General Yuzuru Chat

2 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Important thing in that article: Yuzu says he's finally satisfied with one of his skates ( the Chopin), calling it 'the most perfect skate I've ever done'. It's gratifying to see him finally say something like that. And of course the boy is right, that was a perfect Chopin.

The perfect Chopin with imperfect scoring.

5 minutes ago, Geo1 said:

The perfect Chopin with imperfect scoring.

Still his highest ever under the +5 system. I think the key takeaway is that Yuzu was finally happy with one of his performances. So now we know that it takes six years of skating a program for it to be up to Yuzu's standards.

Given that fact, all the fuss* over him recycling programs seems very inappropriate. Let the man perfect his masterpieces, yo.

*in various places such as Twitter

1 hour ago, amylance1215 said:

I'm peeved that they said Chopin and Seimei were tributes to Plush and Johnny. Like, NO!!! How could they say that about two masterpieces that represent the essence of Yuzuru Hanyu?!! Yeah, I'm not pleased about this mistake, at all :smiley_hairpull:

When I read that article yesterday and saw this, I thought WTF are they talking about? It spoiled the rest of the article for me.

And @Veveco is right, there is absolutely no ambiguity in the mistaken assertion. They screwed up.

3 hours ago, Fay said:

New stuff on Yuzu? 

I've never read this comment on Korean fans so this could be new.  Other comments were probably given in the mixed-zone interviews and press conferences, but I think there may be some mistranslations and paraphrasing here and there. For example, he says, "I could jump higher and with more perfection" about his jumps in the SP here, but in Japanese articles, he didn't mention the height of the jumps. Instead, he said, "More than anything, I feel that it was because of this program that I could land high-quality jumps while feeling the music to the full." ("何より、やっぱり曲をすごく感じることをしながらも、すごくクオリティの高いジャンプを跳べたっていうのは、なんかやっぱり、このプログラムならではなのかなっていう感じもしています") 

The comment on his own experience as a flower kid can be found in the press conference video as well, and he acknowledged that it was probably his best Chopin in other articles too.

At 4CC, the interpreter wasn't a figure skating expert, so I guess non-Japanese media had some difficulties understanding his comments even though Yuzu did his best in interpreting his own comments.

1 hour ago, amylance1215 said:

I'm peeved that they said Chopin and Seimei were tributes to Plush and Johnny. Like, NO!!! How could they say that about two masterpieces that represent the essence of Yuzuru Hanyu?!! Yeah, I'm not pleased about this mistake, at all :smiley_hairpull:

Chopin and Seimei are tributes from Yuzuru Hanyu to Yuzuru Hanyu by ©Yuzuru Hanyu.

The finest wine and cheese of the skating world.

9 minutes ago, Veveco said:

Was this quizz shared? Very fun but beware the bad fashion coming! I got sex bomb. My poor eyes!!!  :crazyshit:

https://uquiz.com/quiz/wTCGIU/which-cursed-figure-skating-outfit-are-you?p=488143

Yeah, so I got Stephane's zebra costume. Kind of fitting since that outfit makes me double take to this day.

retook the quiz, changed a couple answers, and got Javi's black and white pinstripe outfit with the red and yellow collar - what program was that?

I got Javi's Satan Takes A Holiday costume with the pinstripes. Eh, I've seen worse...

@barbara I like to sleep. I seriously considered not choosing to quarantine with Yuzu practicing his 4A at 3 AM. One of the other options was to quarantine with Nathan, but he just wants to talk about how much he admires Yuzuru all the time. Which seemed like a perfectly fine way to spend quarantine to me... but I still decided to go with Yuzu in the end.

50 minutes ago, Veveco said:

Was this quizz shared? Very fun but beware the bad fashion coming! I got sex bomb. My poor eyes!!!  :crazyshit:

https://uquiz.com/quiz/wTCGIU/which-cursed-figure-skating-outfit-are-you?p=488143

I got Javi's costume too, probably because, in my mind, uncle Sergei Voronov is the only hot Sergei... but I kind of like that costume so I am fine.