General Yuzuru Chat

Along with Kokaito san of Sponichi, Wakasugi san of Yomiuri Shimbun was awarded by the Tokyo Press Photographers Association with a photo of Yuzu at 4CC this year.

Rough translation of Wakasugi san's comment:
"Announcement:
For a photo I took at the Four Continents Figure Skating Championships, I received an Encouragement Award from the Tokyo Press Photographers Association in the category of international sports news photography. I would like to thank Hanyu senshu, Kagiyama senshu, and everyone. I am looking forward to witnessing such a wonderful moment again."

You can see the awarded photos here.
*The photo of Yuzu laughing on the ice by Kokaito san won the best international sports news photo award

[NEWS]

Someone may have already translated, but this is a translation of Kokaito san's comment on receiving the award from TPPA shared by Sponichi:

"The Four Continents Figure Skating Championships held in Seoul, Korea early February was the only occasion I went abroad to cover a story this year. At that time, I could not imagine the disaster the whole world faced afterward. Although the threat of the coronavirus was near, the Four Continents Championships was held as planned, and Hanyu senshu set the audience alight with his wonderful performance, as always.

As always, the absolute champion pointed at the sky on top of the podium. With this victory, Hanyu senshu won all the major titles in both junior and senior levels and achieved "Super Slam." At the end of the competition, he threw himself down on the ice with a big smile on his face. I released the shutter feeling that the smile matched his great achievement.

Looking back at it, the moment was so special. Every time I look at this smile, I truly hope that sports will be played in safety again in every corner of the world."

Source :68271262:

[NEWS]

1 hour ago, sweetwater said:

Someone may have already translated, but this is a translation of Kokaito san's comment on receiving the award from TPPA shared by Sponichi:

"The Four Continents Figure Skating Championships held in Seoul, Korea early February was the only occasion I went abroad to cover a story this year. At that time, I could not imagine the disaster the whole world faced afterward. Although the threat of the coronavirus was near, the Four Continents Championships was held as planned, and Hanyu senshu set the audience alight with his wonderful performance, as always.

As always, the absolute champion pointed at the sky on top of the podium. With this victory, Hanyu senshu won all the major titles in both junior and senior levels and achieved "Super Slam." At the end of the competition, he threw himself down on the ice with a big smile on his face. I released the shutter feeling that the smile matched his great achievement.

Looking back at it, the moment was so special. Every time I look at this smile, I truly hope that sports will be played in safety again in every corner of the world."

Source :68271262:

[NEWS]

Couldn't agree more with that final sentiment.  :heart:

6 hours ago, Melodie said:

Hair scrunchies. So pretty :img_21:

This post has been tagged by Fay as [NEWS].

I knew I kept my hair long for a good reason :laughing:, even though short hair would be much lower maintenance! I do wish they had a Masquerade one, since red is my favorite color, sigh..., although not appropriate for this exhibition's theme.

2 hours ago, YuzuNekozuu said:

I'm jealous of the pillow he is hugging...

You and a zillion other Fanyus...:rofl2:

13 minutes ago, Ladysci said:

I knew I kept my hair long for a good reason :laughing:, even though short hair would be much lower maintenance! I do wish they had a Masquerade one, since red is my favorite color, sigh...

You and a zillion other Fanyus...:rofl2:

They are all disaster-related programs, you know. But they might have struck a potential gold mine in those scrunchies. Another nice way of declaring your fandom without being too conspicuous about it. Lol 😂