General Yuzuru Chat

Watching Pyeongchang FS. 

I always forget how lovely Patrick Chan's skating was to watch until I'm watching it. There's something about how he's able to do such a slow moving program and really just have every moment so beautifully stretched out. Yuzu's skating skills are where my heart's at, but he always brings some sort of fire or electricity to his competitive programs. I don't for a second think he's not capable of skating a program like Chan's Hallelujah but there's something very enchanting about how fluid, serene, and something  Chan's skating is in a way that we don't get to see from Yuzu very often - at least not for a whole program. I also don't think Yuzu could get away with it in the way Patrick could in terms of levels and GOE. I think if he went for a less-is-more kind of elegance the judges and/or tech panel would make it unfairly cost him (like with the backwards crossrolls). 

Anyway, his turn now! Goodness knows how many times I've seen Olympic Seimei by now but no matter, there's always room for one more. 

7 hours ago, CiONTUw4A said:

I must confess, as a young man who would inspire Greek and Renaissance sculptors (and being older than Ganymede, would be safe from Zeus, but not knowing the age of the former's potential brother Tithonus at his abduction, maybe not from Eos), I rather see Jun-hwan Cha.

Yuzuru Hanyu was proposed as an Elf in Tolkien's world, I rather agree there.

Yeah, two years ago,  I woke up at an ungodly hour (as almost always to get to watch Yuzuru!), turned on the tablet and was getting nervous wondering if and how the live stream would work, a live stream of Sendai TV,  from which  I couldnt understand a single word. For the first time in my life I watched a parade, and more so in a place half way around the world, and stayed glued to the screen to witness something I swear if  someone 5 years earlier (so called pre-Sochi era) would have told me I would do so, I would have loughted  my heart out!

31 minutes ago, IULIANA said:

Yeah, two years ago,  I woke up at an ungodly hour (as almost always to get to watch Yuzuru!), turned on the tablet and was getting nervous wondering if and how the live stream would work, a live stream of Sendai TV,  from which  I couldnt understand a single word. For the first time in my life I watched a parade, and more so in a place half way around the world, and stayed glued to the screen to witness something I swear if  someone 5 years earlier (so called pre-Sochi era) would have told me I would do so, I would have loughted  my heart out!

Yeah, thousands watched a dude wave his hands on top of a truck for an hour. Nothing else happened! And we all got up to watch just that!