General Yuzuru Chat

30 minutes ago, Lunna said:

I vote for Timberlake - SexyBack :devilYuzu:

No, please, I hate Timberlake! (his music, not him as a person, obviously) There are surely other cool, sexy songs out there...

But I'm all for a Yuzu-Stephane duet!!! Oh, what if a future CiONTU had collaborations as a theme? Yuzu collaborating with each guest and the guests collaborating with each other, too. Could be really fun and interesting! (Yuzu, if you're reading, take notes please :P )

20 minutes ago, Lunna said:

Totally different county but same story :smiley-laughing021: from childhood I remember Abba, Boney M, Felchita, Queen.... Daddy Cool, yeah :laughing:

You remember Abba from your childhood! I was dancing to them in a three piece suit with flared pants and platform shoes at discos à la John Travolta under a glittering disco ball and strobe lights!

Только что, KatjaThera сказал:

No, please, I hate Timberlake! (his music, not him as a person, obviously) There are surely other cool, sexy songs out there...

But I'm all for a Yuzu-Stephane duet!!! Oh, what if a future CiONTU had collaborations as a theme? Yuzu collaborating with each guest and the guests collaborating with each other, too. Could be really fun and interesting! (Yuzu, if you're reading, take notes please :P )

Never was a fan of Timberlake but the song just came to mind :laughing:

I'm all in for collabs! And definitely for Stephane at CWW2 (and CWW2 world tour please :P don't wanna suffer from lotteries)

3 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

So, now that we've all convinced ourselves that it's going to be a recycled programs season, and resigned ourselves to it, and talked ourselves into thinking it's a good idea, and psyched ourselves up for another round of Origin... Watch Yuzu do something completely different, just to raise the troll level. 

You know he would! 

Lol, are you tying to bring us back to the start line?  

I see that no media day has driven us bonkers :10814716:

5 hours ago, WinForPooh said:

And imagine the strategic value! Yuzu keeps getting the short end of the stick because he doesn't get the last skate. Well, imagine ANYBODY skating after this. Commentators will try to wax poetic about whatever, and judges will try to do their thing, but the only thing in everybody's heads will be Ra-Ra-Rasputin, Russia's greatest love machine. It's impossible to get it out. The rest of the last group can skate to the most uplifting arias with the most heavenly voices and it won't matter. It'll all be Ra-Ra-Rasputin.

And now if I sing Rasputin tomorrow all day long I’ll know how to thank... that song is that powerful.:13877886:

13 hours ago, FoliHanyu said:

Hi All,

I'm a new fan of Hanyu and been captivated by his undying effort to skate in Cup China LP in 2014, via You tube.

He's been my constant reminder, how to live passionately, like no tomorrow. I wanted to watch him live before he retires.. at least once. 

Cheers! 

hi welcome among us:agree:

5 hours ago, shanshani said:

I had to Google this and what did I just watch

I feel like I've lost my innocence

boney m were glorious...I just love they way they moved and danced...and the song was fun!I wasn't really aware ot the true meaning but it was fun to sing along for a kid...

1 hour ago, WinForPooh said:

A collab with Stephane Lambiel, for an ice show. Please!

Or ISU could stop being cowards and allow same sex pairs/ID.

I don't think I'd survive that...but what a dream!

38 minutes ago, Geo1 said:

You remember Abba from your childhood! I was dancing to them in a three piece suit with flared pants and platform shoes at discos à la John Travolta under a glittering disco ball and strobe lights!

that's the spirit!

If yuzu wants to troll can i suggest you sexy thing by hot -chococlate?even the bnd name fits like  a glove:happy0007:

Sorry i forgot who suggested I'm going slightly Mad by  Queen:I love that song and it would be perfect.

20 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

yes. he is. so trying to guess what he's going to do is a fool's game. 

but very fun. 4A/4Lz, 4Lo, StSeq, 4S, Ch. Sq, 4T-3A, anyone? 

The ISU Jump Auction - The History

Plushy 2010: What's wrong with you guys?! Where are the quads?!

Patrick 2010: I do two 4T's in my free and one in the short. Is that okay?

Reynolds 2010: I bid two quads in the short.

Mroz 2011: I can offer a 4Lz.

Javi 2012: I bid three quads in the free.

Reynolds 2013: Five quads in one competition.

Javi 2014: I bid five quads with better GOE.

Boyang 2015: I go for six quads in one competition and 4Lz in combo with positive GOE.

Shoma 2016: I bid a quad Flip.

Yuzu 2016: Quad Loop everyone.

Nathan 2017: Five quads in a free program.

Yuzu 2017: Three quads in the second half.

Nathan 2018: Okay, I bid six quads in the free, folks.

Patrick 2018: Sorry, I bow out, guys.

ISU 2018: Things start to escalate. We have to change the rules...

Yuzu 2018: 4T+3A sequence in the second half.

Javi 2019: Yeah, I think it's time to say bye bye.

Shoma 2019: I bid 3A+4T combo! Not in competition yet, but I go for it.

Yuzu 2019: Well, then I go for the 4A and now seriously.

Shoma 2019: Oh, and I work on a quint.

Yuzu 2019: You know what? I'll go for all six types of quads. Think about a quint, too, if you don't stop provoking me. Sigh.

TBC

The past few pages remind me of our conversations that we usually have before media day when we all go a bit crazy because of the anticipation, except that this time there was no media day :laughing: I think we have been really patient so far, only a few days left until ACI!

So, the fluff thread is now open (and we also have the official stream :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:), come and join us here:

1 hour ago, Henni147 said:

Boyang 2015: I go for six quads in one competition and 4Lz in combo with positive GOE.

Yuzu 2019: You know what? I'll go for all six types of quads. Think about a quint, too, if you don't stop provoking me. Sigh.

TBC

Very interesting, especially to see how many people have taken part in upping the ante -- with Yuzu concentrating more on new elements than driving up the numbers. Of course now he appears to have said "WTF, if that's the way the game is played, I'll just go for the nuclear option (all 6, probably with a goal of landing them all in a single competition)." But what I take away from this history is that the blame (or credit) for the escalation is widely shared. Many satellites probably already knew that, but I learned something. Thank you!

27 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

TBC

boys... :facepalm:

Finally, someone has transformed Hanyu into Ashura Kannon, my absolute favorite Ashura sculpture in Kofukuji Temple, Nara - a National Treasure.  The artist acknowledges that this sculpture was indeed the inspiration.

The Ashura has the most beautiful expression of compassion, with two other heads revealing different aspects of human emotions.  I visited this sculpture as a child, with my mother, and have revisited it many times ever since.  Its serene expression has never ceased to amaze me.  I hope many PH Satellites will have the opportunity to visit Kofukuji Temple and view this masterpiece in person!  So glad Yuzu can serve as a gateway for many people to discover this gem of Buddhist artwork.  

阿修羅像 興福寺

Ashura Kannon at Kofukuji Temple, Nara

3hhMSCT.jpg'

3CTjMkv.jpg

4FkKsQF.jpg