9 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

Oh. I didn't expect this. o_o

Came here to post this very thing. I'm a bit surprised but mostly I'm thinking 'good for Lee Barkell, he's building quite an interesting skating club'.

So if Vincent is moving to Toronto, does that mean he's given up on university for the time being? 

2 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Came here to post this very thing. I'm a bit surprised but mostly I'm thinking 'good for Lee Barkell, he's building quite an interesting skating club'.

So if Vincent is moving to Toronto, does that mean he's given up on university for the time being? 

iirc his plan was to only do one semester then take a break until after Beijing Olympics. 

2 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I read somewhere that he's taking a break to focus on training. But, if he plans to continue, Toronto is closer to Brown than Colorado.

Good luck to Vincent. I really hope they address those URs... I hope he'll be able to get ready and in good enough shape for Nats... it's not that far off...

Nice to see that the Granite Club is now starting to build its own little group of top international skaters again too. Having Lee there has brought them not only Gabby but Satoko and now Vincent. Good. The more places for top skaters to train, the better.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/27/2020 at 1:47 AM, river said:

So this is why Knierims withdrew before FS at 4CC... Must have been tough for both of them.
Wish Jessica and Brian good luck at Worlds. 

Found an episode of a documentary series "冰雪道路" (probably means "Ice road") by CCTV features Vincent Zhou and Beverly Zhu (Yi Zhu) seemingly filmed during last summer and autumn. Narration and half of the conversations are in Chinese but you can see what is happening since they are both English speakers and the coaches and the choreographers they are working with speaks English. The focus is probably on how their families support them while traveling across countries to train, to make programs, to compete, and while undergoing an injury. You'll find footage of Yuzu at PyeongChang and Saitama in the introduction of Vincent and Jeff Buttle.

• 2 weeks later...