General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, tafattsbarn said:

The way he continues to be a symbol of strength and perserverance to people affected by adverse situations is incredible. I hope everyone in the damaged areas manages to recover effectively with time and resources invested :tumblr_inline_nhkf04zUM41qid2nw: 

Wow, the fact they're talking about him as if he were almost a kami protecting rice fields from 'above'... really striking.

Guys. At this point in time, this will be Yuzuru's 3rd Olympic cycle. He has won 2 OGM, 2 WGM, 4 GPF Gold. He is in a good trajectory right now it seems, and improving LEAPS and BOUNDS. His improvement every cycle and his fight against all injury trauma and challenges and new generations also new rules, it really shows incomparable grit and determination. I think, at this aspect he has surpassed all the Greats of Figure Skating. 

He once said, iirc, that he hates when people praise him by saying that "You've done your best." etc after he loses because it makes him feel like that is all he has, he wants people to believe that he can still give more, that he can still produce better. I want to support that feeling, so I am going to stop saying things such as that he should stop before he destroy his body etc. etc., because, today, he has shown that he still has it. I was not convinced at ACI, but I trust him and have confidence in him. I have decided that I don't want to be a fan with entitlement upon his person, but I want to be his supporter. 

11 minutes ago, monchan said:

You can literally FEEL the music with his movement: The flow, the intensity, the beat...

This is incredible! How did Yuzu do that? HOW?

He's not on the ice but still has this flow, this speed and this smoothness. :knc_yuzu1:

This tells me that Yuzu is also an absolutely fantastic dancer to be able to move like this on dry ground. He keeps surprising and astonishing me again and again. I didn't know that he can dance like this on dry ground. :worship:

(accidentally posted in the wrong thread so here's something else to share) 

For the "We Love Yuzu from xxx" banners, I've compiled everyone's designs into one folder here for easy browsing. I think we've agreed that everyone's free to print their favourite designs. 

You can find the original thread here

tqyrdu.png 

Hope this is ok. I don't mind changing the flags for my own designs, let me know if you'd like to put your own flags in. 

For designers, let me know if you'd like to share your psd files or change to google drive, reason I used this is because I don't have a lot of space on my drive. 

1 hour ago, Yuzurella said:

This tells me that Yuzu is also an absolutely fantastic dancer to be able to move like this on dry ground. He keeps surprising and astonishing me again and again. I didn't know that he can dance like this on dry ground.

For someone like Yuzu there is no great difference between ice and just plain terra firma.  His talent lies in his ability to move, whether it be skating, diving, dancing, gymnastics.  Had Yuzu been taller and begun training at the relatively same age he would have been a world class ballet dancer.  Had his physique been more muscular, like Shoma's, he'd have made a great gymnast.  Yuzu's ability to move and remember his moves qualifies him for any number of controlled movement activities.  It's just that skating was lucky to be his choice for which all of us can be thankful.