General Yuzuru Chat

1 minute ago, Melodie said:

And then he said Yuzu wants the Olys gold more than anything.... Was it in the same interview? 

Not sure sorry - though of course we know Yuzuru has never said this at least publicly....

24 minutes ago, Pammi said:

Not sure sorry - though of course we know Yuzuru has never said this at least publicly....

Oh never mind that, I've seen fanyu on twitter talking about it so I'm just wondering, that's all. It doesn't matter that much so just considers it a rhetorical question :) 

Of course, Yuzu has only ever said he wanted the 4A. But well, NA (Olys) media love to spin his words into something else, don't they? 

9 hours ago, Melodie said:

Yuzu's bio update yesterday. The only thing updated (which is basically nothing) is the Hobbies part, listed as none.

I see Yuzu continues to give the ISU nothing 😂😂

He's been skating senior so long that his first OGM and WC gold don't fit on the chart. 

2 hours ago, Melodie said:

Oh never mind that, I've seen fanyu on twitter talking about it so I'm just wondering, that's all. It doesn't matter that much so just considers it a rhetorical question :) 

Of course, Yuzu has only ever said he wanted the 4A. But well, NA (Olys) media love to spin his words into something else, don't they? 

I don't think Adam really follows what Yuzu says, he probably doesn't know Yuzu hasn't said anything about going to Beijing. But tbh he said nice things about Yuzu this time (and in general it was interesting what he said about the development of men's figure skating in the past Olympic cycles.)

If anyone wants to listen to it, it's from 1:07.50 mark: https://bleav.com/podcast-show/bleav-in-figure-skating/

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].
20 hours ago, Henni147 said:

OT, but quick question to everyone:

Seems like my twitter account has been temporarily locked for whatever reason and I cannot log in. I'm really curious what crime I've committed apart from posting that "team bronze medals are extremely important nowadays". Has someone experienced this already?

Twitter's been having a field day shutting down BTS fan accounts for DCMA violations if they use clips of the music or other copyright material, so maybe that's it? I think you mostly post links to YouTube though. 

Edited:

Oops, Never Mind! I read the rest of the thread. Glad that Twitter is being reasonable with you. 

1 hour ago, sallycinnamon said:

I don't think Adam really follows what Yuzu says, he probably doesn't know Yuzu hasn't said anything about going to Beijing. But tbh he said nice things about Yuzu this time (and in general it was interesting what he said about the development of men's figure skating in the past Olympic cycles.)

If anyone wants to listen to it, it's from 1:07.50 mark: https://bleav.com/podcast-show/bleav-in-figure-skating/

Oh for sure, just that tiny bit bothers me. Other than that, I agree with you. I have read the transcription of what he said. 

It actually bothers me even more, what he said during the Tokyo Olys... (off topic, I know, but it was very problematic).

2 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Twitter's been having a field day shutting down BTS fan accounts for DCMA violations if they use clips of the music or other copyright material, so maybe that's it? I think you mostly post links to YouTube though. 

Edited:

Oops, Never Mind! I read the rest of the thread. Glad that Twitter is being reasonable with you.

Yeah, my account is back. Hooray!! :peace:

I totally understand if a popular music piece or video/broadcast is protected and a video of +1 minute length violates copyright. But using 5 seconds of LGC at SOI with disastrous sound quality for a small video edit... B*tch please :laughing:

2 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

I agree with you here. Adam had some really questionable takes in the past, but in this particular case it's nothing really harmful imo. Yes, Yuzu stressed in multiple interviews that his goal is the 4A, not the Olympics, but a) that doesn't mean it's not important to him and b) we would all look really stupid if he had some actual top secret master plan in his bag and magnificently fooled all of us the entire time lol :10814716:

And yes, Adam simply may not have followed Yuzu's interviews closely. I mean, it's indeed... eh... unique that a defending two-time Olympic champion skates another 4 competitive seasons, has the first ever chance in 94 years for a three-peat and... is not interested in it :space:

31 minutes ago, IceWings said:

NBC posting an article praising Yuzu and listing all of his achievements, and now Adam praising Yuzu. What's going on? Lol.

It certainly is puzzling isn't it? Haha

As far as NBC is concerned I think they're trying to boost Yuzu now that it's an Olympic season. They know that Yuzu is the draw in figure skating which is still one of the most watched sports during the Olympics. Given how dismal the ratings were for these past Olympics, NBC is getting using Yuzu's popularity and boosting his profile early. The skeptical side of me, however, sees this as NBC's strategy of "let's boost up Yuzu so when Nathan beats him it will seem more impressive". 

Now I do believe Adam is smarter and more aware than he lets on. He may not act or say good things when he's on camera or in the spotlight, but I believe that's the personality or image he tries to portray. From his latest interview he has largely the same observations I, and most of us, probably have about mens skating in the last ten years. Given how much he praised Yuzu, I wonder how much pressure NBC puts on their commentators to boost Nathan? Or is that just their own doing? From what I can tell, most (if not all) mens skaters really respect Yuzuru - especially because of his longevity. I mean, how many skaters can say that they're an Olympic medal contender for three cycles?? Though, yeah, Yuzu himself does not seem as driven to win as the previous two - but if he goes then of course he'll do his best!

3 minutes ago, KendallKlaire said:

It certainly is puzzling isn't it? Haha

As far as NBC is concerned I think they're trying to boost Yuzu now that it's an Olympic season. They know that Yuzu is the draw in figure skating which is still one of the most watched sports during the Olympics. Given how dismal the ratings were for these past Olympics, NBC is getting using Yuzu's popularity and boosting his profile early. The skeptical side of me, however, sees this as NBC's strategy of "let's boost up Yuzu so when Nathan beats him it will seem more impressive". 

Def the popularity boost + Nate boost combo, if you ask me. If they can get the best of both worlds, why not? Anyway, they will go vile and passive aggressive towards Yuzu again real soon -.-