General Yuzuru Chat

np_file_53313.jpeg

Great pic in the Japan Times about Yuzuru (maybe) competing at JNats :heartsign:

(I wish they stated ALL the reasons why he withdrew from GP series, not only because he has asthma....)

Yuzuru Hanyu set to compete at national championships | The Japan Times

Just a thought - do you think Yuzu (and others) might be able to access the vaccine before the competition? In the UK it's expected vaccines will be available for priority groups from December....

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].
1 hour ago, Pammi said:

np_file_53313.jpeg

Great pic in the Japan Times about Yuzuru (maybe) competing at JNats :heartsign:

(I wish they stated ALL the reasons why he withdrew from GP series, not only because he has asthma....)

Yuzuru Hanyu set to compete at national championships | The Japan Times

Just a thought - do you think Yuzu (and others) might be able to access the vaccine before the competition? In the UK it's expected vaccines will be available for priority groups from December....

He is not going to get special consideration for the timing of his vaccine - they'll vaccinate health care workers first.  And there is a 3-4 week time between doses.  Again, just not enough time between now and then for him to get a vaccine (and they are not approved yet anyway).  If vaccines are readily available in, say, January, maybe he would be able to get to Toronto to train for a couple of months before World's.  I just can't see him taking a chance with his health any sooner and also do not believe he's going to want to put himself out there to compete until he's had some real time with his real coaches.

5 hours ago, Paskud said:

I hope never.:tumblr_inline_mjgka6fYNw1qz4rgp:

Kinda with you on that. He and Wilson are on my list of uninspiring choreographers*. And I have beef with them bcz they choreograph for skaters I care about, and gave them essentially nothing to work with, with some few exceptions. (*I'd like to pretend a certain Russian "choreographer" is just a result of our collective, continuous nightmare)

_______

Also, Mao, Yuna, Yuzuru. Wow, overabundance in modesty, really. Plus, why only famous Asian skaters, I wonder. He did write "there is so many more", but the ones he could name on top of his head are these 3, especially? As kids these days would say, "Sus".

_______

ETA: Yuzu will WD. Even if he would be given access to vaccine, which is highly unlikely, I don't think he would chance it. When he WD from GP he said it was first and foremost due to concerns over his own health, yes. But he added that it was also with an understanding that his presence will draw crowd. Even if he and other athletes will somehow get vaccination priority - which they won't, the audience certainly will not. So.

Also, getting vaccinated is not a walk in a park either, you know. I am as far from an antivaxxer as possible, but any vaccine done this quickly is just too risky, esp for someone who already has an underlying health issue.

I think that he will withdraw from Japanese Nationals for the same reasons that he withdrew from the GP series this season. The rate of infections is increasing in Japan as it is throughout the world. There will be thousands of people in attendance thereby increasing the chances of getting infected.  He would likely have no coach. I cannot see any potential benefit of Yuzu competing at Nationals outweighing the potential risks.

Whether he competes or not at JNats, it was good to see how much attention he can draw from the Japanese media by just having his name on the roster of potential participants. 

With the new restrictions being put in place throughout Japan this week, will the infection rates be brought under control in a month's time?  Probably not, but hopefully the curve will be flattening by then.  Still, this means that Yuzu will not likely compete, and Shoma will remain in Champery...   

As I understand it, his name isn’t automatically on the list. He did enter the competition. Thus the fuss. But whether or not each skater actually participates is unclear due to the COVID situation. I believe that’s basically what they say. And I count it as good news because it shows he’s in good condition.

Edited: Corrected the letter size. I can't seem to figure out how to post from my phone...

10 minutes ago, Lily* said:

As I understand it, his name isn’t automatically on the list. He did enter the competition. Thus the fuss. But whether or not each skater actually participates is unclear due to the COVID situation. I believe that’s basically what they say. And I count it as good news because it shows he’s in good condition.

It's a default list. The same way Lucas and Hana were on the list for regionals even when they couldn't attend them, because they skated at Japan Open.

2 hours ago, yuzupon said:

Kinda with you on that. He and Wilson are on my list of uninspiring choreographers*. And I have beef with them bcz they choreograph for skaters I care about, and gave them essentially nothing to work with, with some few exceptions. (*I'd like to pretend a certain Russian "choreographer" is just a result of our collective, continuous nightmare)

_______

Also, Mao, Yuna, Yuzuru. Wow, overabundance in modesty, really. Plus, why only famous Asian skaters, I wonder. He did write "there is so many more", but the ones he could name on top of his head are these 3, especially? As kids these days would say, "Sus".

_______

While I am no fan of his, to be fair I doubt there is a choreographer on the face of the planet who does NOT in their dreamiest dreams have Yuna and Yuzu front and centre (and I am damn certain the Russian you semi-mention is among them :animated-smileys-hands-fingers-01:), however unlikely and impossible it would be. Brilliance and artistry and iconic status means they would come to mind first for... pretty much anyone if they are being honest.

Wouldn't you, even if a small-time and unknown, dream those dreams?

We know Jeff did his SP.... if (and I'm just saying if) he doesn't WD yet, when do you think we'll get a hint as to the music?

7 hours ago, SuzyQ said:

The venue for Nationals locates in the area of Warning Level 4 in Nagano Prefecture (this is the current situation though).

If it was a no-spectator competition, we did not have to worry this much :animated-smileys-embarrassed-23:

But he really loves skating and may be eager to compete.  I sincerly hope the condition will be getting better with the recent measures.  

This is the kind of news that I think would  make Yuzu decide not to compete, for sure. 

But if he doesn't do Nationals, then it means there's  a  real possibility  that he won't  compete at all until the 2021/22 season, because I honestly think it's even odds that Worlds will be canceled at this point

As much as I miss Yuzu's beautiful skating and want to see him, I'd rather he skip Nats. There's no need to risk his health at this time when there's a vaccine around the corner. I don't trust them to prioritize safety when they insist on holding the competition with an audience.

43 minutes ago, TallyT said:

While I am no fan of him, to be fair I doubt there is a choreographer on the face of the planet who does NOT in their dreamiest dreams have Yuna and Yuzu front and centre (and I am damn certain the Russian you semi-mention is among them :animated-smileys-hands-fingers-01:), however unlikely and impossible those dreams were or are. 

True sign of a :goat: , when top coaches (ahem, Eteri) want to coach you, and top choreographers want to do your programs.

10 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

But if he doesn't do Nationals, then it means there's  a  real possibility  that he won't  compete at all until the 2021/22 season, because I honestly think it's even odds that Worlds will be canceled at this point

Which is why he might - might - go for it, if the precautions are in place. He must be even more missing it than we are, and if - again if - he wants to try you know what this year....

The release of a new line of chewing gum also becomes the news :P 

Anyway, it seems that this one is designed by Yuzu??? (or is it revamped with his images from the latest comps on the cover?) We can talk about this while we wait for official confirmation from him :grin: