When will Yuzu land 4A

SparkleSalad

When will Mr Hanyu land 4A?  

301 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 hours ago, orphismo said:

I wonder if Keegan is going to go for it this week :unsure:

If Keegan was practicing in a harness and still under-rotating his 4A just this summer, then he's nowhere near ready to put it into competition, unless he did those things on purpose for that video (which is doubtful lol). Quads take soooo long to become stable and to be quality enough to be jumped safely(ish). Yuzu jumped his first public 4Lo in 2014, and it was fine, but he still wasn't prepared to do it in competition until two years later. And the 4A is another order of magnitude above the other quads. Neither Keegan, Artur, nor Yuzuru are going to YOLO any 4As if they aren't hitting the technical standard consistently. It's too much of an injury risk.

I just watched that Pj piece with Shae LYnn and yeah, they both have seen it and seem very impressed... and if they both saw it, it means he's done it quite a few times... otherwise what are the chances they'd be present at the rare times he's done it... how exciting. I"m as excited about this as i was to see Midori land the first ladies 3A... just a monumental leap, literally... beyond what others can do... gah, i'm more excited now that i watched that video....

43 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

:panic:i think definitely the first one LOL

LOL yeah I think the "if I don't win it means nothing" is stronger. He might as well win without the quad axel. But then I doubt he'd ever stop competing without landing the axel. Like he was so pissed off after he lost to Nathan at COR but at the press he said something along the lines of being at least satisfied that he landed the quad lutz 

1 hour ago, makebelieveup said:

Fun question: Which scenario will give Yuzu more kuyashii? Landing a Quad Axel and bombing all of his other quads and most of his triples or bombing the quad axel and landing all of his quads and jumps? 

I think he WILL completely bomb everything else the day he lands the 4A. He'll be so excited he'll lose focus. :laughing:

First scenario, he'd probably have some kuyashii but mostly be happy because he achieved his childhood dream and winning/losing the competition would seem secondary. Second scenario, some kuyashii that he would already be mentally prepared for because people don't usually land a hard new jump on their first try (unless you're... him!) but at least everything else was clean. So neither situation would be too awful. :D

But if he bombed the 4A and it disappointed him so that he also bombed everything else..... then we'd have a really pouty face.

18 minutes ago, fyere0 said:

I think he WILL completely bomb everything else the day he lands the 4A. He'll be so excited he'll lose focus. :laughing:

First scenario, he'd probably have some kuyashii but mostly be happy because he achieved his childhood dream and winning/losing the competition would seem secondary. Second scenario, some kuyashii that he would already be mentally prepared for because people don't usually land a hard new jump on their first try (unless you're... him!) but at least everything else was clean. So neither situation would be too awful. :D

But if he bombed the 4A and it disappointed him so that he also bombed everything else..... then we'd have a really pouty face.

ohhh that face is not going to look pretty. i'd feel sorry for TCC going back to train with him lol His face after the sp at helsinki is still traumatizing in a way. He looked so disappointed in himself. 

but if he bombed the axel and everything else in the short, he will land it and skate perfect in the free and win the competition. everytime

I remember a protocol with 4A< from Dmitriev (from a russian comp?), but I don't remember watching the jump itself...as in, idk if it was 'just' UR or panel had been generous with that call...anyway, kudos to him for going for it, and to see that 4 next to the A was pretty epic :biggrin:

It will be kind of surreal to see at COR 3 skaters who have tried/possibly landed 4A:tumblr_inline_ncmiffG34Z1rpglid:

but I'll always root for Yuzuru to conquer it first:tumblr_inline_n2pje2YFXq1qdlkyg: just like he did with 4Lo, despite not being the first one to attempt it in comp...

(also, sorry you other axel guys, but the Universe might want to add another similarity between Dick Button and Yuzuru, after the double back to back OGM and first 3Lo/4Lo:P)

My feeling is that he's set an ultimatum to himself to land it at Worlds reliably. Landing a 4A + two clean programs in front of his home crowd and at Worlds sounds like the kind of thing Yuzu dreams about.

So I do think he's going to attempt it as soon as he can in competition but he's also wary of the injury risk which is why he hasn't incorporated it just yet. At what success rate will he be willing to incorporate it? That's probably the main factor here. 

My selfish wish is that he'll attempt it at the GPF but that's only a bit over two months away so who knows :scratch3: The realist in me says it'll happen at Worlds but I'd be very surprised if that'll be his first attempt at it in competition.