General Yuzuru Chat

Speaking of getting inspired by Yuzu costumes, as I was away, I don't know if this was posted here (though I think I saw a Yuzu fan account on twitter post it, so likely it was, hence spoiler lol)

Spoiler

This is a song for the Beijing Olympics performed on the Chinese New Year show on Beijing TV. The male dancers' costumes look familiar :hihi:

45 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

Speaking of getting inspired by Yuzu costumes, as I was away, I don't know if this was posted here (though I think I saw a Yuzu fan account on twitter post it, so likely it was, hence spoiler lol)

Hide contents

This is a song for the Beijing Olympics performed on the Chinese New Year show on Beijing TV. The male dancers' costumes look familiar :hihi:

Oh I haven't seen it before. It does look familiar :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

Yuzu costumes in 360 virtual view. The physical exhibition will take place in many different exhibition halls in different cities to prevent people from moving around too much. Good thinking. 

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].
On 8/14/2021 at 9:48 AM, Anni said:

:pouty:Here is a fan edit

Credit: @rockerwalley on twitter

Happy weekend everyone:SunFace:

Damn, now I'm crying............going to calm myself with some good old Olympic Seimei, and with the "rise" and "bad guy" fan edits.

On 8/15/2021 at 12:59 AM, hananistellata said:

I'm still waiting for a Vogue photoshoot. :10636614:

Oh, that would be so amazing:tumblr_inline_mg16go8gBg1qdlkyg:. Anyone who knows someone working for Vogue? Perhaps we can convert them to the Fanyuism..........

13 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Yuzu new SP speculation: what if he brought back Sing Sing Sing, only revamped to match his current skill level, and made it into a real razzle-dazzler? Not only would he be coming full circle on his career but he'd be trolling all the people who slag him for recycling with a massive flex.

I forgot to reply to this, but I would love it if he brought back Sing Sing Sing! I've always loved that program for him and he seemed to have so much fun with it at CiONTU! Also, both Brian and Jeff have skated to that before, so it'd be a nice nod to them, too. I don't know how likely it is - personally, I find it hard to anticipate Yuzu's moves lately lol he definitely has a mind of his own - but I would love it!

1 hour ago, Muralla17 said:

News

GPF Cup of China cancelled. Looking for an alterative venue in another country:

https://www.isu.org/media-centre/press-releases/2021-2/26069-isu-grand-prix-of-figure-skating-cup-of-china-2021-cancelled/file

My apologies if already posted.

Phil Hersch has tweeted about this, and intimated concern about the Beijing Olympics.

If China are saying they cannot manage a small GP event safely in early November due to international flights/Covid restrictions/inability to manage bubble systems, do we think they will be able to manage the (much much bigger with many more countries involved) Winter Olympic Games just 12 weeks later? :yuzuhuh:

54 minutes ago, Pammi said:

Phil Hersch has tweeted about this, and intimated concern about the Beijing Olympics.

If China are saying they cannot manage a small GP event safely in early November due to international flights/Covid restrictions/inability to manage bubble systems, do we think they will be able to manage the (much much bigger with many more countries involved) Winter Olympic Games just 12 weeks later? :yuzuhuh:

This is immediately what I thought when I saw this news. Many, many more people from all over the world will be involved and the competitions will take place in different venues and locations during the Olympics. It would be unreasonable to quarantine all the athletes for weeks before the comps.

It's not looking good for the Olympics. At the very least, I think it's quite certain that no audiences will be allowed. I wouldn't be surprised if the Beijing Olympics would also be postponed.

I was really surprised by this announcement ... To me, totally unexpected since a few days ago I read an article in which they stated OG would be hold with a complete audience composed of Chinese nationals.... They could have done the same with the Cup of China. To be honest, the more the news, the more I read, the less that I understand :dontknow:.

48 minutes ago, Muralla17 said:

I read an article in which they stated OG would be hold with a complete audience composed of Chinese nationals

I also read something  very recently saying the China Olympic Committee had reassured the IOC that everything was on track for the Beijing Olympics to take place in Feb 22.....it doesn't make much sense at all....

39 minutes ago, Muralla17 said:

I was really surprised by this announcement ... To me, totally unexpected since a few days ago I read an article in which they stated OG would be hold with a complete audience composed of Chinese nationals.... They could have done the same with the Cup of China. To be honest, the more the news, the more I read, the less that I understand :dontknow:.

Last I heard there were 400+ cases of COVID inside the Tokyo Olympics "bubble", and at least one person traveling into Tokyo for the Olympics tested positive for the lambda variant.  That probably spooked China.

It's a lot easier for them to cancel a GP than the Olys, so they might still hold the Olys.

GP Helsinki again? And can Yuzu go there instead of COR? Last time, Helsinki wanted the Oly gold medalists to ensure success before agreeing to hold the GP. If they ask for Yuzu, maybe they will shuffle assignments around to make that happen. :mischief:

47 minutes ago, IceWings said:

Last I heard there were 400+ cases of COVID inside the Tokyo Olympics "bubble", and at least one person traveling into Tokyo for the Olympics tested positive for the lambda variant.  That probably spooked China.

It's a lot easier for them to cancel a GP than the Olys, so they might still hold the Olys.

GP Helsinki again? And can Yuzu go there instead of COR? Last time, Helsinki wanted the Oly gold medalists to ensure success before agreeing to hold the GP. If they ask for Yuzu, maybe they will shuffle assignments around to make that happen. :mischief:

Where do I have to sign? 

I had lost all hopes to see him again live.