Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Planet Hanyu

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Featured Replies

4 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

orly

Yep, for me.  It's bigger than him and any one person. That's why the event is so special.  Not to mention I've been watching since I was a child, before Yuzu was even born.  Of course I'm going to go and cheer like hell for him, and I want him to win soooo badly (enough to sacrifice my dream podium picks in any other discipline for the entire season, and even my mens dream podiums, save for Yuzu being on top), but the Olys is supposed to be an experience like nothing else and I want to soak all of that in. 

Omg I didn't get the chance to get my ticket for friday:( I'll try to get one for Saturday:10636614:

 

ETA: got my ticket!!!!:dancingpooh:

1 hour ago, Danibellerika said:

Is it this: https://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2016/6/16/11952302/kindle-sheet-music-gvido  Looks cool! 

Totally understand you gotta make sacrifices though.  After Helsinki I wouldn't have felt the urge to attend Milan. Olympics is a bucket list thing for me and I figured it'd be good to experience it with my favorite skater there, but I'm trying to take in more than that because it's bigger than him. 

 

ACI is too close and too economical not to attend. 

 

Yes, that's the one. http://www.gvido.tokyo/

 It's supposed to be released the same week as the Autumn Classic... with an estimated $ 1,600 or so price tag ex taxes, shipping etc., so I reckon I'm looking at about $ 2,000. *blush*

 

As for attending the Olympics and Milan... The latter was never a point of discussion for me. I have a dozen reasons to want to go to Italy again. 

But the Olympics... it's just the most incredible experience. I went to the 2004 Games in Athens, 1.5 weeks. Experience of a lifetime! Even went to loads of sports I normally wouldn't watch at all, but the enthusiasm of the audience just draws you into the games. 

There is Nothing like it, and watching on telly does NOT compare. Ever. Of course the same could be said about any competition, but The Olympics... there is a special vibe and air there. :heart:

24 minutes ago, Winnie_20 said:

 

Yes, that's the one. http://www.gvido.tokyo/

 It's supposed to be released the same week as the Autumn Classic... with an estimated $ 1,600 or so price tag ex taxes, shipping etc., so I reckon I'm looking at about $ 2,000. *blush*

 

As for attending the Olympics and Milan... The latter was never a point of discussion for me. I have a dozen reasons to want to go to Italy again. 

But the Olympics... it's just the most incredible experience. I went to the 2004 Games in Athens, 1.5 weeks. Experience of a lifetime! Even went to loads of sports I normally wouldn't watch at all, but the enthusiasm of the audience just draws you into the games. 

There is Nothing like it, and watching on telly does NOT compare. Ever. Of course the same could be said about any competition, but The Olympics... there is a special vibe and air there. :heart:

Should have known Japan would be on top of that type of thing. They did bring us the weaboo kindles capable of holding a crap load of manga! That is amazing! I hope you enjoy it! I'm sure you will.  

 

You're making me giddy and excited!:smiley-happy085::smiley-happy085: I remember watching Athens! I'm also going to look forward to other events but I might take a brief stop over in Hong Kong or Japan while I'm in that part of the world. 

 

 

16 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

 

No i haven't yet, there's not many places left so i think i'll have too book them soon! :O

Thank you! :3

 

Yeah i saw that too but i'm not sure if i can trust them i find it a bit risky hahah >.<

Has anyone else experience of buying those tickets?

 

I think i'll wait and see if they're gonna release more tickets or else i'll just go to ACI, since i cant afford both :( It's just that it's kinda far away from where i live, and it'll be the first time i'm traveling alone so i feel kinda anxious and overwhelmed. So that's why im trying to find someone to share a room with >.<

I have so many questions hahah...

Thank you for trying to help me! :')

The practices are on the same rink as competion or a different one? I've heard Sportplexe Pierrefonds has 4 rinks.

 

There are practices on Wednesday but no tickets are sold for these ones. Does anybody know if you can go to see them with All Event ticket? I want to have a look at the venue.

hace 14 minutos , Yuzuextra said:

 

No i haven't yet, there's not many places left so i think i'll have too book them soon! :O

Thank you! :3

 

Yeah i saw that too but i'm not sure if i can trust them i find it a bit risky hahah >.<

Has anyone else experience of buying those tickets?

 

I think i'll wait and see if they're gonna release more tickets or else i'll just go to ACI, since i cant afford both :( It's just that it's kinda far away from where i live, and it'll be the first time i'm traveling alone so i feel kinda anxious and overwhelmed. So that's why im trying to find someone to share a room with >.<

I have so many questions hahah...

Thank you for trying to help me! :')

 

I am also divided between CoR and ACI. So I've made my list of pros and cons:

 

ACI:

+ cheap tickets and I already have them

+ probability of getting gold is almost 100% :fingerscrossed: 

+ costume revelation

+ sightseeing in Montreal 

- expensive and long flight

- no gala

- possiblity of withdrawal is higher since it is not an important competition

 

CoR

+ gala

+ more figure skating stars

+ Yuzu almost certainly attends

- not sure about getting gold since it is the first GS event and we  know what happens usually...And we have Chen there. I don't want to witness another silver :fingerscrossed:.

- I have no tickets so far

- I need Visa

- no sightseeing as I lived half of my life in Moscow.

 

So far I decided to go to ACI. In case of withdrawal I'll possibly try CoR. And we always have Milano, of course.

 

 

1 hour ago, Floria said:

 

I am also divided between CoR and ACI. So I've made my list of pros and cons:

 

ACI:

+ cheap tickets and I already have them

+ probability of getting gold is almost 100% :fingerscrossed: 

+ costume revelation

+ sightseeing in Montreal 

- expensive and long flight

- no gala

- possiblity of withdrawal is higher since it is not an important competition

 

CoR

+ gala

+ more figure skating stars

+ Yuzu almost certainly attends

- not sure about getting gold since it is the first GS event and we  know what happens usually...And we have Chen there. I don't want to witness another silver :fingerscrossed:.

- I have no tickets so far

- I need Visa

- no sightseeing as I lived half of my life in Moscow.

 

So far I decided to go to ACI. In case of withdrawal I'll possibly try CoR. And we always have Milano, of course.

 

 

 

Yes my lists pretty much looks the same. For now i'll probably go with ACI beacuse i have the tickets. But i really wanna see the gala! >.< :(

 

Are you also waiting for more tickets to the CoR??

Please let me know later when you've decided which one you're going to! :)

 

Yes milano is definitely a must for me! Although i really wanna go to the olympics and GPF too :(

Being a yuzu fan is so hard both emotionally and financially hahah xD

 

On 6/27/2017 at 8:26 PM, Hydroblade said:

Haha well like lily said, seats aren't numbered :P and i can certainly get by with my level of japanese :10636614:

 

I was thinking that Yuzu is so used to hearing Japanese female fans screaming at him in Japanese that he is more likely to respond to you if you called to him in English and/or Spanish. :smile:

9 minutes ago, Geo1 said:

 

I was thinking that Yuzu is so used to hearing Japanese female fans screaming at him in Japanese that he is more likely to respond to you if you called to him in English and/or Spanish. :smile:

:O that's a good point. And maybe he would understand, he must have heard Javi cheering for someone :biggrin:

Just now, Hydroblade said:

I feel incredibly blessed tbh

 

Please pray for me and, more importantly, my bank account. TT_TT

49 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

:O that's a good point. And maybe he would understand, he must have heard Javi cheering for someone :biggrin:

 

Yuzu definitely knows how to cheer in Spanish. You must have heard him screaming, "Vamos Javi!"

 

One time I know he did this was in the Kiss & Cry following his short program at the 2015-16 Grand Prix Final in Barcelona while waiting for his scores, when he called out to cheer Javi who skated after him.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.