Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Planet Hanyu

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Featured Replies

11 minutes ago, MrPudding said:

 

A lil something to prepare your heart if you guys do see this happening :10636614: 

 

Ah, yes!  That was 2 years ago in Barrie - getting ready for the debut of Seimei.  The Montreal rink doesn't have the same set-up (& doesn't have the gym in view of the audience).  On the plus side, there are more seats & the sightlines for the ice are better - & Montreal is a beautiful city.  I didn't see Yuzuru doing this out in the open in Montreal, but even if this isn't on offer, there will be plenty of wonderful things.

On 7/5/2017 at 3:42 AM, MrPudding said:

 

A lil something to prepare your heart if you guys do see this happening :10636614: 

I can't even imagine seeing this!

I love how everyone has to walk around him because he's so in the zone. 

But, I can't believe they walk by without glancing back at him!

6 minutes ago, Strawberry said:

2017 Autumn Classic International

https://skatecanada.ca/event/2017-autumn-classic-international/

 

Tickets for the 2017 Autumn Classic International will go on sale Thursday, July 13, at 10:00 a.m. (ET). Please note that there is no reserved seating. Seats are on a first-come, first-serve basis. All tickets are FINAL SALE.

 

 Schedule change 

8l0Szb0.png

 

(Q&A) 

O52Qnvl.png

Thank you!

I know you guys have reassured me but i'm still scared that i won't be able to get tickets hahaha. 

So reading the site junior and senior ladies begin practice Wednesday. Last year I think senior ladies began practice Thursday and men were the last to practice before the competition officially began in the afternoon. Curious if men will practice first or last again on Thursday as it'll probably mean I'll need to get on an earlier flight to arrive in montreal that morning.

Do they have a special wheelchair seating area? Did anyone notice where people in wheelchairs were placed last year? What about the people accompanying the person in the wheelchair – were they able to sit with the person in the wheelchair or separately in the benches? I sent an email to Skate Canada regarding this, but have not received a satisfactory reply.

1 hour ago, Geo1 said:

Do they have a special wheelchair seating area? Did anyone notice where people in wheelchairs were placed last year? What about the people accompanying the person in the wheelchair – were they able to sit with the person in the wheelchair or separately in the benches? I sent an email to Skate Canada regarding this, but have not received a satisfactory reply.

I suggest you contact Sportplexe Pierrefonds to ask about their accessibility.

 

Website:  sportplexe.ca

email:  [email protected]

phone:  1-877-333-2757

8 hours ago, Upnights said:

I suggest you contact Sportplexe Pierrefonds to ask about their accessibility.

 

Website:  sportplexe.ca

email:  [email protected]

phone:  1-877-333-2757

 

Thanks for the suggestion! :smile:

14 hours ago, Geo1 said:

Do they have a special wheelchair seating area? Did anyone notice where people in wheelchairs were placed last year? What about the people accompanying the person in the wheelchair – were they able to sit with the person in the wheelchair or separately in the benches? I sent an email to Skate Canada regarding this, but have not received a satisfactory reply.

There was only bleacher seating from what I remember, but the back of the bleachers has enough space for wheelchairs I think. I don't think there was a ramp down the steps of the bleachers though. 

For reference on the seating it's pretty much this:

 

img_0209.jpg

1 hour ago, kiches said:

There was only bleacher seating from what I remember, but the back of the bleachers has enough space for wheelchairs I think. I don't think there was a ramp down the steps of the bleachers though. 

 

Thanks, kiches, for the info! I have sent an email to Sportplexe Pierrefonds as suggested by Upnights.

 

Do they have elevators that would provide access to the area behind the bleachers?

 

I was thinking that they might be putting wheelchair spectators somewhere on the ground level behind the protective glass. From what I have seen from your picture and all the videos from last year (including yours), it does not look like an ideal venue for people in wheelchairs.

  • Author
3 hours ago, Geo1 said:

 

Thanks, kiches, for the info! I have sent an email to Sportplexe Pierrefonds as suggested by Upnights.

 

Do they have elevators that would provide access to the area behind the bleachers?

 

I was thinking that they might be putting wheelchair spectators somewhere on the ground level behind the protective glass. From what I have seen from your picture and all the videos from last year (including yours), it does not look like an ideal venue for people in wheelchairs.

 

Eek, that would not be very good for visibility! haha. Well, I'm probably gonna be there, so if you need any help moving up and down the bleachers, just send me a message, it's a small venue so it hopefully won't be that hard to find each other :0005:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.