General Yuzuru Chat

3 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

His skating caught my attention because it was different from what I have seen before. I liked Johnny's skating before but I thought Yuzu was something more and his skating was more exciting. He was already very good with great jumps and spins, and I thought then he was a very expressive already at such a young age. He skated with such commitment, speed and there was a youthful 'wildness' in his skating combined with ease and elegance which I found exciting. I loved Etude in the 2011/12 season, it was my favourite program then.

I thought he had big potential and actually I was optimistic when I read the news in 2012 that he moved to Toronto.

I hoped I would be able to follow his development over the years and watch his skating and I couldn't be more grateful that I did.

I did not become a fan of Yuzu until the Sochi Olympics and Saitama worlds in 2014, but as I have previously posted, I was in Germany in September, 2011 at the same time as Yuzu when he was competing at the Nebelhorn Trophy, albeit we were several hundred kilometers apart.

I had absolutely no interest in figure skating at that time and, of course, would have had no idea who Yuzuru Hanyu was, but the fact that we were in the same country at the same time from opposite sides of the world may have been a harbinger that my life would eventually be inextricably bound with his.

What has Yuzu been doing during lockdown and when will he make the trip back to Toronto and hit the ice?  On the first question, I would not be surprised if he has not gone and done a ton of his university work.  Ideal circumstances for him to knuckle down and hit the books (or rather, computer monitor).  I also would not be surprised if he has not already done a lot of the work on laying out programs for the coming season (if there is one) and also working in conjunction with his usual choreographers.   There are computer programs that can be used to aid in choreographing and Yuzu is not impoverished.  He can afford them and he can get a lot done even before he laces up his skates.

Second, when will he return to Toronto?  That will depend on when things start trending back to normal there.  The Toronto health director today said that the expectations should be that lockdown requirements could go for another three months while at the same time Doug Ford, the current premiere of Ontario province, has said that businesses should start preparing to reopen in the near future.  There seems to be a contradiction there but I think the two viewpoints can be harmonized by saying that the last of the lockdown elements may persist another three months while gradual reopenings might commence within days or a couple weeks.  The situation at TCC is such that social distancing can be easily maintained so that it might be able to start functioning as soon as certain lockdown elements start being relaxed.  Once TCC can be open for business then it will be up to Yuzu with his coaching team to chart out how Yuzu can return and start preparing to compete.

I will end this on a rather negative note, though.  It is very possible that next season may not occur or that much of it might take place in the very early months of 2021.  Mass gatherings of people in stadiums, arenas, and theaters will be the last elements of lockdown to be relaxed.  So be prepared.  I am thinking with all the postponements and cancellations that are taking place that in the future we might think of 2020 as being the 'year that was'nt'.

4 hours ago, Henni147 said:

Showed my mom this video today. Her reaction:

"Why is his score getting lower and lower?! Okay, it's not as perfect as forwards, but negative scoring? ISU is really shameless."

:darklordyuzu:

:rofl3::1: Your mom is a true fanyu. Totally hardcore.

1 hour ago, barbara said:

I recorded him skating this, too, but somehow the quality of my I-Phone 6 video doesn't quite compare.

We all should save our money for better cameras. Nearly every shot and video I've done of Yuzu looks like it was recorded on a potato ☹️

4 hours ago, Fay said:

New content, everyone

Waking up to this really make my day :68556365:

OT, this video has probably been posted before but I just want to bring it back, especially  during these trying times. Watching this is heart-wrenching, but healing and uplifting at the same time. It perfectly captures the essence of his characters in face of hardships, tenacious, determined, kind, hopeful,... pardon my limited vocabulary :10636614:

Turn on caption for English. 

WARNING: contains footages and mentions of his serious injuries (COC '14, NHK '17...)  :68811363:

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

We all should save our money for better cameras. Nearly every shot and video I've done of Yuzu looks like it was recorded on a potato ☹️

I think the biggest lesson I learned at ACI is that I shouldn't even think about recording performances because there will always be a better recording broadcast - but I really, really love his practices (and his practice gear) and that's what I most want to capture and save.  A really high quality camera able to capture a clean, clear frame of Yuzu is absolutely necessary to get anything but blur.  He is SO fast. My only clean pics are when he's posed just prior to starting a program.  Even though there are plenty of beautiful photos of him available, having ones I took myself allow me to remember that I was there and he was there and that it was real.

2 minutes ago, barbara said:

I think the biggest lesson I learned at ACI is that I shouldn't even think about recording performances because there will always be a better recording broadcast - but I really, really love his practices (and his practice gear) and that's what I most want to capture and save.  A really high quality camera able to capture a clean, clear frame of Yuzu is absolutely necessary to get anything but blur.  He is SO fast. My only clean pics are when he's posed just prior to starting a program.  Even though there are plenty of beautiful photos of him available, having ones I took myself allow me to remember that I was there and he was there and that it was real.

we all can watch the broadcast but when you have your own pics/videos to go together with your memories I'm sure it's pretty special....even if they turns out blurry.Not talking from a personal experience...yet;-)

also Yuzuru you know you want this LOL

https://www.shopdisney.com/small-disney-cloth-face-masks-4-pack-set-pre-order-420221228340.html?isProductSearch=0&plpPosition=10&guestFacing=Magic-Face%20Masks

2 minutes ago, mercedes said:

we all can watch the broadcast but when you have your own pics/videos to go together with your memories I'm sure it's pretty special....even if they turns out blurry.Not talking from a personal experience...yet;-)

also Yuzuru you know you want this LOL

https://www.shopdisney.com/small-disney-cloth-face-masks-4-pack-set-pre-order-420221228340.html?isProductSearch=0&plpPosition=10&guestFacing=Magic-Face%20Masks

I only want the one! I'd order several Pooh faces - but I suppose the other faces could be used for going to the grocery store.  I wonder what they mean by "small" - like for a child?

9 minutes ago, barbara said:

I only want the one! I'd order several Pooh faces - but I suppose the other faces could be used for going to the grocery store.  I wonder what they mean by "small" - like for a child?

I was reading an article about it and the idea behind it's for making the whole pandemic situation less scary for children hence the disney masks.....but then I saw Pooh and I thought about one japanese guy:59182a91b7414_cool(1):

Choose the ultimate programs from these perfect four. They're all iconic and I love them all! How to choose?!! :14066882:

• 2014 Sochi PW (Yuzu, your worry about not being sexy enough is invalid!)
  • 2015 NHK Seimei (I do love this ver. a bit more than the GPF one, that murder-look hydroblade)
  • 2017 Worlds Hope & Legacy (I have a feeling many would choose this)
  • 2018 PC Chopin ("I'm back!" :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:)