does not think marriage a valid institution either, but that's Japan. You want family, you get married. Although the wife is famous herself, Kozuka comes from a well-established known family and if you consider his father's quote, obtaining a divorce with alimony may have been difficult without airing dirty laundry in public. According to a person I follow who brings all the gossip, it's basically Kozuka's character and long-time attitude that's biting him back in the behind. Not gonna lie, I'm really curious how this whole story will pan out, and I'm usually not interested in celebrity scandals. It's possibly because it involves a figure skater - and possibly because of a bit of shadefreude because of Kozuka's not so pleasant remarks about Yuzu.

Edit: But the fact that the wife is guilty of the going to the papers is pure speculation. It may not have been her.

LOL that Mura pic... daddy Mura is wilding! And uncle Kurt is awesome:img_20: I can't get into many of his programs because usually his programs are exactly the genres I don't feel, but his skills in those steps:10742290: I highkey want to see Zuzu showing off his skillz like that too... ok, I admit HILY is not up there among my fave Yuzu programs but I'd love another Kurt choreo to challenge him:tumblr_inline_mg16go8gBg1qdlkyg: also, I miss rockstar!Zu too, I don't want to see that come out only in ice show gorup numbers and demon-lypsynching rinkside:waffle:

re: the Kozuka thing

Spoiler

I guess I'm (sadly) used to much worse things done by the highest personalities in my country to feel particularly 'shook' about the 'scandal' itself, but from what I've seen (also with other things like the huge 'scandal' re: Yuzu's supposed girfriend and things like Miki Ando being frowned upon for being a single mother, OC correct me if I'm wrong) a public person's private life is a big deal in Japan...and of course I really feel for Kozuka's wife. I'm of the idea that if there is no love, respect and committment from both parts to keep a marriage afloat, the most reasonable thing to do is just divorce and stop making one or both partners miserable...so in this I'm most certainly on the woman's side and I hope she can get away from a husband that doesn't respect her (awful if it's true that she was forced to leave her job because he wasn't sharing the responsabilities of raising their child together). If what the cosplayer says about the meeting is true, then I also feel sorry for him being dragged into the thing as, from what I gather, he is a free man and 'meetings' in love hotels are accepted. Still, I wish he and, most important, the press could stop using Yuzuru's name :smiley-angry026:

As for Kozuka, ok, I admit I don't follow him and I don't particularly care about him or his skating but I'm saddened. I think he was doing some research FS-related (iirc also designed new blades to reduce stress on skaters' body) and it's disappointing when academic brillance isn't matched by all-around admirable personality :smiley-sad030:

ETA: since I gather from some tweets that the cosplayer cosplayed things that imo shouldn't be used for personal promotion, I think I don't feel bad for him anymore :knc_brian3:

33 minutes ago, LadyLou said:

it's disappointing when academic brillance isn't matched by all-around admirable personality

As someone working in a highly academic field, I'm sorry to say, but high intelligence does not go hand-in-hand with moral rectitude as much as one would like to think :(

As for Kozuka:

Spoiler

That sounds like a very sad story all around and it's really unfortunate some of the mud ended up splashing Yuzu, even if only by proxy. 

8 hours ago, LadyLou said:

re: the Kozuka thing

Reveal hidden contents

I guess I'm (sadly) used to much worse things done by the highest personalities in my country to feel particularly 'shook' about the 'scandal' itself, but from what I've seen (also with other things like the huge 'scandal' re: Yuzu's supposed girfriend and things like Miki Ando being frowned upon for being a single mother, OC correct me if I'm wrong) a public person's private life is a big deal in Japan...and of course I really feel for Kozuka's wife. I'm of the idea that if there is no love, respect and committment from both parts to keep a marriage afloat, the most reasonable thing to do is just divorce and stop making one or both partners miserable...so in this I'm most certainly on the woman's side and I hope she can get away from a husband that doesn't respect her (awful if it's true that she was forced to leave her job because he wasn't sharing the responsabilities of raising their child together). If what the cosplayer says about the meeting is true, then I also feel sorry for him being dragged into the thing as, from what I gather, he is a free man and 'meetings' in love hotels are accepted. Still, I wish he and, most important, the press could stop using Yuzuru's name :smiley-angry026:

As for Kozuka, ok, I admit I don't follow him and I don't particularly care about him or his skating but I'm saddened. I think he was doing some research FS-related (iirc also designed new blades to reduce stress on skaters' body) and it's disappointing when academic brillance isn't matched by all-around admirable personality :smiley-sad030:

Spoiler

I'll just say one last thing... I don't know Kozuka's wife personally so I don't know if she was forced to leave her job or she deliberately chose to leave it. What I do know is that Japan's culture on the interaction between men and women kinda sucks, and sooo many women actually dream of not working at all and being housewives and mothers for life. Not because they truly want so, but because Japan is still a society where that's the only true purpose of a woman. A business woman cannot have a family while she's having a carreer. So what happens is that a lot of women, consciously or subconsciously, sacrifice their own aspirations in life to have a family (which, by the way, does not grant you fulfillment and happiness, and that's the great illusion that most societies push on us). And when you sacrifice your own identity, your ambitions, because you expect something from someone (the perfect husband, the perfect family), it always ends sourly. People should not sacrifice their own independence because they have expectations of something that is maybe far away from reality. 

The other cultural problem is that a woman is seen in a bad way if she divorces, because most men push on the guilt of 'breaking the family' to take away a women's right to choose. Which is all kinds of bad. 

Men are allowed to do everything in a marriage, while women have duties and little freedoms. This is how it was for 300 years during the Tokugawa period and little has evolved since. 

Sorry, I think I opened a discussion that's huge but I felt I had to explain why I said that marriage is not an institution I respect, and why we shouldn't judge people based on little gossips we know. It's easy to say 'he betrayed, so she is in the right'. It's more complex to dig into the whole thing.

Please pm me if you want to reply, I'm gonna stop posting about this hehehehe.