General Yuzuru Chat

I would much prefer Yuzu NOT go to Japanese nationals! This season is a wash, and it's dangerous and pointless to hold nationals when every other international competition after it is going to be canceled. The logistics are too complicated to get all skaters, coaches, staff to quarantine, not to mention there's audience?! The virus is not gonna be better in a few weeks than it is now.

I would personally prefer him continue to hide safely and practice in secret. Somehow it gives me peace of mind not to see him :shrug:Plus the first one is possibly a :pancake: anyway.

1 hour ago, monchan said:

So the list basically means nothing.

I have a gut feeling he will WD. Besides his considerateness, he might not want to show smt half-assed. I doubt his new programs are ready to be shown at this point.

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].

Of course it means nothing. This is only a list of skaters who qualified to JNats according to rules. Yuzuru is a seeded skater, so he is on the list. I'm surprised there is so much fuss about it. (⊙ˍ⊙)

33 minutes ago, Paskud said:

I'm surprised there is so much fuss about it. (⊙ˍ⊙)

Well, Yuzu's name on an entry list is some kind of (potential) evidence that he is still alive and hasn't turned into a fossile or ghost or any other kind of echo of his living existence yet.

At this point it feels like breaking news, really.

7 hours ago, daisyjune said:

Yuzu's name is on the entry list, but according to Nikkan Sports;

"He will cautiously decide if he will take part in the competition. The situation is fluid, but the chance of his participation in Japan Nationals is not zero now." https://www.nikkansports.com/sports/news/202011250000569.html

So obviously, as of now he  doesn't tell JSF any intention of WD, but it seems like he will see the situation of Covid19 in December and decide if he will go to Nagano.

This post has been tagged by WinForPooh as [NEWS].

He will withdraw.  I'd put money on that.  He hasn't had any direct coaching since March; we don't even know if he has a new FS; and, most importantly, the risks to his health are not going to be less in a month.  Cases are going up everywhere.  I think that the best we can hope for is a white wall appearance explaining his regret and his decision.

8 hours ago, Umebachi said:

[NEWS]

Japanese TV just announced that Yuzu will be competing at the Japanese Nationals in Dec!

Yuzu is entry number 20:

OMG!!! Finally some good news!! Can't wait to see him again .,. and we don't know a thing about his new programs ...

edit: oh .. you, guys think that he will wd .... sigh ... maybe is for the best... 

1 hour ago, barbara said:

He will withdraw.  I'd put money on that.  He hasn't had any direct coaching since March; we don't even know if he has a new FS; and, most importantly, the risks to his health are not going to be less in a month.  Cases are going up everywhere.  I think that the best we can hope for is a white wall appearance explaining his regret and his decision.

I'm not so sure about that. He's a natural-born competitor and in his own words, 'lives to skate'. Yes, he's very disciplined,but he has to be champing at the bit by now to get out there and compete. Also, nationals are his only chance to do a competition at all before Worlds (assuming World get held.) Pretty sure he wouldn't want Worlds to be his 'first pancake' after no competition for a year. 

I think it will depend on the COVID situation in Nagano itself. if case counts are rising rapidly there, then I think he'd withdraw, but if not, and if he's in any kind of shape to compete,  then I think he'll show up. 

33 minutes ago, Fay said:

I knew I could count on you to respond. You’re such a special fan of his! :D 

It would be absolutely amazing to hear how Yuzuru's programs until now were uninspired, lacked quality and depth, but now he finally can show his true abilities thanks to Richaud' choreo. And then program turns out to be trashy mess anyway.

More seriously, I think Yuzuru likes to have freedom in creating his programs, which I believe isn't something Richuad would give him.

1 minute ago, Paskud said:

It would be absolutely amazing to hear how Yuzuru's programs until now were uninspired, lacked quality and depth, but now he finally can show his true abilities thanks to Richaud' choreo. Ad then program turns out to be trashy mess anyway.

More seriously, I think Yuzuru likes to have freedom in creating his programs, which I believe isn't something Richuad would give him.

He certainly doesn’t lack modesty, does he? Lol 

The venue for Nationals locates in the area of Warning Level 4 in Nagano Prefecture (this is the current situation though).

If it was a no-spectator competition, we did not have to worry this much :animated-smileys-embarrassed-23:

But he really loves skating and may be eager to compete.  I sincerly hope the condition will be getting better with the recent measures.  

20 minutes ago, SuzyQ said:

The venue for Nationals locates in the area of Warning Level 4 in Nagano Prefecture (this is the current situation though).

If it was a no-spectator competition, we did not have to worry this much :animated-smileys-embarrassed-23:

But he really loves skating and may be eager to compete.  I sincerly hope the condition will be getting better with the recent measures.  

It looks a bit like pooh :hihi::angrypooh:

Oh a more serious note, yes Yuzu loves to compete, but he withdrew from the GP for a reason. Which he's never done before despite injuries and 2 OGMs. So I think he is capable of being sensible despite I'm sure having a HUGE urge to compete and no end to the pandemic in sight at this point.