Hey, remember us?

13 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

Javi will give a press conference on Wednesday about Revolution on Ice 2019

I’m so excited about this!! I missed ROI because I was working and I couldn’t fly to Spain but I hope this time I can see one of the shows!! Two of my friends went to the show in Madrid and they absolutely loved it 

I found this interview very interesting- Stéphane is clearly of the Pluschenko/Weir/Hanyu school of loving to skate, whereas Joubert is happy to put his feet up.

http://fuckyeahalexeiyagudin.tumblr.com/post/181162843530/brian-joubert-and-stéphane-lambiel-interview

16 minutes ago, Sombreuil said:

I found this interview very interesting- Stéphane is clearly of the Pluschenko/Weir/Hanyu school of loving to skate, whereas Joubert is happy to put his feet up.

http://fuckyeahalexeiyagudin.tumblr.com/post/181162843530/brian-joubert-and-stéphane-lambiel-interview

Thank you for posting this.

They were very different skaters. Stephane loves shows and he is frequently invited to them. He has always been an artistic skater. Joubert was the opposite, he has always been better in jumping and technique. He had a very long career (13 seasons in the seniors, 4 Olympics) without taking a year off. I think he's just happy to be at home in Poitiers and coach his students there.

Yes - I’m afraid I think of Plushy as more of a jumper etc though I know there are diehard fans who argue that he was artistic.  I’m not sure Stéphane or Johnny would crack on if they’d had as much surgery as Pluschenko but I have a horrible feeling that Yuzuru would - they both give off the aura that nothing short of amputation would get them off the ice...... 

Javi is now taking part in Stars on Ice Japan tour and skated Prometo today.
Source: https://digital.asahi.com/articles/ASM3Y5CHNM3YPTQP01Y.html
According to this article, there was a small ceremony to celebrate his retirement held between the first and the second part of the show.  Javi made a short speech and received a bouquet from Satoko.
AS20190329003009_comm.jpg

Yuna won her first World Championships gold medal 10 years ago today! :tumblr_inline_nhkf0oKdhx1qid2nw:

Her Dance Macabre SP remains one of my favourite SPs ever - at Worlds she skated a 76.12 which was a world record at that time. Her Schcherazade LP is also one of my favourite free programs ever. She was so superior at that time that even with a popped Salchow and an invalid spin, she got 131 points in the free skate.