General Yuzuru Chat

16 minutes ago, andchipzz said:

Uuuuh this is very confusing indeed. I think a lot of it came from financial capacity of the fed. I read about it somewhere that the subsidy for JSF is not actually that big. Worse is the fact that Japan judge tend to score their own athletes (like Rika and Yuzu on the last comp) lower than the average score given by judges of the same competition. And it is very question mark, because usually there is a national bias, right? 

eh...that's not really true. Japanese judges are better than your average federation's judges, but many of them are still pro-JPN biased. You can read about it here:

1 minute ago, shanshani said:

eh...that's not really true. Japanese judges are better than your average federation's judges, but many of them are still pro-JPN biased. You can read about it here:

Oh, then it must be me hoping that JPN judge will nudge some JPN skaters score a little bit higher (when I read the protocol). :13877886:

2 minutes ago, andchipzz said:

Oh, then it must be me hoping that JPN judge will nudge some JPN skaters score a little bit higher (when I read the protocol). :13877886:

depends on the judge really. Japan's judges overall are less egregious than some other countries, and some are even genuinely unbiased (or at least not pro-JPN biased), but there's definitely biased Japanese judges too

4 minutes ago, andchipzz said:

This is like Yuzu being unintentionally sexy. And people like this is always sexier than those who is obviously forcing themselves to look sexy. :1497158260_5GOE: for this tag.

Random celebrity: takes all clothes off and poses for Playboy.

Fans:

Yuzu: wears a top with deep V-neck.

Fans: OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :10742290::10742290::10742290::10742290::10742290:

13 minutes ago, Lunna said:

That's why I don't care much that Japan for WC will have it's judge only for ID, then rus judge and us judge are of course in all disciplines.

I especially am not worried at all about Hanyu for WC. If he successfully raise his BV and skate clean, he will definitely win even if there is potential of underscoring. Meanwhile, if he is not immediately implementing jump with high BVs, I definitely think it is because he has character development and would prefer to take things slow to avoid injuring himself (again). It will be better if he can give the best performance his condition allow him, rather than he forces himself and regret it like what happened in Boston 2016.

Even if it is not good to think about what ifs, I think the potential score that Yuzuru would have gotten looking back at results from WC 2019, and the historical achievements of the same program from comp previous to WC 2019, if Yuzuru successfully perform all elements cleanly for both programs (GPF 2015 level of clean), he would have won without needing to raise the BV actually (with small margin of course).

9 hours ago, KatjaThera said:

That article in the tweet also mentions that he wrote a song for/inspired by Yuzu. I had no idea about that... but the song seems really hard to find, too (I found it on Apple music, but as I don't do Apple, I'm not sure it'd be downloadable after paying or if you can only listen on iTunes... I'll be looking into it later.) I admit, with them actually being friends, I'm even more curious about the song that I would normally be lol They seem to be cute and spastic and a tiny bit awkward - perhaps because of cameras, too lol - together... it's quite adorable :knc_yuzu2:

You can listen to the song in this MAD or in this news clip, although in the former the song is mixed with Yuzu's program music and applause from the audience, and in the latter, the sound quality is so low...

Rest is some info about the song for anyone else interested:
The title of the song is "documentary." and it was released right before the individual events at Sochi. According to an interview, Sasshi had never expected to be friends with an Olympian. After becoming friends with Yuzu, Sasshi found it a rare experience to get to know his friend more or to learn about their struggle through TV and thought about writing a song about Yuzu working toward competing at Olympics, hoping to encourage everyone living their life struggling, working hard even if their success isn't guaranteed.

According to Sasshi, he and Yuzu both are the kind of people who take time to open up to someone they have just met. They both tend to get immersed in their hobbies. (Sasshi is a railroad otaku and Yuzu is an earphone otaku) When Sasshi sends one of his songs to Yuzu, Yuzu would respond to it with a looong letter describing his impressions as if he were a music journalist.

Here is Sasshi's blog post about the song which includes the lyrics.

23 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

Random celebrity: takes all clothes off and poses for Playboy.

Fans:

Yuzu: wears a top with deep V-neck.

Fans: OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :10742290::10742290::10742290::10742290::10742290:

IT CANNOT BE HELPED! 

He is sexier than 99.9% idols! But he is only sexy when his picture is taken candidly.
His posed picture is always so stiff for me. Why. 

25 minutes ago, shanshani said:

depends on the judge really. Japan's judges overall are less egregious than some other countries, and some are even genuinely unbiased (or at least not pro-JPN biased), but there's definitely biased Japanese judges too

In that sense, the Japanese federation is not systematically trying to actively make their athlete wins through this way. 

6 hours ago, andchipzz said:

Actually I didn't expect him to have such a positive experience about Hanyu. He strikes me as very neutral (or more the chasing sensational story just like any other reporter out there, in lack of more flattering word). So it is a very nice surprise I think, that he personally feels that ways about Yuzu. 

Scott's been commentating sports for CBC since I was a tot. He's usually very calm and measured, doesn't get into the hype that some sportscasters do. And of course all the commentators have the job of trying to make their coverage exciting so they say silly things sometimes. But Scott's always been genuine on-air, so if he's saying that about Yuzu, it's his real feelings.

16 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Scott's been commentating sports for CBC since I was a tot. He's usually very calm and measured, doesn't get into the hype that some sportscasters do. And of course all the commentators have the job of trying to make their coverage exciting so they say silly things sometimes. But Scott's always been genuine on-air, so if he's saying that about Yuzu, it's his real feelings.

Since he is the person who has watched figure skating since Salt Lake City 2002 rink side, then it means it is very very valid opinion too. 

45 minutes ago, sweetwater said:

You can listen to the song in this MAD or in this news clip, although in the former the song is mixed with Yuzu's program music and applause from the audience, and in the latter, the sound quality is so low...

Rest is some info about the song for anyone else interested:
The title of the song is "documentary." and it was released right before the individual events at Sochi. According to an interview, Sasshi had never expected to be friends with an Olympian. After becoming friends with Yuzu, Sasshi found it a rare experience to get to know his friend more or to learn about their struggle through TV and thought about writing a song about Yuzu working toward competing at Olympics, hoping to encourage everyone living their life struggling, working hard even if their success isn't guaranteed.

According to Sasshi, he and Yuzu both are the kind of people who take time to open up to someone they have just met. They both tend to get immersed in their hobbies. (Sasshi is a railroad otaku and Yuzu is an earphone otaku) When Sasshi sends one of his songs to Yuzu, Yuzu would respond to it with a looong letter describing his impressions as if he were a music journalist.

Here is Sasshi's blog post about the song which includes the lyrics.

Definitely imagining how many pages of essay Yuzuru will write to Sasshi about the new songs. 
"I think it is definitely better if you add this lala lala lala." "This duru duru duru will evoke warmer feeling." Etc. etc. 

4 hours ago, andchipzz said:

Definitely imagining how many pages of essay Yuzuru will write to Sasshi about the new songs. 
"I think it is definitely better if you add this lala lala lala." "This duru duru duru will evoke warmer feeling." Etc. etc. 

immagine someone trust you so much to send you his brand new music....feedback can't possibly be just yeah cool bro LOL

Yuzuru must know this and as usual shows the respect ....also he seems to genuinely love music.