General Yuzuru Chat

1 minute ago, SitTwizzle said:

The thing is, in some of his expressions he does look like an anime character, but no anime character have his versatility in expressions, they have to resort to over-the-top and rather depersonalised expressions, instead of Yuzuru Hanyu's real, and completely personal, ones. He is better than anime.

I couldn't help laughing at how hugely different they were, no one would guess they were all the same young man....

I also tried a few women, and other people I'm a fan of. Those who turned out not-a-disaster pretty much always looked the same, even (and yes, I succumbed) me...

3 hours ago, Fay said:

Ahh I'd love to hear Yuzu's hydroblade tips, his is so nice. I've been trying (or, was trying) to do one for months but can't get down far enough :yuck:

Can anyone translate what he was saying while teaching them to hydroblade? At 3:23? 

27 minutes ago, Veveco said:

Come to think of it, when it comes to hydroblade I always associate it with Yuzu (obviously) or Keegan. Are there any women doing a good hydroblade at the moment?

Now that you mention it... I don’t think I’ve seen any female skaters do it in competition

15 分, azelaisさんが言いました:

Ahh I'd love to hear Yuzu's hydroblade tips, his is so nice. I've been trying (or, was trying) to do one for months but can't get down far enough :yuck:

Can anyone translate what he was saying while teaching them to hydroblade? At 3:23? 

That's actually about pelvis things :laughing:

Unfortunately, no words heard for coaching scenes.

4 minutes ago, IULIANA said:

Shae-Lynn Bourne is doing actually pretty nice hidroblades by her own in shows and was famous together with her ID partner Victor Kratz for this move as their trade mark.

A different type of hydroblade. Akiko and Miki did that type too, as far as I can remember.

1 hour ago, Veveco said:

Come to think of it, when it comes to hydroblade I always associate it with Yuzu (obviously) or Keegan. Are there any women doing a good hydroblade at the moment?

Hanul Kim. Her Ina Bauer is nice too :) 

Here is an example (around 3:54)

17 hours ago, sweetwater said:

These are "Arigato gozaimashita" from Japanese men's skaters at JNats last December. Can you tell which "Arigato gozaimashita" is Yuzu's?

Answer

Reveal hidden contents

I've got it right! There's no way I miss his little tender voice of arigato :10636614: 

1 hour ago, BWOZWaltz said:

I've got it right! There's no way I miss his little tender voice of arigato :10636614: 

I could identify Yuzu, Daisuke, Shun, and Ryuju, but detected multiple Keijis and Kazukis. :68468287:  Yeah, the softness of Yuzu's voice stands out among the older and taller guys here...

By the way, Shae can do hydro in both ways. I was thinking the same as Fay but I've just found this video while randomly watching Bourne/Kraatz videos

I love hydro with legs crossed. I wonder if it is more difficult than doing it in the other way or it just depends on one's physique.

Memory lane. Shae and Vic were always emphasizing their hydroblading moves. At the time I thought it was cool but thought they milked them way too much and overdid it in every program. I think the fluff pieces on Canadian tv about it annoyed me so much that I went firmly into the Anisina/Peizerat corner when it was between the 2 for medals. I would have appreciated it more at the time if it wasn't stuffed down my throat constantly. But, it is a cool move/technique and I will forever associate it with Shae/Vic although Yuzu has brought it back to popularity.