General Yuzuru Chat

Betrayed by a plushie!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILnSW7YNc70

This seems to date back to end of 2014.

Once Yuzuru Hanyu said he loved tomatoes but was betrayed once, a burger seeming to contain tomato, and containing red pepper instead.

In this video he is really harassed by a plush mascot, I really felt uneasy. What forbearance and strength!

He clearly forgave plushies for this treason. And they were already "marrying" him. Not even with Pooh-san! :snbleh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqP_v6wFwoI

This one seems rather recent : a few days before the lockdown? He had already said he liked this sort of rice with raw egg. And he specifies these eggs are local. I suppose Sendai people know the restaurant he is in and may attend in numbers, but at the moment it is probably closed...

37 minutes ago, Fay said:

Actually, Brian never said Evgenia was going to the Worlds. I listened! 

it's a mistake on the olympic site,they posted a brief resume of the interview at that link quoted by @Pika,but it's not there anymore ,but I swear I read it.

ETA sorry it's still there LOL 

At the Four Continents Championships in February, one of Hanyu's other coaches, Ghislain Briand, suggested the skater might attempt the quad Axel at the World Championships scheduled for March.

However, those Championships never took place, being cancelled in the week leading up to its original start date.

Orser paid tribute to his skaters who were due to compete in the event, including Hanyu, Cha Jun-hwan, Evgenia Medvedeva, Jason Brown, and others.

8 hours ago, monchan said:

Satomi Ito posted pieces of her costume design. Haru-chan and Ori-chan included

F YEAH!

For everybody:

Spoiler

Yuzuru Hanyu - exhibition 2018-2019

yuzuru-hanyu-of-japan-performs-in-the-ga

Marin Honda - short program 2016-2017

marin-honda-of-japan-competes-in-the-lad

Evgenia Medvedeva - free program 2019-2020

evgenia-medvedeva-competes-in-the-ladies

Mariko Kihara - short program 2016-2017

mariko-kihara-of-japan-competes-in-the-l

Haruka Imai - free program 2015-2016

HarukaIMAI6796.jpg

Yuka Nagai - free program 2017-2018

yuka-nagai-december-23-2018-figure-skati

Rika Kihira - free program 2017-2018

rika-kihira-of-japan-competes-in-the-jun

Yura Matsuda - free program 2018-2019

yura-matsuda-of-japan-competes-on-day-tw

Marin Honda - free program 2018-2019

marin-honda-of-japan-competes-in-the-lad

Yuna Shiraiwa - short program 2017-2018

yuna-shiraiwa-of-japan-competes-in-the-l

Marin Honda - free program 2019-2020

marin-honda-of-japan-performs-her-routin

Satoko Miyahara - exhibition 2016

satoko-miyahara-of-japan-performs-her-ro

Yuzuru Hanyu - free program 2019-2020

yuzuru-hanyu-of-japan-performs-in-the-me

Wakaba Higuchi - free program 2019-2020

wakaba-higuchi-of-japan-performs-her-rou

Haruka Imai - short program 2015-2016

barrie-canada-14th-oct-2015-haruka-imai-

Marin Honda - free program 2016-2017

marin-honda-of-japan-competes-in-the-jun

Marin Honda - short program 2018-2020

marin-honda-of-japan-performs-her-routin

8 hours ago, Pika said:

Wow that plot twist, Evgenia was going to Worlds ! 0:)

im actually surprised and curious as to what drove rusfed to this decision. even with sasha's inconsistency last season, she was still a stronger contender for worlds and never missed the podium even when she bombed (assuming they gave the spots to anna, alena, and zhenya) while zhenya didn't even make it to grand prix final. also, i thought zhenya said she was going to debut as a commentator for worlds? maybe i misread it? 

---

omgosh i dont think i'm ready for yuzu with bigger muscle, his physique was already a little different since origin 2.0

Brian talking about how proud he was of Yuzu at Pyeongchang in that interview. And that smile when the clip of Javi and Yuzu on the Olympic podium was up.  <3<3<3  

I say it all the time but Brian Orser is such a dad. It's so nice hearing him talk about all his 'kids'. So positive.

Also, he was so gracious and nice about Yagudin. It takes a very good heart to have kind things to say about someone who is openly homophobic and rags on one of your students for fun. 

58 minutes ago, makebelieveup said:

im actually surprised and curious as to what drove rusfed to this decision. even with sasha's inconsistency last season, she was still a stronger contender for worlds and never missed the podium even when she bombed (assuming they gave the spots to anna, alena, and zhenya) while zhenya didn't even make it to grand prix final. also, i thought zhenya said she was going to debut as a commentator for worlds? maybe i misread it? 

---

omgosh i dont think i'm ready for yuzu with bigger muscle, his physique was already a little different since origin 2.0

I doubt Evgenia was going, I’m assuming it’s a mistake on the article! After all we’ve seen Trusova post her full 5-quad runthrough of her FS on her instagram

5 hours ago, FlyingCamel said:

Hey what does this say?

TV Asahi Ch2 is going to re-broadcast MwW on May 3rd, from 15:00 JST. 

They will also air past WTTs from May 1st. WTT 2015 will be aired on May 3rd, sandwiching MwW. WTT 2017 will be aired on May 4th.

https://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/ch/contents/sports/0455/

WTT2015 Men's Singles--May 3, 10:15-13:55

WTT2015 Pairs SP--May 3, 13:55-15:00

Music with Wings--May 3, 15:00-

WTT2015 Ladies' Singles--May 3, 22:30-May 4, 02:05

WTT2015 Pairs FS and Ice Dance--May 4, 02:05-05:10

WTT2015 EX--May 4, 05:10-08:00

WTT2017 Pairs--May 4, 08:00-10:50

WTT2017 Men's Singles--May 4, 10:50-15:00

WTT2017 Ladies' Singles--May 4, 20:00-24:00

WTT2017 Ice Dance--May 5, 00:00-02:30

WTT2017 EX--May 5, 02:30-05:5

6 hours ago, memae said:

heBrianan talking about how proud he was of Yuzu at Pyeongchang in that interview. And that smile when the clip of Javi and Yuzu on the Olympic podium was up.  <3<3<3   

I say it all the time but Brian Orser is such a dad. It's so nice hearing him talk about all his 'kids'. So positive.

Also, he was so gracious and nice about Yagudin. It takes a very good heart to have kind things to say about someone who is openly homophobic and rags on one of your students for fun. 

They toured together, so he prob knows Yags the person a bit and who knows what that Interaction was like. 

14 hours ago, Fay said:

Actually, Brian never said Evgenia was going to the Worlds. I listened! 

I know, I was being ironic about the mistake in the article, as mercedes said, LOL

9 hours ago, makebelieveup said:

OMG, my little joke went too far it seems... :happy0007: Rusfed made no decision, I was just being sarcastic on what appeared to be an error on the resume of the interview. (+ the fact that, was one of the 3AAA not able to make it to Montreal, 1. we would have known 4 days before the event, 2. Liza was 1st sub)

Then a friend of mine pointed out that maybe Zhenya was headed to Montreal for the Awards thing, or as you said, to be a commentator, but in both cases, the phrasing was misleading, and a bit fun ;)