Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Planet Hanyu

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Featured Replies

1 minute ago, Valkyria said:

 

This is great. Direct translation from my home to the rink XDD

 

 

 

Maybe if we completely destroy our nerves now we'll be too numb to panic when the Olympics come. Sounds like a strategy.

 

You mean being strait-jacketed and tranquillized to our ears would be helpful? 

3 minutes ago, Fay said:

 

You mean being strait-jacketed and tranquillized to our ears would be helpful? 

 

I have access to horse tranquilizers.

 

I still don't think those would knock us out at that point.

1 minute ago, Hydroblade said:

I feel deceived. It's very hot!! 

Heh it's usually around 15 degrees at this time of the year in Montreal we were all surprised by the July weather

Yes, it is hot from southern Ontario to Quebec. Very nice to actually have summer rather than that mess we got in August. And see, you overseas people, Canada isn't always cold, lol. Just sayin'. So many people think we are cold alllll the time. 

 

So athletes arrive tomorrow? Maybe some today flew in from Asia...  1.5 more days of work for me.... then skating, skating, skating....in my time zone...woot, woot. 

32 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

I feel deceived. It's very hot!! 

Hot and yuzu isnt there yet.... The weekend will be Even hotter in and out oft The rink.

12 minutes ago, liv said:

Yes, it is hot from southern Ontario to Quebec. Very nice to actually have summer rather than that mess we got in August. And see, you overseas people, Canada isn't always cold, lol. Just sayin'. So many people think we are cold alllll the time. 

 

So athletes arrive tomorrow? Maybe some today flew in from Asia...  1.5 more days of work for me.... then skating, skating, skating....in my time zone...woot, woot. 

Oh I think some have already arrived. I got asked if I were competing in ACI, when I mentioned ACI at borders control at the airport yesterday. :dpooh:

The weather is actually hotter than my hometown in southern China, where we actually normally have temperature above 20C until around late October! Right now it's cloudy in my home town with a nice 25 C! Rather than the heat, I'm wondering how to properly pack all my layers into my bags on Thursday. I brought long sleeves, so it seems I'll need to get to the ice rink while the weather is still below 25C and kind of hide inside the arena the entire day....

  • Author
7 minutes ago, Xen said:

Oh I think some have already arrived. I got asked if I were competing in ACI, when I mentioned ACI at borders control at the airport yesterday. :dpooh:

The weather is actually hotter than my hometown in southern China, where we actually normally have temperature above 20C until around late October! Right now it's cloudy in my home town with a nice 25 C! Rather than the heat, I'm wondering how to properly pack all my layers into my bags on Thursday. I brought long sleeves, so it seems I'll need to get to the ice rink while the weather is still below 25C and kind of hide inside the arena the entire day....

Wow, you came a long way! Hope you enjoy your stay in this corner of the world :text-line-smiley-077:

 

PS whenever I used to say I was at a skating competition, people would ask if I was competing... Some of them would sound super excited like "Oh are you a professional figure skater??" So to not bring their hopes up I make sure to say that I am watching a skating competition now :text-line-smiley-073:

hace 43 minutos , yuzuangel said:

Wow, you came a long way! Hope you enjoy your stay in this corner of the world :text-line-smiley-077:

 

PS whenever I used to say I was at a skating competition, people would ask if I was competing... Some of them would sound super excited like "Oh are you a professional figure skater??" So to not bring their hopes up I make sure to say that I am watching a skating competition now :text-line-smiley-073:

Ha ha, at the passport control they asked me the same.

 

I have got The Magnificent Nine movie during my flight. And I have seen a squirrel on my first day in Montreal. Good omens? :laughing:

 

Btw Mai already arrived

 

1 hour ago, yuzuangel said:

Wow, you came a long way! Hope you enjoy your stay in this corner of the world :text-line-smiley-077:

 

PS whenever I used to say I was at a skating competition, people would ask if I was competing... Some of them would sound super excited like "Oh are you a professional figure skater??" So to not bring their hopes up I make sure to say that I am watching a skating competition now :text-line-smiley-073:

LOL they asked me the same. And my mom said "she came to see Yuzuru Hanyu, he's the world champion"

Border lady: "I don't know who that is but nice" 😂

13 minutes ago, Floria said:

Ha ha, at the passport control they asked me the same.

 

I have got The Magnificent Nine movie during my flight. And I have seen a squirrel on my first day in Montreal. Good omens? :laughing:

 

Btw Mai already arrived

 

I saw a ton of squirrels and I almost bought a robin plushie... 

26 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

LOL they asked me the same. And my mom said "she came to see Yuzuru Hanyu, he's the world champion"

Border lady: "I don't know who that is but nice" 😂

I saw a ton of squirrels and I almost bought a robin plushie... 

Getting excited over animals I see in my everyday life, as a Canadian I think y'all cute lol

hace 39 minutos , Hydroblade said:

LOL they asked me the same. And my mom said "she came to see Yuzuru Hanyu, he's the world champion"

Border lady: "I don't know who that is but nice" 😂

I saw a ton of squirrels and I almost bought a robin plushie... 

I want a robin plushie... does they exists?

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.