General Yuzuru Chat

Hi All,

I'm a new fan of Hanyu and been captivated by his undying effort to skate in Cup China LP in 2014, via You tube.

He's been my constant reminder, how to live passionately, like no tomorrow. I wanted to watch him live before he retires.. at least once. 

Cheers! 

46 minutes ago, FoliHanyu said:

Hi All,

I'm a new fan of Hanyu and been captivated by his undying effort to skate in Cup China LP in 2014, via You tube.

He's been my constant reminder, how to live passionately, like no tomorrow. I wanted to watch him live before he retires.. at least once. 

Cheers! 

Hi there, welcome to the planet :8122685:

Nice time to join us, just before the madness really starts with ACI :hihi:

1 hour ago, FoliHanyu said:

Hi All,

Cheers! 

Welcome!  He really is so worth it... :201111231756430f6:

11 hours ago, LadyLou said:

Yeah Origin still has a lot of room to grow and the tech challenge might make a familiar program better (tho he has been able in the past to overcome injury and up tech with new programs). And, Origin was likely THE program where Yuzuru wanted to fullfill another of his childhood dreams...

I might agree with Yuzuru that Otonal wasn't perfected...Even COR, I felt the section before the combo still needed a bit of smoothing out. Though for sure I'd say it was perfected at...99%. 98% if I am stingy :biggrin:

we thought Ballade had been perfected too...but Yuzuru thought otherwise:xD:

The twizzle after the 3A in Otonal. I think it can be a real program highlight, if Yuzu accelerates more with the music and holds it about two seconds longer, so that the twizzle finishes right on the note (as he did beautifully in Notte Stellata):

Otonal SP (COR 2018) - Twizzle

Maybe it's physically too demanding before the big quad combo, but if there's anyone in the skating world, who can do it - it's Yuzu.

10 часов назад, Paskud сказал:
  Показать контент

I'm almost sure Azusa is keeping both programs from last season. I don't think there is any regulation about recycling.:think:

BTW I can't understand this "he is (re)introducing jumps so he will recycle" argument. After Boston he wasn't in the greatest state both mentally and physically and this absolute madman was able to bring 4lo, 4s3t, 2 quads 2 axel combos in second part of program, super hard super fast LGC, H&L that demanded from him to all the time keep in check his posture and lines. And Notte Stellata that is another very demanding, very hard program, tho not competitive. And while 16/17 season wasn't easy at all, it wouldn't be that much unexpected from him to do something crazy again. Plus he seems to be in much, much better condition than back then.

He needed 4Lo back then cuz it put less burden on his foot and 4T was limited for a long time, also it seems like he decided to leave Seimei till Olys. It's hard to compare situations cuz for sure more injuries didn't make anything easier. Or maybe he remembers how hard it was back then with new programs and jumps. Hope we'll get at least some interviews after first competition.

4 hours ago, FoliHanyu said:

Hi All,

Cheers! 

Welcome! It's always great to have new satellites. I hope you get to see him live very soon. It is an amazing experience. In addition to competitions, seeing him in ice shows is also on my bucket list. Looks like "Yuzu" will be a major line item in my household budget for the foreseeable future. (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

:9::dancingpooh:

5 hours ago, Glory said:

I have a quick question :)

does anyone know if Skatecanada will make live streaming available for the US this year like they did last year?  Us poor Americans need to watch Yuzuru too! 

If they don't, I plan to get an international VPN, which allows you to get an IP address from different countries, including Canada. The various tech sites that review stuff like that have plenty of articles on how such VPNs work and which ones are good. Some are free (although I'm willing to pay a small fee to get the best features, if necessary). Other satellites may have more detailed tips on this subject, based on their own experience.

8 hours ago, WinForPooh said:

(If you want to multi-quote, click on the + symbol to the left of 'Quote', then scroll on to the next comment you want to quote and click on the + again, and when you have covered all comments you want to quote, click on the floating 'Quote x post' box that will have appeared. If you simply want to tag a satellite, @ and then type the beginning of their username, and their name should pop up, click that and they'll get a mention notification, like so @Toni. There's no option to delete a comment once published, but you can hide it by clicking options and choosing hide. Before publishing a comment, you could always select all and delete everything in the new comment box and start over if you want to. This will get rid of quote boxes and spoilers as well. You can also get rid of quote boxes by hitting backspace. For eg for this post, if I go to the open bracket right at the beginning of the comment and hit backspace a couple of times, the entire part where your comment is quoted will be deleted. ) 

Ohh, thank you so much!

To be completely honest, there is a part of me that will be a bit disappointed if he recycles both programs, especially as I'm traveling halfway around the world to see him again. But that's mostly because I want to see him do as many programs as possible and FaOI this year really spoiled me rotten.

I do understand the logic of recycling, though, why it's preferable for the challenges he's set for himself and why he might want to perfect them himself. Also, I love the programs. I cried every time I saw Otonal live and Origin blew me away, especially in Helsinki and Toyama. So I'm sure I'll enjoy them anyway.

At the same time, it makes me wonder, because, even though I agree that he's made the programs his own by now and I'd understand wanting to perfect them, he still introduced them as tributes and it seems a bit much to do tribute programs two seasons in a row. And even though they weren't 100% perfect, Otonal was pretty close to it in Russia and Origin also came full circle at Toyama, when Plushenko got to see it live and allegedly even cried about it.  On top of that, as they are both tribute programs, it feels more like they're a packaged deal. If he kept just one, people might try to find implications of what that means related to the person it was a tribute to and that just seems like a whole other kind of headache Yuzu doesn't need, IMO.

Oh, regarding Origin in Toyama, I'm not sure what I felt, because it was just too emotionally overwhelming. I think to me it felt maybe more like making it up for Saitama, rather than anything for the future, either way. But that's likely me projecting, because the only thing that bothered me in Saitama was the slowness and the Toyama encore was insanely fast. Other than that, it was just emotional. It didn't exactly feel like 'good bye', but it also didn't really feel like 'not done yet' either.

Bottom line is, I, too, expect recycled programs, given the total silence and the clips of Origin we've heard. But at the same time, I wouldn't be surprised if he did come with something new (one or both programs).

3 hours ago, Henni147 said:

The twizzle after the 3A in Otonal. I think it can be a real program highlight, if Yuzu accelerates more with the music and holds it about two seconds longer, so that the twizzle finishes right on the note (as he did beautifully in Notte Stellata):

Otonal SP (COR 2018) - Twizzle

Maybe it's physically too demanding before the big quad combo, but if there's anyone in the skating world, who can do it - it's Yuzu.

I wouldn't say it's physically demanding but the entrance of those long twizzles in Notte Stellata is quite different, he uses his speed and begins them pretty slowly, tighting his body up gradually so that they gradually get faster. It would be impossible to gain such speed from a landing of a jump, because even when you land with speed, you absorb a looot of weight on that landing leg so the fact alone that he does a twizzle out of it (remember his 3A is huge, as big as other's quads) is extremely "impossible" already hahaha! 

Anyways, I wanted to share a thought that I've had this morning listening to some FS music; in particular, Nathan's SP for next season, la Bohème. It is a very beautiful piece of music, with a very emotional singing voice. I think I've already formulated this thought but it hit me again, Nathan, together with most skaters, picks music that is already largely emotional and expressive, and skates to it. So that people will associate his skating with the expressiveness of the music and will say "Oh! So expressive! So much presentation! 10 PCS". When the fact is, for it to be balance between the skating and the music, the music doesn't have to be more expressive than the skater, it has to be 50/50. The music and the skating have to complete eachother: the music doesn't have to be just a background for the skating, but especially the skating doesn't have to be a background for the music, and I often feel like it is.

Whereas with Yuzuru, he picks personal, particular and "strange" music which gives him some colors, and then he adds on and he creates something that's only his, that he could only skate to, because the routine becomes so personalized and perfect, because it has that balance between skating and music, that no one else can modify it (if not Yuzuru himself). Yuzuru would never pick a music like "La Bohème", because that kind of music doesn't give you the space to add on to it. It's already packaged, it's already finished.  Yuzuru's FS started with 10 seconds of zero music. And he still skated and it still fit. I challenge any skater to do that. 

And damn this keeps getting ignored and unnoticed by anyone in the ISU. 

I think what you're saying @Murieleirum I've found to be very much true! It's something I've been thinking of. I'm not a fan of most skates with a singing voice. There will be emotional singing, lyrics etc. but it doesn't reflect in the skating. The feeling come from the music but the skating.. is there. There are a few exceptions but it's in the minority.

I always loved the emotion that comes from Yuzuru's skate, he can project so many moods and the music serves to compliment his skating, not the other way around.