General Yuzuru Chat

15 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

Folks Skate Canada men's practice sessions are on the Planet calendar now, so we don't have to get time zone conversions wrong for it. :D It'll be Yuzu time soon!

Ugh, I'm already nervous! I don't really know how I'm feeling: :665e343793b9:or :panic:lol

One thing for sure, I'm really happy that we'll be seeing him again soon. :bunny-smiley:

Yuzu as torch-bearer?  He almost certainly will carry it at some point, most probably while it's passing through Sendai.  Another time he might be carrying it would be in the opening ceremonies when the torch enters the stadium and is usually then passed to someone else to circle the field and then hand it to the one who will light the main torch.  Unless he's competing this time, I think the most likely person to light the main torch will be Kohei Uchimura.  If Kohei's competing then who might light the main torch is very much up in the air as far as my knowledge goes.  A fitting symbolism might be made by having Yuzu be the one handing the torch to Kohei,  a symbolism of winter handing the flame over to summer.  I think, though, since the Tokyo games are much less than a year away we might want to open a thread for Tokyo.  All in all I think we can count on there being some kind of role for Yuzu in the torch proceedings.  He is by far the best known winter athlete from Japan, both in Japan and around the world and the videos of him carrying the torch will be the videos most foreign broadcasters likely would choose when doing a story on the movement of the torch through Japan.