Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Planet Hanyu

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Featured Replies

12 minutes ago, kiches said:

He did receive congratulations from the referree, Jean Senft, for landing the first quad loop - I think she just shook his hand (there's a video of it somewhere). He did also land the loop for Hope & Legacy but had a bit of a fumble with the flip, 4S combo, and the final lutz.

 

Where was this meeting room with the see-through glass? I must've missed this :sadPooh:.

 

This meeting room is on the second floor, just in front of the entrance of the ice rink where is the competition.

It is also near the area for restaurants and rest area.

There is more than one such meeting room.

I think that you can have a view of this room in the website of Sportsplexe of Pierrefonds, in the link for a visual visit in the building.

Also, when he exited the meeting room, many fans waited for him around the staircase to go downstairs.

All of this took place while there was also Skating competition on the ice, so maybe you have missed it if you stayed inside the ice rink for competition.

 

 

 

 

3 hours ago, Vadrouille said:

This meeting room is on the second floor, just in front of the entrance of the ice rink where is the competition.

It is also near the area for restaurants and rest area.

There is more than one such meeting room.

I think that you can have a view of this room in the website of Sportsplexe of Pierrefonds, in the link for a visual visit in the building.

Also, when he exited the meeting room, many fans waited for him around the staircase to go downstairs.

All of this took place while there was also Skating competition on the ice, so maybe you have missed it if you stayed inside the ice rink for competition.

 

 

 

 

Ah I may have been watching other events. I did take a break at the Tim Hortons as well for a while so could've happened there. I know I saw some rooms but most of them had frosted glass. 

3 hours ago, kiches said:

Ah I may have been watching other events. I did take a break at the Tim Hortons as well for a while so could've happened there. I know I saw some rooms but most of them had frosted glass. 

You maybe right about frosted glass, but mixed with transparent glass also. Anyway, it was a treat to the fans. I passed by on my way between the ice rink where there was competition still going on or practice I don't remembered. Then I noticed many fans standing in front of the conference room and looking at something or someone. I decided to have a look myself and understand the situation. There is Yuzuru in his training gears, with his entourage, his mother, some media people from Japan also.

The particularity of Autumn Classics is that during 3 days, there are always activities on the ice in the 2 ice rinks reserved for competitions and practices, from 8:00 AM in the morning to 10:00 PM in the evening. So it makes a very long day for skating fans who want to watch many things. It is nice to take a break, have a coffee or a meal at the restaurant nearby, just next to the ice rink. 

29 minutes ago, Vadrouille said:

You maybe right about frosted glass, but mixed with transparent glass also. Anyway, it was a treat to the fans. I passed by on my way between the ice rink where there was competition still going on or practice I don't remembered. Then I noticed many fans standing in front of the conference room and looking at something or someone. I decided to have a look myself and understand the situation. There is Yuzuru in his training gears, with his entourage, his mother, some media people from Japan also.

The particularity of Autumn Classics is that during 3 days, there are always activities on the ice in the 2 ice rinks reserved for competitions and practices, from 8:00 AM in the morning to 10:00 PM in the evening. So it makes a very long day for skating fans who want to watch many things. It is nice to take a break, have a coffee or a meal at the restaurant nearby, just next to the ice rink. 

Yes it can be exhausting, which was why I recommended renting a car if you can. You can nap in it or drive back to your hotel for a short time. I was definitely starting to nod off for some parts of the competition (sorry junior skaters!). 

Question for anyone who has been to that arena, is there a skating pro shop inside or nearby the rink? Ever since I let people at my local rink know that I would fly to Canada, I've been asked to see if I could bring some blades back for people. I'm also thinking of looking at boots, since there are a lot of brands that are not easily found in China. The city I live in now, we have no pro shop- I flew halfway across the country for a skate fitting.

 

Is anyone else bringing skates? Assuming there are no hiccups with my visa etc, any skating tehniques geek or nerd, please avoid me, else I might machine gun talk you  into exhaustion over the lovely jumps of Mai and Yuzu. Never been to a live competition before, so I'll be very hyper (with jetlag).

 

 

 

Anybody have checked eventbrite.ca? There are still no Autumn Classic link. Or they will create the event exactly at 10 a.m. tomorrow? After what happened with Rostelecom tickets I am startig to feel really anxious, because it is a small venue.

No link for eventbrite yet. I assume they'll post one or it'll be active at 10 AM. 

 

I can't remember if there was a skate shop on the first floor or not (or if it was opened when the competition was happening). @Xen you may just want to contact the Sportsplexe to see what they recommend if you're looking for blades, but I didn't notice anything on their website. 

Hi!

Do we know for sure that yuzu will be competing? 

I don't think i've seen any official announcement? Is there any link for that? :)

 

2 hours ago, Yuzuextra said:

Hi!

Do we know for sure that yuzu will be competing? 

I don't think i've seen any official announcement? Is there any link for that? :)

 

 

All I can remember is the news from Japan. I think the official entries will be announced in August.

Was last year's Autumn Classic International sold out? Looking at the videos from last year, it doesn't appear sold out.

 

The reason I'm asking is because I cannot commit to going yet so I will not be in a position to purchase tickets online as soon as they go on sale. If I do go, there will be three or four of us in our party.

Just now, Geo1 said:

Was last year's Autumn Classic International sold out? Looking at the videos from last year, it doesn't appear sold out.

 

The reason I'm asking is because I cannot commit to going yet so I will not be in a position to purchase tickets online as soon as they go on sale. If I do go, there will be three or four of us in our party.

 

There was no on-line sale for previous years, only box office at the arena so it cannot really tell whether it was sold out or not. But I doubt it would really been sold out as some people would stand at the back as well so basically entrance was guaranteed for everybody. Not sure whether they would put on a limit for online sale of this year tho.

19 hours ago, Xen said:

Question for anyone who has been to that arena, is there a skating pro shop inside or nearby the rink? Ever since I let people at my local rink know that I would fly to Canada, I've been asked to see if I could bring some blades back for people. I'm also thinking of looking at boots, since there are a lot of brands that are not easily found in China. The city I live in now, we have no pro shop- I flew halfway across the country for a skate fitting.

 

Is anyone else bringing skates? Assuming there are no hiccups with my visa etc, any skating tehniques geek or nerd, please avoid me, else I might machine gun talk you  into exhaustion over the lovely jumps of Mai and Yuzu. Never been to a live competition before, so I'll be very hyper (with jetlag).

 

 

 

I don't know if there is any pro shop for blades and boots for figure skating at Sportplex arena.

I don't know if there is any shop for skating in this area either.

But I know some shops I am familiar with to buy boots and blades and sharpening the blades.

They are quite far from the arena, but if you have time and a car, maybe you can go to look for boots and blades.

You can send them an email for information, at

[email protected]

and

[email protected]

Artiste du Patin is a shop in Brossard, Quebec

Boutique du Patinage Plus is in Laval, Quebec.

Good luck for you.

4 hours ago, Elaine said:

 

There was no on-line sale for previous years, only box office at the arena so it cannot really tell whether it was sold out or not. But I doubt it would really been sold out as some people would stand at the back as well so basically entrance was guaranteed for everybody. Not sure whether they would put on a limit for online sale of this year tho.

 

Thank you! :thanks:

6 hours ago, Elaine said:

 

All I can remember is the news from Japan. I think the official entries will be announced in August.

 

Yeah i've also seen that but does that mean it's decided? Cause i don't wanna buy tickets and later find out that he isn't going :(

 

 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.