Team Russia

5 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

A man who maintained a 20-year-long skating career with 13 of those years at the top of the game, cannot ever by any definition be a 'lazybones'. 

Russians really don't hold back when they get going, do they.

Never! That would be cowardly, if you’re being an idiot, it only worth being one full blast and throttle! :D

It’s pretty hard explaining to Russians what understatement is. There’s literally no good translations for the word. 

24 minutes ago, Fay said:

Never! That would be cowardly, if you’re being an idiot, it only worth being one full blast and throttle! :D

It’s pretty hard explaining to Russians what understatement is. There’s literally no good translations for the word. 

My take on it, is, people who discovered free speech only when adult or in late-teens, have some excuses to have a heedless use of it. It is sad nevertheless. I hope they amend.

Yet it seems the young generation (Alina Zagitova, Alena Kostornaia and many others) seem to have the greatest wisdom about it.

57 minutes ago, Fay said:

....but then how do you know who wins the argument if both sides are being full-blast idiots? Because clearly there's no admitting that one might be wrong.

as if Eteri hadn't "stolen" the "work" of others...what about Kanysheva? (Who, after having been "poached", couldn't even compete once in singles anymore. Yeah, I'm bitter about that). What about all the other skaters who had been raised and nurtured in another club, or in sambo but under different coach? Alyona didn't learn her basics under Eteri, and it shows. Zhilina didn't get her proper Lz and explosive jumps thanks to Eteri either. From a certain POV, Eteri's group just waltzed in with their training methods(that have a cost that skaters will pay entirely) and her reputation(now skaters don't even have to be consistent, they just need to be *her* skaters) and they reaped all the results. And now they act all outraged if another coach waltzes in?:shame:

Honestly, I'm fed up with the whole lot of them, coaches and fed people and choreographers and spokepeople who constantly bicker worse than little kids. All of them can destroy each other for what I care, but just leave the skaters alone! Already publishing Alina's private chats was awful, exposing her to lawsuits and backlash. Can they please stop dragging everyone else in their very personal and very petty little feuds?

4 minutes ago, FlyingCamel said:

Does anyone happen to know if there are any videos available? :) 

None. We even don’t have any protocols. The thing is... competitions with participants under 18 are banned in St. Petersburg, so this competition is disguised as a test skate. With placements 

2 hours ago, Fay said:

None. We even don’t have any protocols. The thing is... competitions with participants under 18 are banned in St. Petersburg, so this competition is disguised as a test skate. With placements 

...I have lots to say but maybe I better not. I can't imagine why this needed to be a competition, though.

Just now, Old Cat Lady said:

Such a strange rule for figure skating.   When was this rule placed?  It would explain why St. Petersburg hasn't had a world championships since 1903 or a Euros since 1970.

It’s to do with the coronavirus.