General Yuzuru Chat

17 hours ago, SuzyQ said:

We cannot see any stream of Skate Canada via Youtube or Dailymotion in Japan (maybe due to some restrictions by f***ing TV Asahi  :gaah:)

Actually I watched Skate America by uploaded videos of Russian broadcasts via Youtube some time later, and Spanish ones even later.  TV Asahi aired it later at some ridiculous hours (of course a digest).  I have almost given up to see GPS live, but please pray for me that I can find a way somewhere, guys :matrix: 

I WANT TO WATCH PRACTICES !!!

Do you have links to the YT vids of SkAm? I signed up for Viaplay as they bought the rights in Norway, but was utterly disgusted at the sound quality of the archived vids. My tv app doesn't support the archive, so I have to watch it through the app on my phone via Chromecast, and you could barely hear the music of the skaters at the gala. I had to give up after 5 skaters, and didn't get to see Kazuki, Kaori, and Jason!

Luckily the plan is to get up in the middle of the night and watch the men live at SkCan, so the sound won't be an issue then, but I am getting a VPN and getting rid of Viaplay, that's for sure!

I watched Skate America on YT live, Chromecast to my TV, but even then the sound was hit or miss, so I'm not sure if it is worse on the video replays. The audience sound was too loud and the music kept on going in and out or changing volume. Also, the sound was much lower on YT than it is usually, so it may be a problem with the broadcast. Hopefully, they will iron out the issues before SC, especially the lack of a score box for some skates and the long wait for the scores. I'm not very "emotionally invested" in SA, so that was okay, but SC on the other hand...

22 hours ago, Muralla17 said:

Teledeporte Spain channel will broadcast it (surprisingly) if that helps you.

Hola VPN service works quite nicely too. I watch last russian test using it and it was ok. 

Hope it thelps.

Anyone can provide info about practices broadcasting please?

Thank u!

21 hours ago, Muralla17 said:

And, can you please tell us the url and practices timetable? I have hola! :sign0009:

:offtopic2:

Sorry to butt in, but you really shouldn't be using Hola. They're quite shady. 

First of all, Hola isn't a vpn, it's a proxy. A vpn usually has different servers and when you connect to them, your traffic is routed through those servers, that's how a vpn should work. In Hola's case, there are no specific servers owned by Hola itself. Instead each user is used as a Node in the network. This means that Hola redirects your traffic through other Hola users networks and in turn their traffic through your network. For instance, if anyone downloads a torrent or does some shady activity and all that traffic passes through your network; copyright authorities and other agencies will trace it back to you. So they're basically setting up a botnet. They also sell free users bandwidth and log a lot of information, which is never a good thing. This article explains it a bit better in layman terms: https://www.vectra.ai/blogpost/technical-analysis-of-hola

I have little faith in the company that runs Hola. They say they have fixed this but honestly i doubt it, and so does a lot of others. Even if you disregard these vulnerabilities, Hola is still not the best in the business. This is a very comprehensive review of Hola as a whole that i find pretty accurate, so i would advice you to check it out: https://thebestvpn.com/reviews/hola-vpn/

I usually use paid VPNs (mainly nordvpn but currently i'm using protonvpn since i wanted to test out another option. Nordvpn is defintiely the better of the two, but they're a  bit pricey unless you choose a longer subscription plan) since they're the most secure and offer unlimited 'data', so i can't really recommend a free one. I do know that protonvpn is offering a 7 day trial on their premium service if you download their free version right now though so that could be an option (they also as i mentioned do have a free version which is supposed to be pretty good, although speed differs a bit depending on what country/continent you choose a server from. I found that europe servers works the best for me, but this might be because i'm in europe). All i have to say is that i really would not use Hola if i were you. 

Edit: Just asked a friend of mine and he says that Windscribe is a good free option, so besides protonvpn maybe try them? 

Thank you guys :thanks:

Although I'm not an IT friendly person at all, I'll try my best.  I'll check about VPN.

Up to last season, I could find Russian or Chinese site, although they were far from stable.

At the worst, I'll wait for the broadcasting by f***ing TV Asahi :P 

Maybe I should not complain.  Old figure skating fans like me in Japan could have chances to watch figure skating on TV including the Nationals and NHK only once generally (not live usually), and if we missed it, almost no chance to watch it again.  Because we could not expect rebroadcasting as FS was (still is?) a minor sport, and not so many had recording equipment personally at that time.  Now we have 3 types of broadcasting and so many FS programs especially on TV Asahi 2 (CS channel).  

Now we can expect to find videos somewhere, but ironically, I feel I'm missing something to watch all the time :chase: 

7 hours ago, Ladysci said:

I watched Skate America on YT live, Chromecast to my TV, but even then the sound was hit or miss, so I'm not sure if it is worse on the video replays. The audience sound was too loud and the music kept on going in and out or changing volume. Also, the sound was much lower on YT than it is usually, so it may be a problem with the broadcast. Hopefully, they will iron out the issues before SC, especially the lack of a score box for some skates and the long wait for the scores. I'm not very "emotionally invested" in SA, so that was okay, but SC on the other hand...

I agree I think it was a problem on their side because here was the same (we were also commneting on this in the Skate America thread that we expected a bit more from a location like Las Vegas),hopefully they'll fix it.

Can you imagine Goledn ear Yuzuru and that terrible terrible sound equipement ?

5 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

Aww this is so nice....chances of them picking up the award together are zero but it would be very nice!