Hey, remember us?

36 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Am I missing something in this gossip scandal? Why is it such a big deal in Japanese tabloids that two performers were spotted leaving a hotel with women they were meeting for business? I'm annoyed that Yuzu's name is getting dragged into it when he was in Toronto, half a world away. But I just don't see why two men spotted walking out of a hotel with some women is a scandal? Like, it happens all the time? Any business meeting could end up that way...yes paparazzi like to take these photos and sell them to People magazine, but it doesn't mean there was anything bad going on. It's just gossip.

It was implied to be a more personal meeting but I'm not 100% bc I didn't read the article 

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Paskud said:
  Hide contents

First, iirc, it was love hotel. Second, according to titles, it was YUZURU HANYU"s cosplayer. Here is problem.

Ah, I see. 

Spoiler

I hadn't heard about the 'love hotel' part. I thought it was a normal hotel.

Thanks for the extra explanations, everyone. 

57 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Am I missing something in this gossip scandal? Why is it such a big deal in Japanese tabloids that two performers were spotted leaving a hotel with women they were meeting for business? I'm annoyed that Yuzu's name is getting dragged into it when he was in Toronto, half a world away. But I just don't see why two men spotted walking out of a hotel with some women is a scandal? Like, it happens all the time? Any business meeting could end up that way...yes paparazzi like to take these photos and sell them to People magazine, but it doesn't mean there was anything bad going on. It's just gossip.

Honestly, even if it was a love hotel. 

Who cares? It's private business. They're not politicians, I don't get why their private life should be topic for discussion. I bet the people who are criticizing them the most are exactly the people who enjoy the fact that Yuzuru's name is involved. Meaning: I wouldn't discuss it anymore tbh. 

1 hour ago, Murieleirum said:

Honestly, even if it was a love hotel. 

Who cares? It's private business. They're not politicians, I don't get why their private life should be topic for discussion. I bet the people who are criticizing them the most are exactly the people who enjoy the fact that Yuzuru's name is involved. Meaning: I wouldn't discuss it anymore tbh. 

Spoiler

It's a scandal because Kozuka is a married man. In recent years, a few bigshot and celebrity Japanese men have gotten into cheating scandals and there's been growing public outcry. I'm looking forward to when the Japanese media and men onscreen don't brush it off as "men doing men things". The cosplayer is unfortunately dragged into it and thus Yuzu by association.

4 minutes ago, Forcefield said:

Hide contents

It's a scandal because Kozuka is a married man. In recent years, a few bigshot and celebrity Japanese men have gotten into cheating scandals and there's been growing public outcry. I'm looking forward to when the Japanese media and men onscreen don't brush it off as "men doing men things". The cosplayer is unfortunately dragged into it and thus Yuzu by association.

Spoiler

This isn’t the first time he stepped out on his wife. They are saying he does it all the time. That should be the bigger scandal. Not the cosplayer... The cosplayer can do whatever, he isn’t married. Media love using Yuzu name to make bigger when it’s literally just a single man dating around.  :tumblr_inline_ncmifiE3IT1rpglid: 

7 hours ago, Katt said:
Spoiler

It could be just normal gossip but it became this big because they drag Yuzuru name into this, using his name as headline. That's why people got upset, not the actual thing happened. This scandal got trending in Japanese media the whole day mainly because they tagged Yuzuru name.  I mean when you see "羽生",you immidiately think of Yuzuru, not to mention they highlighed and put it into big font. 

7 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:
  Hide contents

Thanks. I hadn't seen the 'love hotel' part.

7 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:
Spoiler

Yeah, that part sucks. It's callously using his name just to sell papers...and not just him. There's that shogi master whose name has the same kanji as Yuzu's...he will also be affected. Really irresponsible of the gossip media to do this. 

7 hours ago, Katt said:
Spoiler

It could be just normal gossip but it became this big because they drag Yuzuru name into this, using his name as headline. That's why people got upset, not the actual thing happened. This scandal got trending in Japanese media the whole day mainly because they tagged Yuzuru name.  I mean when you see "羽生",you immidiately think of Yuzuru, not to mention they highlighed and put it into big font. 

Spoiler

From what I read around, it IS just a normal gossip and normal scandal, and the actual story is much bigger than the small Yuzu detail. I've been reading about it for over a week, and the Yuzu connection only appeared today. It's just an unimportant  tangent. I think Yuzu fans may make that detail seem bigger than it really is and it won't affect Yuzu at all, people will quickly turn to the meaty crux of the story.

Spoiler

I was fascinated by a Japanese scandal so I followed it.  Kozuka's wife filed for divorce some time ago - and that's the big story because she's actually the famous one in that marriage.  It appears she was fed up with a husband who partied and cheated and was never at home while she was left to look after a baby by herself after she had quit her successful career to become a wife and a mother.  The speculation is that Kouzuka's wife herself is the source of all the information and evidence given to the newspaper which has a history of releasing damning evidence in chunks. Given that Kozuka's attitude was "deny everything" and his father's "a divorce when there's a baby is against common sense and society", some drastic measures to ensure the success of the divorce appear to have been employed.