General Yuzuru Chat

If it's true that they're planning to cancel Euros and Worlds (and they should, I don't think things will magically be better by March) then the ISU really needs to make this known ASAP so that skaters and federations can make informed decisions about their careers and what they're willing to risk if they are going to hold domestic competitions like nationals. Especially since this Worlds would normally be the one that determines number of Olympic spots for 2022 and I'm sure that weighs heavily for everyone.

These high infections and hospitalizations seem to come in waves, if federations at least knew that Worlds wasn't going to happen in March they could delay their nationals until the COVID situation in their country has improved (Canada has already moved their nationals to February since 4CC is cancelled). Counter measures to mitigate the virus usually take a couple of weeks before the effects are visible in the testing/hospitalization numbers so time will tell if things in Japan and Nagano improve by Japanese Nationals.

While I still think Yuzu is likely to withdraw later, I did expect him to at least register himself for nationals to keep all his options open so I'm actually not surprised his name is on the entry list. I think that means he may have also submitted program information (I'm very curious!). I believe the cut-off for registration was November 24. I think if the cut-off wasn't that date we probably would've heard a statement from Yuzu on what he was thinking regarding Nationals sometime after this week since NHK is happening right now.

Yeah, the clear files are a nice way of  signalling your craze without being too obtrusive about it. Only those in the know will know, for others it will just be another clear file of some obscure company/campaign or whatever. 
The market could be sizeable. I would get some if I could. 

12 часов назад, Umebachi сказал:

Still, this means that Yuzu will not likely compete, and Shoma will remain in Champery...

I've read that Shoma and Rika are scheduled to Nagoya festival on January 4th, so I think they will go to Nats, also Koshiro and Satoko.

Yuzu can always WD, if he feels like it, but I don't think others will, if JSF will not make further exceptions for those who train abroad.

Oh, I just realized that we reached +600 new pages in the General Chat since 10th February (first day after 4CC 2020).

No competitions, no shows, no media day.

Just a series of monthly short clips (until September) from a mysterious room with white walls.

600 new pages.

Let that sink in.

[NEWS]

A Japanese fan captured the news bulletin on JR (Japan Railways) train.   Yuzu has made it on the front page even on a regular commuter train news channel!  Local fans are aware that he may not actually compete, but the news item is lifting up our spirits to see that he is still an active competitor.  

3 minutes ago, Umebachi said:

[NEWS]

A Japanese fan captured the news bulletin on JR (Japan Railways) train.   Yuzu has made it on the front page even on a regular commuter train news channel!  Local fans are aware that he may not actually compete, but the news item is lifting up our spirits to see that he is still an active competitor.  

Aww :loveshower: i hope all this media frenzy won't make him compete out of obligation if he was planning on WDing haha...

Yuzu might feel slight qualms from WDing from Nationals (eg. slightly disappointed from not being able to skate for the FS public at large yet again) but I don't think he'd feel that much burdened by the social obligation of participating in JNats, especially in the frame of preserving his own (physical) health from the virus. All that is to say, I think he'd decide to WD easily, should the situation at Nagano with regards to covid gets real bad (and I am definitely fine with him deciding that way).

I wish he could independently showcase his new programs once those are ready (you know, like him teaming up with On Ice Perspective but this time with a local recording crew in Japan (and they don't have to necessarily record it on ice a la OIP either)), without having to participate in an event where the health protocol is compromised for the sake of "normalcy" (like, gathering participants in an indoor space is already bad enough without audience, but with audience?? :facepalm::facepalm:). But I know that this isn't that likely to happen so... :sigh:

Excerpt from the website:

Stockholm 2021 – ett annorlunda VM - #skatesweden

Facts World Cup 2021
The World Championships will be held 24 -28 March 2021 in Globen. It is one of the world's largest winter sports events and is followed by about 300 million television viewers around the world. In Sweden we will be able to see the competitions in Viasats channels, TV10 and Viaplay. The world championships include world number one olympic champion Yuzuru Hanyu and reigning world champion Nathan Chen, women's champion Alexandra Trusova, reigning world champion Wenjing Sui/Cong Han in pairs and Gabriella Papadakis/Guillaume Cizeron in ice dancing. The World Championships are organized by the Swedish Figure Skating Federation in cooperation with the International Skating Union (ISU). The Swedish Government has decided that from 20 November participants in international sporting events will be allowed to enter Sweden.

I love how they have named Yuzuru as the headline act! (as they should!)

The site also explains about the bubble concept for skaters/coaches etc, and the fact they are not planning an audience (which was news to me!) but looking at digital solutions like streaming instead.

(sorry if this has already been posted - I had a quick look but didn't see it)

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].
4 hours ago, Pammi said:

Excerpt from the website:

Stockholm 2021 – ett annorlunda VM - #skatesweden

Facts World Cup 2021
The World Championships will be held 24 -28 March 2021 in Globen. It is one of the world's largest winter sports events and is followed by about 300 million television viewers around the world. In Sweden we will be able to see the competitions in Viasats channels, TV10 and Viaplay. The world championships include world number one olympic champion Yuzuru Hanyu and reigning world champion Nathan Chen, women's champion Alexandra Trusova, reigning world champion Wenjing Sui/Cong Han in pairs and Gabriella Papadakis/Guillaume Cizeron in ice dancing. The World Championships are organized by the Swedish Figure Skating Federation in cooperation with the International Skating Union (ISU). The Swedish Government has decided that from 20 November participants in international sporting events will be allowed to enter Sweden.

I love how they have named Yuzuru as the headline act! (as they should!)

The site also explains about the bubble concept for skaters/coaches etc, and the fact they are not planning an audience (which was news to me!) but looking at digital solutions like streaming instead.

(sorry if this has already been posted - I had a quick look but didn't see it)

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].

I don't know how to feel about it. Off-topic a little bit, the Canada team may not attend at all. Does that mean they will not have spots for Beijing altogether? If they can still qualify, say, based on the results from the previous year (not ideal, but still), what's the use of risking it all to go to Sweden? 

38 minutes ago, Cynthia said:

This is a bit late, but I have recently come across this article. It says he is going to be there. Please tell me what you think.

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/sports/2020/11/25/figure-skating/yuzuru-hanyu-national-championships/

He is unlikely to attend, is the general consensus.  He would want to, of course.  And he could win it just by skating either set of last year's programs, but he won't want to do that.  This must be very difficult for him.