Team Russia

2 hours ago, SitTwizzle said:

I have read on a Tsiskaridze fan forum I try to follow (so, I may have misunderstood because of automatic translation) that the skaters programmed for Stage 2 of the Cup of Russia were changed. Do you happen to know more?

do you mean as change of assignments to Cup of Russia stages? Well, for sure some skaters pulled out of second stage, like T/M (since Morozov was recovering form covid) and I guess Zhenya Medvedeva, but they are going to attend later stages. Artur Danielan and S/K were among those who in early September were said were getting treatment for injuries/pain, and I think last update was that S/K were back training and I don't remember announcements about them pulling out of stage2 (then again, I might have lost them in the deluge of updates we got form Russian FS:S). It was just announced Artur WD :/

Plus, Samarin is scheduled for stage 2 too, but he had WD from stage 1, so...idk

Afaik assignments can always change, it also happened other seasons, it's not as strict as, say, GPseries.

16 hours ago, LadyLou said:

and I guess Zhenya Medvedeva

Quoting myself because it looks like she's still scheduled to be at stage2:shrug: I thought she'd try for later stages, to have more time to recover and train...

54 minutes ago, FlyingCamel said:

3A by Alena Zhilina!! Wow...

she is only 10! It’s impressive but I do worry these will negatively affect the health of these young children... :( 

I hope it will not, and their health is very closely monitored. Nevertheless it is in Russia, where maybe medical care is still limited compared with Western Europe (except UK).

2 hours ago, FlyingCamel said:

Yeah, she might withdraw :( It may be a better choice in the long run if it allows her back to heal properly!! Hope she’s okay. 

Oh, thank you! I knew he knew Alexei Mishin and had seen him coaching and discussed with him, but here they are at the Vaganova Academy Museum (Nikolai Tsiskaridze is acting rector of the Vaganova Academy).

But as I don't have an Instagram account, I can only see what I find in a Tsiskaridze fan forum. Or here. :2thumbsup:

10 hours ago, SitTwizzle said:

Oh, thank you! I knew he knew Alexei Mishin and had seen him coaching and discussed with him, but here they are at the Vaganova Academy Museum (Nikolai Tsiskaridze is acting rector of the Vaganova Academy).

But as I don't have an Instagram account, I can only see what I find in a Tsiskaridze fan forum. Or here. :2thumbsup:

I wonder what Tsiskaridze thinks of Mikhail’s Tribute to Nureyev!! I love that program.

6 hours ago, FlyingCamel said:

I wonder what Tsiskaridze thinks of Mikhail’s Tribute to Nureyev!! I love that program.

I don't know what he thinks of it in the absolute, but I kind of guess he finds it better than the so-hyped (but, for the few minutes extracts I have seen, so-boring) Nureyev show/ballet of last year in Bolshoi. :facepalm:

Edit : there was an article in Sports.ru, and from the automatic translation I understand they did speak of his new program. So, I tend to think Nikolay Tsiskaridze must like it. :heartsign:

https://www.sports.ru/figure-skating/1089757826-mishin-i-kolyada-vstretilis-s-cziskaridze.html?from=main-news-fs

Dmitri Rylov

Dear friends! A bad and completely unexpected situation happened in my life. Now in my heart there are mixed emotions with sadness and hope ...
I do not want to delay, and the words do not want to go out of my head ...
The fact is that my mother has progressive covid pneumonia. Because of the situation in the world, I don't think I need to explain to you what it is. For understanding, I will only say that this is a complication of the coronavirus. The only thing that matters to me is her health, and my mother and I really hope for your support. It really is not easy for her now, hospitals are overcrowded, and no one knows how to treat the corona. Now she is in one such hospital on the fifth course of antibiotics. The very fear of the unknown makes itself felt
I ask you very much to support my mother. She did absolutely everything for me in this life and I cannot leave it without at least some attention. You yourself know that sometimes words of support put you on your feet better than any medicine. I very rarely write or post on Instagram, but now I just can't do it any other way.
I sincerely hope that you will support my mom. Without her, I would not even be able to call myself an athlete.

Below will be her page in VK, write words of support there.