General Yuzuru Chat

4 hours ago, TallyT said:

A sneaky part of my brain can't help dreaming that for his first comp, he glides out and treats us all to a vision...

of subdued, demure restraint.  Maybe in duck-egg blue or beige.

Just once, to see how many shrieks he can cause around the FS world before breaking out in the usual bling...:darklordyuzu:

I'm sorry, going without sparkles is the one thing of which I'm 100% sure the boy is incapable...

I'm more with @robin on this. I understand people find the topic fascinating, because I'm not sure how many people like Yuzu are around, but, in the same time, I personally wish we'd stop using labels whatsoever. Does it even really matter how much he's masculine and how much he's feminine? (Plus, in a world that has by now so many different gender identity labels to try to make everyone feel like they belong, limiting all over again to just these two seems like a bit of a step backward.)

My bigger issue - not just with this debate and definitely not just with Yuzu; maybe even less in Yuzu's case - is opinions stated as facts. At the end of the day, we don't know Yuzu and we don't know other people we are fans off. We don't know what their thoughts and feelings are, or, when discussing genders or feminine/masculine aspects of behavior, personality etc., we don't know what exactly they identify as. While I personally also believe Yuzu is very comfortable being male, I also believe it's important to leave room for possibilities beyond personal belief. That doesn't mean I doubt him, it means I don't know him, so can I really say anything about him with 100% certainty? No, I can't. None of us can say anything aside from what our personal impressions and beliefs are. Which may or may not be 100% correct, but we can't know that. I wonder if this makes any sense...

Anyway, my point is, it's best to add an "IMO" even whenever you state anything you are absolutely convinced about Yuzu, to remind also yourself, that that's just what you think and others might think differently. (I believe it's also when people forget to mention that and state personal beliefs as facts that arguments really start.) Whether it's about his masculine/feminine sides, etc. or even about what he might think, feel etc. At the end of the day, the information we work with in these debates is actually pretty limited if you think about it.

On your 'alpha male' discussion: this got brought to my curious cat kinda out of context so my opinion has been stated there but I thought I'd come to read the actual discussion. Just to be clear, having a difference of opinion isn't a personal attack and phrasing things differently doesn't mean I think you are wrong.

but those of you using the term alpha male should know that 1) Human beings as animals, while having similar social hierarchies, do not actually have alphas and such as in the animal kingdom these are often biological and in human societies, those at the top of the hierarchy tend to earn in via non-biological methods. 2) there is a negative connotation as alpha/beta language got co-opted by anti-feminists/misogynists/neo-nazis/incels aka all the neckbeards on reddit and 4chan. Again, in humans there is not a biological alpha or otherwise. This sort of language is typically used my men who think women should be biologically obligated to submit to their wants. Also, to those guys, Yuzuru would never be accepted as an alpha to them. Because he's not some guy that is desperately trying to prove he's a real man all the time.

What you are saying is fine but in English the language you used is an issue because....language is fluid and meanings change and to people in the western world at the very least, the use of 'alpha male' is very tightly connected to the Elliot Rodger types of the world.

Sorry if you had all moved on lmao just thought I'd explain why some people had an issue with what you were saying. 

1 hour ago, KatjaThera said:

I'm more with @robin on this. I understand people find the topic fascinating, because I'm not sure how many people like Yuzu are around, but, in the same time, I personally wish we'd stop using labels whatsoever. Does it even really matter how much he's masculine and how much he's feminine? (Plus, in a world that has by now so many different gender identity labels to try to make everyone feel like they belong, limiting all over again to just these two seems like a bit of a step backward.)

My bigger issue - not just with this debate and definitely not just with Yuzu; maybe even less in Yuzu's case - is opinions stated as facts. At the end of the day, we don't know Yuzu and we don't know other people we are fans off. We don't know what their thoughts and feelings are, or, when discussing genders or feminine/masculine aspects of behavior, personality etc., we don't know what exactly they identify as. While I personally also believe Yuzu is very comfortable being male, I also believe it's important to leave room for possibilities beyond personal belief. That doesn't mean I doubt him, it means I don't know him, so can I really say anything about him with 100% certainty? No, I can't. None of us can say anything aside from what our personal impressions and beliefs are. Which may or may not be 100% correct, but we can't know that. I wonder if this makes any sense...

Anyway, my point is, it's best to add an "IMO" even whenever you state anything you are absolutely convinced about Yuzu, to remind also yourself, that that's just what you think and others might think differently. (I believe it's also when people forget to mention that and state personal beliefs as facts that arguments really start.) Whether it's about his masculine/feminine sides, etc. or even about what he might think, feel etc. At the end of the day, the information we work with in these debates is actually pretty limited if you think about it.

This.

Yuzu has never talked about it, and he has no reason to talk about it, either. Why would it matter in his skating? The really important part is, rigid ideas of gender have not limited his expression and his artistry when he skates. I'm very glad for that. 

As for the criticism he gets for not being 'manly' enough - I don't see why anybody should pay attention to people who think that during a skate, performance of gender stereotypes is more important than the honest and wonderful interpretation of the music and programme. That would be a limitation in an artist, and it's one Yuzu doesn't have. I love him all the more for it. 

2 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

...do it with the women. Imagine the battle between Alina and Evgenia being described in terms more suitable to lions on the African savannah...:english1:

Oh....hmm, I wonder...David Attenborough you don't say? His narration as applied to the six minute warm-up period, yes? Hmm....*has ideas*

As for Yuzu's sexuality, uh, do sparkly figure skating unicorn types have a sexuality?

IMO, if Yuzu has to have one, I would say he's a pan-quadsaxel-sexual, because I need him to be this way to fit with the jump harem ladies universe. Or if we must go based on his costumes, perhaps we could also classify it as sparkl-sexual? Or his lust for gold mdeals as gold-conivasexual?

https://ameblo.jp/0503takaraduka/entry-12386270198.html 

Apologies for opening another topic, but i came across this blog and got reminded of the Nishikawa message project to be sent to Yuzu. (It's actually a fan report on day 3 of FaOI Niigata but they also mentioned the Nishikawa project) 

I tried sending in a message in English and got an automated reply from Yuzu so i suppose non-Nihongo messages will be included? 

And also, to others who sent a message, did the reply you got have Dory!Yuzu pic on it? Because that's the one i got and thank goodness i really like that costume now. 

3 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

So many years together :img_21:

If Yuzu was a fictional character, Pooh would be his animal companion and Kikuchi would be his right hand man or sidekick :LOL:

They would embark on a quest to discover quads with the ultimate goal being to claim the legendary Nessie. And of course, the villain in this story would be the ISU :dry:

21 minutes ago, dotsquare said:

If Yuzu was a fictional character, Pooh would be his animal companion and Kikuchi would be his right hand man or sidekick :LOL:

They would embark on a quest to discover quads with the ultimate goal being to claim the legendary Nessie. And of course, the villain in this story would be the ISU :dry:

And I will be Villager A in Village X.

:knc_brian1: