General Yuzuru Chat

Some how I always think Yuzu will be a great scientist/researcher if he wants to. From some of the documentaries, Yuzu seems into academic/research works related to figure skating. I would love to read his scientific research paper (if he ever writes one) about how to break that barrier for skater to jump 4a or quint. 

He already has qualities needed to be a great politician. Charismatic, hard working, goal oriented, dependable, and the most important thing is he actually genuinely care about his people and his country. He has been like that for a decade, that means those are his true personality, not just PR. He lacks experience right now but still very very young. 

If he become a coach , i bet Russia and China would want him to coach their athletes. Politics is inevitable as much as i want him to stay pure. But i think yuzu isn't as naive as it seems. Just like when montreal was officially postponed and everyone was so angry at isu because of how slow they were, he didnt forget to thank isu, so i think he's a guy who know not to burn bridges. And also his message about covid was so different than other athletes, he was already positioning himself as leader when he delivered that message. :space:

Lol we already discuss his future post retirement career, king yuzuru please drop some content 🤣

OT, but a funny thing:

I noticed on the main page of the forum that the most people who have ever been online here at the same time was 30,939! Which happened on 05/01/2019 in the small hours of the morning, Canadian time zones, so afternoon in Japan. (For reference, the forum has 5336 registered members right now, so less, then. Right now there are about 300 people here, including guests.)

I was wondering, what on Earth would have happened in Yuzu-land to have 30k people on the forum at the same time? On May 1, 2019, a random date with no competitions? I went back through the General Chat and nothing was happening. FaOI hadn't started, so that wasn't it. Then I remembered there was more than one way to read a date! It was January 5, 2019. :D

What monumental event happened on January 5, 2019, to draw thirty thousand people to Planet Hanyu at once?

Spoiler

Mystery solved! It was every awake fan and Japanese journalist scrambling for the first photo of HealthyReturnToPracticeZu + Habi. The boys are back :68468287:

57 minutes ago, fyere0 said:

OT, but a funny thing:

I noticed on the main page of the forum that the most people who have ever been online here at the same time was 30,939! Which happened on 05/01/2019 in the small hours of the morning, Canadian time zones, so afternoon in Japan. (For reference, the forum has 5336 registered members right now, so less, then. Right now there are about 300 people here, including guests.)

I was wondering, what on Earth would have happened in Yuzu-land to have 30k people on the forum at the same time? On May 1, 2019, a random date with no competitions? I went back through the General Chat and nothing was happening. FaOI hadn't started, so that wasn't it. Then I remembered there was more than one way to read a date! It was January 5, 2019. :D

What monumental event happened on January 5, 2019, to draw thirty thousand people to Planet Hanyu at once?

Hide contents

Mystery solved! It was every awake fan and Japanese journalist scrambling for the first photo of HealthyReturnToPracticeZu + Habi. The boys are back :68468287:

LOL! i think the visitor count is so high because we sometimes get tens of thousands of bots crawling our site at once. we used to reset it back to 0 so that it wouldn't be just a fake number, but it happened so often that we gave up lol

6 hours ago, Dreamer said:

The Chinese admire beauty and excellence, even if it is not from one of their own.  That explains their love for Yuzuru, and why they embrace him.  This is also how Dimash Kudaibergen became a world star, he sang on a professional singer competition as a relative unknown outside his own country.  The Chinese also embraced him for his excellence and helped launch his international career.  Talent and brilliance have no boundaries!!!

That appreciation of beauty, brilliance, talent and excellence was expressed in these poetic and complementary comments following the FS at PyeongChang and 2019 Worlds.

CCTV coverage of Yuzu’s FS at PyeongChang with English subs:

https://streamable.com/l3j0y

CCTV comments following Yuzu’s FS at 2019 Worlds with English subs:

This video is a very complementary coverage by CCTV (with English subs) of Yuzu winning the Olympic gold at PyeongChang:

I found and watched an English dubbed version of that Chinese movie Ne Zha - the one where Yuzu was used for inspiration for one of the characters? Two thoughts:

- boy, they made the character in question veeeerrrrrry beautiful. I approve :10636614:

- someone ought to use the official soundtrack (which I can't find online so just from listening in the movie itself) as a skating program. Not sure Yuzu would, he's more likely to choose a Japanese one, but someone should. The music is great!

1 hour ago, TallyT said:

I found and watched an English dubbed version of that Chinese movie Ne Zha - the one where Yuzu was used for inspiration for one of the characters? Two thoughts:

- boy, they made the character in question veeeerrrrrry beautiful. I approve :10636614:

- someone ought to use the official soundtrack (which I can't find online so just from listening in the movie itself) as a skating program. Not sure Yuzu would, he's more likely to choose a Japanese one, but someone should. The music is great!

Spoiler

Oh Ao Bing right? I agree they draw beautifully:)). 

Lmao the film got English dub? Can u give me the link? I saw it in the cinema their original voices are peculiar. I cant imagine ancient Chinese characters speak English how it would sound:))

2 hours ago, monchan said:
  Hide contents

Oh Ao Bing right? I agree they draw beautifully:)). 

Lmao the film got English dub? Can u give me the link? I saw it in the cinema their original voices are peculiar. I cant imagine ancient Chinese characters speak English how it would sound:))

I found two copes on youtube, neither perfect, but together they did me :)

The first is complete

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ck3zGOUO6lo

The second is better quality but missing quite a chunk - 20 minutes! at the start. All of Ao Bing's parts in it it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZPkiHpjMfA

14 hours ago, Fay said:

Yuzu’s best jumps of the season. 

Great compilation. It's so pleasing to watch his jumps, they're perfect.

3 hours ago, monchan said:

New magazine: Figure skate magazine 19-20 season highlight, released 18 May.

Don't know if there's interview. Prob expect too much as he just gave interview to Ice Jewels but these days there's really nothing else to anticipate :deadinside:

Maybe no new interview, but some extracts from 4CC press conference? This magazine usually has transcrips of his interviews from competitions.

4 hours ago, TallyT said:

Yes the character is very beautiful BUT not as much as the real Yuzuru Hanyu. It would take a G.O.A.T. in animation I suppose. ;-) Yuzuru Hanyu looks really like a beautiful anime character in some of his expressions, but when he moves his features he is more beautiful. That's the "magic". (And then sometimes he has "murder faces" too.)

Thank you for the anime by the way, I wonder if it is commercially available in Europe.