General Yuzuru Chat

Looks like he's competing!! (barring any last minute disaster)

Wondering if his programs are going to be decided more last minute? I could understand if he decides not to debut a new SP this year at nationals given its an Olympic year (reusing Tenchi is a no brainer though).  HOWEVER, given all the apparent effort and passion he has for Rondo I how he does debut it (fingers crossed!!!)

Yuzu's favorite photo: with Mami Yamada & Tsuzuki :tumblr_inline_n18qr7hmfk1qid2nw:

OMG only a few more days ...I can't wait to see Yuzu skate again after such a long time.:heart:
I'm looking forward to his new SP and of course to see TenChi again.:heartpound:

Why do I suddenly feel so much excitement?:panic:

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].

I'm excited. I really want to see him skating. And I hope he recovered fully.  :cri:

And I'm afraid. There will be a lot of news in very early hours in Russia. Goodbye my dreams until the end of December. I will survive. And I have New year performance in my skating school on the same time with FS Hanyu. :tumblr_inline_ncmifiE3IT1rpglid::14066882:

Sorry for offtop, just too emotional last days. :sadPooh:

5小时前, KendallKlaire说:

Wondering if his programs are going to be decided more last minute? I could understand if he decides not to debut a new SP this year at nationals given its an Olympic year (reusing Tenchi is a no brainer though).  HOWEVER, given all the apparent effort and passion he has for Rondo I how he does debut it (fingers crossed!!!)

I am thinking about this as well. His program still undecided. If he debuts Rondo, he probably only has JNat and Olympic Group before Olympic Individual (but I guess it's still quite doable considering how LMEY went last year). If not Rondo, what else could it be? To me the most likely one is Otonal, which scored around or beyond 110 several times. But he may feel uncomfortable to reuse Otonal given "its not his own program" and the memories associated with the 19 WC and GPF loss.  If it is LMEY again, I think it will be an upgraded (more difficult) version, e.g. 4T+3T in the second half (but it would be extremely hard for such a rock piece).     

5 hours ago, KendallKlaire said:

Looks like he's competing!! (barring any last minute disaster)

I'm looking forward to his programs, choreos and costumes the most. Rondo debut would be wonderful, but I take anything.

I must have rewatched JNats TenChi more than 300 times since last year. That program has a very special place in my heart. It gave me so much joy and energy to dive into it and discover new details after every replay. I really hope that we will see it again in full bloom :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

I'm also curious about the EX program. In Sochi and Pyeongchang he used swan-themed music pieces in the gala. Maybe he'll continue that pattern and use another piece about a swan or bird? It would be beautiful for sure :10636614:

EDIT

@jier About LMEY: Yuzu cares a lot about musical phrasing and the current music cut of LMEY has no section in the second half where a jump combination would match the phrasing and rhythm of the piece. So I don't think, that's very likely.

The best-fitting upgrade - musically - would be a replacement of the 4T+3T by a 4F+3T combo. But I don't know how comfortable he is with the 4F after the injury.

1小时前, Henni147说:

About LMEY: Yuzu cares a lot about musical phrasing and the current music cut of LMEY has no section in the second half where a jump combination would match the phrasing and rhythm of the piece. So I don't think, that's very likely.

The best-fitting upgrade - musically - would be a replacement of the 4T+3T by a 4F+3T combo. But I don't know how comfortable he is with the 4F after the injury.

I agree. So I bet the best case for Yuzu probably is still to debut Rondo. We will know in two or three days! So excited!