3. 322.40 (NHK 2015)

4. 321.59 (Worlds 2017)

5. 317.85 (Olympics 2018)

6. 303.71 (4CC 2017)

7. 301.06 (NHK 2016)

8. 300.97 (Worlds 2019)

9. 297.12 (Finland GP 2019)

10. 295.17 (Worlds 2016)

EDIT: And this was his first GP this season. Get that.

not gonna lie seeing Ted Barton's inner fanyu that he's kept suppressed for so long come out was one of the highlights of the competition

well, other than Yuzu's monster skates, that is. 

now he has to win it another time so that his number of SCI golds can catch up to his number of Olympic golds :laughing:

34 minutes ago, yuzupon said:

^ "Torches"

*wheezes*

now getting mental images of a maniacal, pyromaniac Yuzu. guess we could call it a song of ice and fire

8 minutes ago, Salior said:

Was Yuzu the first skater to land 4T-eu-3S and 4T-eu-3F? 

Aye. 4T+1Eu+3S with negative GOE at WTT 2017, but it counts as a first nevertheless.

A few funfacts about this table:

1. Yuzu leads this list now with a jump that doesn't include a 4Lz. Sadly it's his only jump in this list.

2. His combo is the only element completed in the second half and with raw GOE above 4.

3. Only 5 of the 20 jumps were landed after the introduction of the +/-5 system and you have to scroll down quite a lot to find the other four.

1 hour ago, shanshani said:

not gonna lie seeing Ted Barton's inner fanyu that he's kept suppressed for so long come out was one of the highlights of the competition

well, other than Yuzu's monster skates, that is. 

now he has to win it another time so that his number of SCI golds can catch up to his number of Olympic golds :laughing:

now getting mental images of a maniacal, pyromaniac Yuzu. guess we could call it a song of ice and fire

:xD:

https://olympics.nbcsports.com/2019/10/27/yuzuru-hanyu-wins-skate-canada/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

So I didn't intend to post at all (because I feel ashamed that I basically am now a part time swanyu who can only catch comps because LIFE), but someone tell me if NBC is really at it again or whether I'm just being sensitive? 

"Hanyu prevailed over a field lacking any of the other top-10 skaters from last season" (that's like normally the case for the early part of the GP though??)

"The two-time Olympic champion, with four quadruple jumps in his free skate en route to 322.59 total points, only upped anticipation for showdowns with American Nathan Chen to come later this season." (Because clearly they had to pull the attention back where it belongs)

"Meanwhile, the American Chen ascended to win the last two world titles, outscoring Hanyu in their last three head-to-head programs dating to the 2018 Olympic free skate" 

Nothing they wrote is false, but its the subtle spin on the language choices? Or maybe this is all perfectly reasonable and I'm just being sensitive but for some reason in reacting strongly to this article...

They're trying to build up the Chen vs Hanyu rivalry to get a bigger audience. It helps them make money. 

That said, they didn't need to make it sound like an easy win. It was, of course, but 322 is very close to the score that won Nate WC19. Making it sound like Yuzu had no competition so winning was a breeze but then going on to leave out any contextual information about how good that score is was poor of them. 

22 minutes ago, OonsieHui said:

https://olympics.nbcsports.com/2019/10/27/yuzuru-hanyu-wins-skate-canada/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

So I didn't intend to post at all (because I feel ashamed that I basically am now a part time swanyu who can only catch comps because LIFE), but someone tell me if NBC is really at it again or whether I'm just being sensitive? 

NBC has always been low and obnoxious and click-bait, what's new? Nah, that's NOT random, they've been like that alllll the times. Just ignore it :winky:

21 minutes ago, OonsieHui said:

"Hanyu prevailed over a field lacking any of the other top-10 skaters from last season" (that's like normally the case for the early part of the GP though??)

"The two-time Olympic champion, with four quadruple jumps in his free skate en route to 322.59 total points, only upped anticipation for showdowns with American Nathan Chen to come later this season." (Because clearly they had to pull the attention back where it belongs)

"Meanwhile, the American Chen ascended to win the last two world titles, outscoring Hanyu in their last three head-to-head programs dating to the 2018 Olympic free skate" 

Nothing they wrote is false, but its the subtle spin on the language choices? Or maybe this is all perfectly reasonable and I'm just being sensitive but for some reason in reacting strongly to this article...

Given how not popular FS is in the US, they have to try to promote Nathan as much as possible, to try to spark an interest, even if the chances of it working are slim to none. Honestly, it'd be stupid of them not to try, although they could try to look less desperate.

I think articles that aren't factually wrong or rather that aren't telling lies about Yuzu should just be ignored. Roll your eyes and move on :nod2: Yuzu's going to do his thing regardless of what US media - or any media - writes.