Team Russia

Trankov about T/M

We were supposed to perform at the Grand Prix stage in America, but we had no time to prepare for it, so we skip this stage. And participation in the Grand Prix stage in Russia does not fit into our plans. This year, the stages of the Russian Cup are more important, which are qualifiers for the national championship. Accordingly, we will not perform at the Grand Prix stages this season.

For almost three weeks Vova was without training on the ice, because first he went through the necessary quarantine, and then he had to pass two negative tests, and this time it was still necessary to remain isolated. Therefore, we lost almost three weeks, this is a lot, we can say this is a whole vacation. And now it is very difficult to talk about any form, the guys returned to the ice only on Monday.

It's good that from a technical point of view, the elements have not gone anywhere - everything we have developed over the summer remained in place. Now we are rolling out the functionality and a new free program.

We plan to perform in Kazan at the fourth stage of the Russian Cup. situation with a pandemic, I see no reason to plan far ahead. We will move step by step. First - Kazan. We are planning a performance at the fifth stage, but I repeat, I don’t want to guess. Let us perform in Kazan, and then we will prepare in Moscow, but there are many possible "if" - there will be no quarantine, no cancellation, skating rinks will not be closed.

https://rsport.ria.ru/20201008/figuristy-1578845446.html

Galliamov

I feel good, I don't seem to feel any symptoms. Now I am at home in isolation. I hope to return to the ice as soon as possible.

https://sport24.ru/news/figureskating/2020-10-08-sdavshiy-polozhitelnyy-test-na-koronavirus-figurist-gallyamov-rasskazal-o-svoyem-samochuvstvii

Moskvina

Unfortunately, Anastasia and Alexander will not come to the Moscow stage. The rest are healthy. And I'm fine too, thanks to the exercises.

https://tass.ru/sport/9664487

This opinion may not be welcome here, but usually I like Daniil Gleichengauz' choreographs (but I have no notion of skating choreo) because I think they show off each skater's abilities and hide their faults (like, I had not noticed Alina Zagitova's less good glide and I can enjoy her grace, her energy, her precision etc), while being enjoyable.

But since last season, I have not liked his choreographs for Camila Valieva (last season's FS and both programs this season). And now, I wonder if I haven't found a possible explanation. Architects say it is easier to draw a project if there are rigid constraints, than starting from a white sheet of paper. It may be the same for Camila Valieva : she is too good as a whole (but maybe not properly trained given her talent? Or is it her growth?) to make guidelines for him to write choreos for her. I wish Camila Valieva can have, for the Olympic season, choreos by people who have proven they can imagine something beautiful exalting a "nearly unlimited" skater's talent. I mean, Jeffrey Buttle and Shae-Lynn Bourne, of course. I am so glad Alena Kostornaia will have a free choreographed by Shae-Lynn Bourne! Yet I really liked her free of last year (her short, while very good, had a bit worn out in the second half of the season, but of course there had been very good reasons for keeping it).

I came to understand it by watching this very good video, showing Daniil Gleichengauz is at a loss with her :

3 hours ago, SitTwizzle said:

This opinion may not be welcome here, but usually I like Daniil Gleichengauz' choreographs (but I have no notion of skating choreo) because I think they show off each skater's abilities and hide their faults (like, I had not noticed Alina Zagitova's less good glide and I can enjoy her grace, her energy, her precision etc), while being enjoyable.

But since last season, I have not liked his choreographs for Camila Valieva (last season's FS and both programs this season). And now, I wonder if I haven't found a possible explanation. Architects say it is easier to draw a project if there are rigid constraints, than starting from a white sheet of paper. It may be the same for Camila Valieva : she is too good as a whole (but maybe not properly trained given her talent? Or is it her growth?) to make guidelines for him to write choreos for her. I wish Camila Valieva can have, for the Olympic season, choreos by people who have proven they can imagine something beautiful exalting a "nearly unlimited" skater's talent. I mean, Jeffrey Buttle and Shae-Lynn Bourne, of course. I am so glad Alena Kostornaia will have a free choreographed by Shae-Lynn Bourne! Yet I really liked her free of last year (her short, while very good, had a bit worn out in the second half of the season, but of course there had been very good reasons for keeping it).

I came to understand it by watching this very good video, showing Daniil Gleichengauz is at a loss with her :

1. This catch-foot illusion isn't really something new.😅 Daniil and other Russian choreographers used it in programs many times already. And not only them. I remember Nini doing it. And I think Satoko too?

Spoiler

2:34

2. About Carmen I agree, but that's also nothing new, because

3. For YEARS already Sambo skaters are doing copy-paste programs.

Spoiler

Yes, I know this are Averbukh programs.

There was also amazing video (japanese) showing even better how Sambo skaters programs (boys and girls, novice, junior and senior) are just a copy paste of each other, but of course I can't find it right now.

Just look at Shcherbakova's SPs. How similar are one to another. Elements placed in exactly same corners.

Spoiler

How many times Sambo skaters started their programs with looking around and/or skating backwards?

Had split jump before "lutz"?

Spiral-push before "flip"?

Or this famous high kick-2a that so many skaters catched already.

5 minutes ago, Paskud said:

1. This catch-foot illusion isn't really something new.😅 Daniil and other Russian choreographers used it in programs many times already. And not only them. I remember Nini doing it. And I think Satoko too?

Reveal hidden contents

2:34

2. About Carmen I agree, but that's also nothing new, because

3. For YEARS already Sambo skaters are doing copy-paste programs.

Reveal hidden contents

Yes, I know this are Aveubukh programs.

There was also amazing video (japanese) showing even better how Sambo skaters programs (boys and girls, novice, junior and senior) are just a copy paste of each other, but of course I can't find it right now.

Just look at Shcherbakova's SPs. How similar are one to another.

Reveal hidden contents

How many times Sambo skaters started their programs with looking around and/or skating backwards?

Had split jump before "lutz"?

Spiral-push before "flip"?

Or this famous high kick-2a that so many skaters catched already.

I would disagree on one point : I found Anna Shcherbakova's Parfum choreo original.

1 minute ago, yuzuangel said:

I am glad it is addressed.

11 minutes ago, SitTwizzle said:

I would disagree on one point : I found Anna Shcherbakova's Parfum choreo original.

She is skating in the middle. Skates to left higher corner (from judges perspective). Then on the curve from left higher corner to judges side to right higher corner -> spiral-2a. From right side to left side/left closer corner -> solo jump -> spin. Left closer corner -> higher right corner -> combo -> spin -> StSq -> spin.

In all 3 programs since 2018.

Just now, Paskud said:

She is skating in the middle. Skates to left higher corner (from judges perspective). Then on the curve from left higher corner to judges side to right higher corner -> spiral-2a. From right side to left side/left closer corner -> solo jump -> spin. Left closer corner -> higher right corner -> combo -> spin -> StSq -> spin.

In all 3 programs since 2018.

Well, some elements in common (probably because she skates them particularly well) don't make "the same program".

7 часов назад, SitTwizzle сказал:

I wish Camila Valieva can have, for the Olympic season, choreos by people who have proven they can imagine something beautiful exalting a "nearly unlimited" skater's talent. I mean, Jeffrey Buttle and Shae-Lynn Bourne, of course.

I think last season's FS was not so bad, this year the program is too busy, but nothing new here. I don't think Eteri's student will go for choreo abroad, but sometimes Averbuch can make a nice program (it can be hit or miss, but at least less leg kicks).