Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Planet Hanyu

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Featured Replies

Lol I'll have some buttons with me too (and I re-made some of the ones I created for Helsinki). I decided to do the 2015/2016 programs for this batch because, well, those are his programs again. I'll have some of both sets with me at ACI for those that want them, I plan to re-make them once we see the new costume.

 

umE9U0L.jpgtumblr_ongjzguon01tx73bgo1_1280.jpg

 

  • Author
17 minutes ago, kiches said:

Lol I'll have some buttons with me too (and I re-made some of the ones I created for Helsinki). I decided to do the 2015/2016 programs for this batch because, well, those are his programs again. I'll have some of both sets with me at ACI for those that want them, I plan to re-make them once we see the new costume.

 

umE9U0L.jpgtumblr_ongjzguon01tx73bgo1_1280.jpg

 

i love it!! i want all of them! :13877886:

On 9.9.2017 at 9:02 PM, Geo1 said:

 

Welcome @FanYuzuClassic! I will be at ACI as well Looking forward to meeting you. I live in Vancouver. Where does your family live in Canada? How did you first learn about Yuzu?

Hello Geo1, thanks for the message! My family lives in Winnipeg, two of my siblings, their families and my parents. My parents moved to Canada just a year ago, so I might come more often from now on. I also have friends in other Canadian cities and I'd love to explore Canada more, but I don't have much time for traveling. So far I've been to Winnipeg, Toronto, Thornhill, Niagra Falls, Edmonton, Jasper national park, but not Vancouver (it's only my second visit after all)... Montreal is my next destination! :smile:

How did I first learn about Yuzu... I learnt about him at the end of October last year on youtube. Actually I was going through the men's SP performances at 2016 Worlds to check the level of men's figure skating nowadays and the new scoring system, after not following this sport for about 20-25 years... It was not a coincidence that I decided to do it on that day (there is a personal history behind it), but I couldn't even imagine how it would end. There was no place for figure skating in my adult life till that very moment except for winter public skating with my children. And then... Yuzu's Chopin. A masterpiece. It was simply breathtaking! I was overwhelmed! (On a side note, at that time I didn't know what it means to follow his free skate at 2017 Worlds live and be one with the universe...) I couldn't believe that a figure skater can perform the piano music, Chopin in particular (I have special feelings for Chopin, I must admit) so beautifully, all along with amazing skills and techniques, and can evoke so many emotions and memories by a single performance... I had no idea about the history of Yuzu's record scores or who he is, for me it was all about the performance. Then I started to search for more information and other performances and the rest is history. The more I learnt about him, the more I admired him as a skater and as a person. I felt that I needed to see him skate in person, as soon as possible (how it could be different?). Luckily the GPF was in Marseille, tickets were available (vive la France!), so I had no choice. What should I tell - it was a once-in-a-lifetime experience! Same as for many Yuzu's fans who have never thought of becoming a fan, since then I'm a faithful fan of him and of figure skating in general. 

It's such a pity that I don't have time for more fandom-related activities... Being Yuzu's fan is a privilege but it is also a full-time job, isn't it? And I already have two (jobs)... that's why I really appreciate the work of all those passionate and dedicated people who spend lots of their time and provide information, links, translations, fan arts etc. And of course, I'm more than happy to have another opportunity to see Yuzu skate in person and to finally meet other fans. This will be awesome!

I'll stop here, my post is already too long. I'll try not to post often as I have to concentrate on my work (and family) for the next days but I'll certainly read new posts. Thanks in advance for all the updates! See you in Montreal! :clap:

 

 

 

 

Looking forward to meeting some of you at the Autumn Classic.  I was hoping someone would have an extra ticket for Saturday.  I'm willing to pay a premium price for one.  I am traveling from North Carolina and only have a Friday ticket so far.  Very much looking forward to seeing Yuzu!

 

Thank you!

 

9 hours ago, Joann said:

Looking forward to meeting some of you at the Autumn Classic.  I was hoping someone would have an extra ticket for Saturday.  I'm willing to pay a premium price for one.  I am traveling from North Carolina and only have a Friday ticket so far.  Very much looking forward to seeing Yuzu!

 

Thank you!

 

 

I'm the other way around. There are four of us in our group and we have passes for Thursday, September 21 and Saturday, September 23, but no passes for Friday.

 

Are you going to the Thursday practice? There are still passes available for that.

Thanks for letting me know.  I don't fly in until Friday morning so I won't be there for Thursday practice unfortunately.

 

 

23 hours ago, kiches said:

Lol I'll have some buttons with me too (and I re-made some of the ones I created for Helsinki). I decided to do the 2015/2016 programs for this batch because, well, those are his programs again. I'll have some of both sets with me at ACI for those that want them, I plan to re-make them once we see the new costume.

 

umE9U0L.jpgtumblr_ongjzguon01tx73bgo1_1280.jpg

 

These are gorgeous! Are you handing them out or are you selling them? Because I'd definitely buy all of them a few :10636614:

38 minutes ago, suihan said:

These are gorgeous! Are you handing them out or are you selling them? Because I'd definitely buy all of them a few :10636614:

Handing them out :smile:  for free. I'm trying to bring something to give each competition I go to. I started off with some keychains at Skate Canada last year and those turned out okay, but I found the buttons looked better and I could make a lot of varieties. 

 

The story behind it is that during the summer of no news I kept seeing Yuzu fans meeting up at ice shows exchanging little gifts they made. Since I was nervous about how he'd return to competition I wanted to make something to hand out too, to create some good vibes and also show support for him. It also helps distract me from feeling nervous when he competes. 

@kiches is it possible to ask for one of the pins? I want to pin it proudly on my skating bag.

For those who have been to the rink, question:

1) How cold is the rink? What kind of jacket should I prepare? I'm used to commercial rinks in China being warm enough that I can get by with very thin long sleeves or t-shirts when I skate. How cold is a proper competitive rink?

2) How cold/warm is the weather in montreal during this season? Should I bring in any fleece jackets? I was thinking a long sleeve T and jeans should be sufficient with a light jacket, but I could be wrong....

1 hour ago, Xen said:

@kiches is it possible to ask for one of the pins? I want to pin it proudly on my skating bag.

For those who have been to the rink, question:

1) How cold is the rink? What kind of jacket should I prepare? I'm used to commercial rinks in China being warm enough that I can get by with very thin long sleeves or t-shirts when I skate. How cold is a proper competitive rink?

2) How cold/warm is the weather in montreal during this season? Should I bring in any fleece jackets? I was thinking a long sleeve T and jeans should be sufficient with a light jacket, but I could be wrong....

 

I was going ask the exact same questions! :animated-smileys-hands-fingers-01: :mushroom4:

1 hour ago, Xen said:

2) How cold/warm is the weather in montreal during this season? Should I bring in any fleece jackets? I was thinking a long sleeve T and jeans should be sufficient with a light jacket, but I could be wrong....

Depends how used you are to the cold! The temperature forecasted for all three days is 19°C and for me a long sleeve shirt/sweater/hoodie and jeans should be fine! :) Though the temperature will be quite low at night (~12°C) so maybe you'd want to bring extra layers.

1 minute ago, lily said:

Depends how used you are to the cold! The temperature forecasted for all three days is 19°C and for me a long sleeve shirt/sweater/hoodie and jeans should be fine! :) Though the temperature will be quite low at night (~12°C) so maybe you'd want to bring extra layers.

This sounds delightful. I thrive in the cold :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid: 

2 hours ago, Xen said:

@kiches is it possible to ask for one of the pins? I want to pin it proudly on my skating bag.

For those who have been to the rink, question:

1) How cold is the rink? What kind of jacket should I prepare? I'm used to commercial rinks in China being warm enough that I can get by with very thin long sleeves or t-shirts when I skate. How cold is a proper competitive rink?

2) How cold/warm is the weather in montreal during this season? Should I bring in any fleece jackets? I was thinking a long sleeve T and jeans should be sufficient with a light jacket, but I could be wrong....

Hello @kiches

I love your pins. May I ask for one pin when I meet you at the rink of ACI in Montreal.

Hello @ Xen 

For the question about the temperature in the rink side, especially if you take a seat in the first row, near the ice, the temperature is near 0 degre C, like when you are skating on the ice, but you will feel more cold because you are just seating on a wood bench, you don't skate, you don't move.

So you have to be prepared to wear warm clothing when you are inside the rink watching skating. For me I always have my winter coat when I go to the rink for watching skating. The best solution is to have some layers, so you can take out one layer if it is warm.

The temperature outside the rink is different. Right now, the weather in Montreal in September is very nice, around 20 degrees C. We still wear summer clothing to go outside on the streets, maybe with a pull or vest in case we need another layer.

Hope to see you there at the venue Sportsplexe in Montreal.

 

@Xen, @Yuzuextra, and @Vadrouille of course you may have pins!

 

I made a set of 20 of new pins and 10 of the ones from last season, I was expecting the crowds to be at the level they were last year so I wasn't thinking if I'd run out.

 

For me the temperature inside the rink it's similar to the temperature at local rinks since that's basically what this is, it's colder than an arena as you're closer to the ice, but I generally run warm so I didn't have problems being cold in Montreal. If you look at photos of the Sportplexe you see that first row isn't directly next to the ice, so it's not too bad. I would recommend at least a thin jacket because if you stay stationary sitting there for hours (assuming you stay for multiple events and practices), the inactivity of your body probably makes you feel colder than if you were walking around. The wooden benches are not too comfortable for hours of sitting, so try to walk around and stretch when you get the chance.

 

Temperature outdoors you can just check the weather forecast, the 10 day forecast should be available now. Last year it was a bit chilly at night so I would recommend bringing the jacket since men are the last event.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.