Team Russia

No, because ye knows, Alina Zagitova is not "a high school graduate, one of the titled athletes, a symbol of courage, decency, universal charm and love of all teachers, all coaches, all children", and she is "a former student" (we've never been told she was no more a student?), and how did they know she was too busy if they didn't invite her? After all, they have so many Olympic and World champions in title at hand...

That's a deserving occasion for Eteri Tutberidze to show off her talent at pissing off somebody, without abusing a minor who was her charge or revealing private correspondence.

7 hours ago, Paskud said:

"Do good. Help animals."

rue116ab521b7.jpg

Using her platform for constructive purposes, I see. 

So I looked at those photos of Zhenya raising the flag at Sambo-70 and just thought 'wow, now they've got their grips back on her, they won't be letting her go again' . The whole thing had that energy. I half-expected her to blink Morse code SOSes with her eyelids. 

Also, why do it? Maybe in response to the time Brian put her flag up at TCC? 

5 minutes ago, Paskud said:

Sambo anniversary

Yes I know that's the surface reason. But this is Eteri we're talking about here. There's probably more to it. 

I like the way Kosto's new step sequence is shaping up. Should make for some interesting competitions if what Plush gives her is all that high calibre.

On 9/28/2020 at 6:08 AM, Fay said:

Another round of Russian Sambo drama - Alina Zagitova wasn’t invited to the celebration of Sambo 70 anniversary

On 9/28/2020 at 7:34 AM, Fay said:

Zagitova’s fans are incensed Medvedeva gets to raise the flag. 

wtf? maybe they know drama increases ticket sales or something. yeah, that's gotta be the only explanation...

5 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Yes I know that's the surface reason. But this is Eteri we're talking about here. There's probably more to it. 

I wouldn't think too much into it. Was it on Sunday? It is possible Zhenya was one of the few skaters training on that day and they just asked her to raise the flag while she was there. Judging from her training outfit it didn't look like a special event. 

15 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

I wouldn't think too much into it. Was it on Sunday? It is possible Zhenya was one of the few skaters training on that day and they just asked her to raise the flag while she was there. Judging from her training outfit it didn't look like a special event. 

It was yesterday. Monday morning