General Yuzuru Chat

4 minutes ago, mercedes said:

I was reading an article about it and the idea behind it's for making the whole pandemic situation less scary for children hence the disney masks.....but then I saw Pooh and I thought about one japanese guy:59182a91b7414_cool(1):

Who wouldn't?

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

:rofl3::1: Your mom is a true fanyu. Totally hardcore.

She really is and it makes me so happy to have someone in my family who loves to watch him skate just as much as I do :10742289:

Unfortunately she can't speak English (not to mention Japanese), so I translate her interesting news and documentaries into German or Hungarian. Sometimes I even create subtitles, if the clip is not too long, and then we watch it together. It's our little mother-doughter ritual since Helsinki 2017.

I remember, how nervous I was before the freeskate that day. She joined me on the couch and said: 'If this Yuzuru Hanyu is really that good, he will win, don't worry.' After the free she was speechless and we replayed H&L like 10 times in a row... and of course his other performances, too :laughing: Yeah and suddenly I was not the only fanyu in the house anymore :dancingpooh:

55 minutes ago, barbara said:

I only want the one! I'd order several Pooh faces - but I suppose the other faces could be used for going to the grocery store.  I wonder what they mean by "small" - like for a child?

They are available in medium and large, too - you can pre-order them.  Not inexpensive, especially when it's only one of the four I really want.

1 hour ago, amylance1215 said:

Choose the ultimate programs from these perfect four. They're all iconic and I love them all! How to choose?!! :14066882:

• 2014 Sochi PW (Yuzu, your worry about not being sexy enough is invalid!)
  • 2015 NHK Seimei (I do love this ver. a bit more than the GPF one, that murder-look hydroblade)
  • 2017 Worlds Hope & Legacy (I have a feeling many would choose this)
  • 2018 PC Chopin ("I'm back!" :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:)

Like being asked which of these four perfect priceless diamonds do you want...

3 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Swanyu! Right? 

Edited to add that I see by the hashtags it's Seimei. So much for my hydroblade recognition

The eyebrows...

(Remembers me a Tsiskaridze fanpage subtitle : "Eyebrowgate since 1973". :P Deleted since, as some don't understand joking and awe are compatible. I confess I am weak to "murderfaces" from great men.)

And no matter the camera, I am endowed with a special gift of making awful videos. Or no video at all.

Seeing these 4CC magazine covers is making me feel so thankful that 4CC could be held before all this mess got way worse, so that Yuzu could get his super slam and end his season on a positive note and finding the sense of “skating for himself”, rather than the disappointment of Japanese nationals!

I just remembered something funny that happened back in Feburary. I was in my Sunday school class.

My teacher said, "Has anyone ever bought anything from a celebrity endorsement?"

"Yes!" I said with a stupid smile on my face. 

He thought I was embarrassed so he said, "Would you like to share about it?"

I was in a class with all guys that day so I said, "There's a figure skater I really love and it was a cream I bought to try. It works great!" Carefully leaving out it was a mens figure skater lol. Guys here in the US countryside wouldn't understand.

My teacher said, " So you bought it just because of this skater?" 

Me, "Yes!"

My class probably thought it was a little weird lol but they don't know Yuzuru!

2 hours ago, Glory said:

I just remembered something funny that happened back in Feburary. I was in my Sunday school class.

My teacher said, "Has anyone ever bought anything from a celebrity endorsement?"

I was in a class with all guys that day so I said, "There's a figure skater I really love and it was a cream I bought to try. It works great!" Carefully leaving out it was a mens figure skater lol. Guys here in the US countryside wouldn't understand.

Me, "Yes!"

Which cream? And was it really good?  (And anything Ghana - CHOCOLATE!!!!)

25 minutes ago, barbara said:

Which cream? And was it really good?  (And anything Ghana - CHOCOLATE!!!!)

I got the Kose Sekkisei herbal gel and lotion. They're awesome! I've lived my whole life with really dry skin on my face and now it's like I have normal skin. Other products I've tried wear off by the next day but this one stays so when I wake up in the morning I don't even have to put cream on right away. 

Sorry if you thought I meant edible cream I didn't make it clear :)

I've never had Ghana is it any good?

3 hours ago, Glory said:

Me, "Yes!"

I would love to know their reaction if you told them it was a guy LOL.

Although your story is reminding me that Yuzu's debut as Kose's global muse got postponed because of the pandemic :sadPooh:

3 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I would love to know their reaction if you told them it was a guy LOL.

Although your story is reminding me that Yuzu's debut as Kose's global muse got postponed because of the pandemic :sadPooh:

Haha They probably thought it was strange I was smiling (I might have giggled as well I'm not sure..) as much as I was :)

Sorry to make you think of sad news!  He'll be back and with more sponsors and interviews!! And more things for us to gladly buy!!

8 hours ago, barbara said:

I think the biggest lesson I learned at ACI is that I shouldn't even think about recording performances because there will always be a better recording broadcast - but I really, really love his practices (and his practice gear) and that's what I most want to capture and save.  A really high quality camera able to capture a clean, clear frame of Yuzu is absolutely necessary to get anything but blur.  He is SO fast. My only clean pics are when he's posed just prior to starting a program.  Even though there are plenty of beautiful photos of him available, having ones I took myself allow me to remember that I was there and he was there and that it was real.

The last sentence...so relatable.