General Yuzuru Chat

For me, this #1 spot is sweet, not because it means he is the current best or anything, but because it is the result of his efforts to stay healthy and persevere. After 2 years cut short by injuries, he could finally do a full season (as much as was possible) and, regardless of the context, it feels like a reward for his perseverance. Remember his shaking at NHK? How stressful it must have been? He pushed through, carefully. So no matter what people think of the ranking system and its worth, it's a poetic win in my book. 

15 hours ago, FlyingCamel said:

I’m so sorry to hear of your situation, I hope everything gets better soon!! **virtual hug** 
I keep replaying Yuzu’s video message as well, it was actually the first corona message that made me cry...

Anyway here are some things that help me find my “inner Yuzu” that you are talking about, which is something all of us need especially in a time like this!!

In this video, what he says at the 2:59 mark:

This fanmade video:

And of course his comebacks in the sport itself! Him winning Worlds 2017 after being 5th in the short programme, I think if I were in his position I would have lost almost all hope of winning yet he managed to have that amazing free skate. And of course, winning the 2018 Olympics when it seemed like almost everything was against him: his devastating ankle injury and not winning his previous competitions in the 17/18 season. 

Thank you:img_20:, these are some really good recommendations for finding "inner Yuzu":smiley-love017:.

I really like his interviews with Matsuoka Shuzo, I think they have a great dynamic, but I forgot this interview......his determination, that strength, that's so incredibly inspiring.

Olympic Seimei is exactly for this reason the perfect skate for me. Maybe not the most perfect in terms of clean skating, but emotionally, for me, it is THE program.

That's why I watched it in a loop, it really helped me a lot to get closer to my "inner Yuzu".:meditationf:

9 hours ago, Fay said:

Hey, Yuzu is No 1 in the World Standings again

http://www.isuresults.com/ws/ws/wsmen.htm

rightly so...but he was already number one for us :heart::81:

5 hours ago, Henni147 said:

Honestly speaking. When +90% of every official press conference is yours, you are definitely the most dominant skater.  :ummm:

And Yuzuru Hanyu hasn't missed any medalists' press conference since NHK 2014. Just saying. :goat:

really if you think about it ,apart for NHK 2014 he never finished outside of the podium,who else can claim doing that?

And i love that even when he got silver,the press is all about him.....he's not only the most dominant he's in a league on his own.

1 hour ago, Veveco said:

For me, this #1 spot is sweet, not because it means he is the current best or anything, but because it is the result of his efforts to stay healthy and persevere. After 2 years cut short by injuries, he could finally do a full season (as much as was possible) and, regardless of the context, it feels like a reward for his perseverance. Remember his shaking at NHK? How stressful it must have been? He pushed through, carefully. So no matter what people think of the ranking system and its worth, it's a poetic win in my book. 

Totally agree with you. I am so happy that he's on the top again.

He worked hard this season. With all the crazy competition schedules (flying back and forth constantly among europe, japan and canada), he pushed himself and did not get injuries. He even trains for 4a in the season.

He deserves this #1 spot so much. 

And, as others mention, he will stay on top for this season due to the point lead. And, I'm even more happy about that.

8 hours ago, Henni147 said:

Honestly speaking. When +90% of every official press conference is yours, you are definitely the most dominant skater.  :ummm:

And Yuzuru Hanyu hasn't missed any medalists' press conference since NHK 2014. Just saying. :goat:

Yuzu hasn't been lower than silver since NHK 2014 - and given the circumstances there, it was hardly surprising. That is longer than nearly all IJS skaters' whole international careers.

2 minutes ago, makebelieveup said:

lol wait but like what happened? 

Phil Hersh had a hissy fit about the former No. 1 having had to miss competitions due to his studies at an Ivy League college and so falling in the ranks. 
I can’t remember him raising a racket over Yuzuru missing out on competitions due to injuries and finding himself lower than Mikhail Kolyada.