It's that time of the year - coaching changes 2019/2020

11 minutes ago, memae said:

I guess it makes sense because "Shoma" ends like a girl's name. But the -ochka suffix sounds so feminine to me. Like using "Ruby" as a nickname for a guy named Reuben. 

If he's going to Eteri, he'd better try to blend in with the girls.

1 hour ago, Moria Polonius said:

If he's going to Eteri, he'd better try to blend in with the girls.

I just hope she's flexible enough to adjust for him when necessary. The language barrier alone is going to be troublesome.

I think Shoma is likely to stick with Eteri camp (granted that they accept him. Her camp is also crowded with 3 juniors coming to seniors and a batch of girls debuting in junior circuit for the next 2 years). 

I don’t see him training in japan unless he comes back to the old coaching team. His old team has the best resources: they have their own ice rink, they put him as their absolutely top priority, Mihoko is almost like his personal coach and 2nd mom, not to mention the political advantage that Nagoya brings to him which results in his scores in competitions. He could not get these conditions anywhere in japan. Hamada is the 2nd best option, but her hands are full with Rika, Satoko and juniors. 

In NA, I don’t think Raf will accept him. It not only creates potential conflicts with Nathan, but also with usfs. Raf’s camp is backed up by his connections with usfs, and taking the direct rival of us’s top skater right now is not really nice in their eyes, i think. Marin is a different situation. 

TCC is out of range because Brian and Tracy are busy doing training camps with team china. 

I used to think Shoma might go to Ravi Walia ( Osmond’s coach), but he doesn’t have much political power, and shoma is not yuzu, so, not very likely. Tom Z? Nah, Zhou is there.

In russia, there is only 2 camps worth mentioning: Mishin and Eteri. But Mishin has declined the rumor of taking him in, so only Eteri left. And frankly, i think that it’s the best option for Shoma in this situation too. We saw what Eteri camp has done to Lilbet: restored her jumps and added 4sal successfully (technique and method are  different story tho, as long as she made positive results, who would care abt that?). And that’s exactly what he needs right now. He needs to improve consistency, not his technique (too late already), and he needs that 4s and 3.25floopz which Eteri might very well help him land those for a short time. And she is influential. For short-term results, her camp is exactly what he needs rn.

i don’t rule out the possibility that he would return to his old coaching team after the camp or 1-2 seasons. After all, they offer him so many benefits that no other coach could do. 

@airi I just wanted to let you know the tiny but funny misspell in your post about coaches made me imagine the weirdest but most entertaining scenes :67638860: 

On 6/7/2019 at 10:20 PM, Fay said:

Shoma is joining Eteri’s summer camp, everyone. Get some popcorn, quick. 

I'm cackling again:laughing:

but also nooooooo I need those Yuzu COR fancams :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:

On 6/8/2019 at 3:51 AM, WinForPooh said:

Done four times in the free. Called the 4Lz first, then the 4F, then the 4F and then the repeat quad, 4Flooptz.

ok I chuckled but it's also... a bit mean :14066882:  but also true :sad4: but also mean:tumblr_inline_n2pjcykAXc1qdlkyg:

well, anyway, with Eteri I expect him to work mostly on increasing efficiency. Since Shoma has been trying "4Lz" before olympic season iiirc (there was also the blurry footage), edge aside, he's likely aready there in terms of the rotations needed to get the jump validated (it's not like tech panels usually have such high standards anyway), so it isn't a matter of if but of when

since he was going crazy in WTT, I think he'd work on bringing at least one new jump regardless of where he trains tbh:tumblr_inline_mg16f1RxCn1qdlkyg:

5 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

Russian federation released a statement about Shoma. He'll arrive this week (maybe they mean early next week?) to Moscow and will stay there for over a month, 'after which further plans will be discussed'.

https://fsrussia.ru/news/4411-shoma-uno-provedet-letnij-sbor-v-gruppe-eteri-tutberidze.html

That's practically a confirmation, there isn't time to shop around much after that. It's Eteri or bust now...

8 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

Russian federation released a statement about Shoma. He'll arrive this week (maybe they mean early next week?) to Moscow and will stay there for over a month, 'after which further plans will be discussed'.

https://fsrussia.ru/news/4411-shoma-uno-provedet-letnij-sbor-v-gruppe-eteri-tutberidze.html

over a month is a lot of time for testing things out in one camp when you are supposed to try other camps too and then make a choice and then move to the place you've chosen and then prepare to leave again to get choreo by mid-August...or has he already tried the other camps?

btw this IMO suggests Eteri is by far the option n°1

(again, I'm mostly sad that the chances for fancams are getting slimmer by the minute...):tumblr_m7etfqA8wS1qb1380:

2 minutes ago, LadyLou said:

...or has he already tried the other camps?

btw this IMO suggests Eteir is the option n°1

(again, I'm mostly sad that the chances for fancams are getting slimmer by the minute...):tumblr_m7etfqA8wS1qb1380:

Since he didn't do FAOI maybe he used those weeks to try another camp.