General Yuzuru Chat

It occurs to me that not only is Yuzu likely to break records for the highest GOE achieved on a single element, he is also the person best positioned to break records for the lowest GOE achieved on a single element...because the worst GOE you could possibly get is be from falling on a fully rotated 4A, but you have to actually be able to rotate the 4A to achieve that. :xD:

Spoiler

:judgmental:ummm im getting this same weird vibe about the way the media tried to "ship" Yuzu and Alina like how they did with him and Zhenya. Like how they both drew #9 and there are people drawing connections between their costumes in the free. So weird Alina isnt even 18 yet and please dont spread the lies  :8: i get that theyre trying to come up with creative contents but no thanks 

1 hour ago, Sammie said:

Ummm ppl who was there said he left. Fans was waiting for him and he went out a different door and he ran. Fans started to chase him .....

People were chasing him? Why am I both unsurprised and disappointed.

Pretty sure I'm preaching to the choir here, but that isn't okay. Yuzu isn't some fantasy character, he's an actual human being. Let the man have his space.

2 minutes ago, river said:

Pretty sure I'm preaching to the choir here, but that isn't okay. Yuzu isn't some fantasy character, he's an actual human being. Let the man have his space.

Yeah the person who tweeted said she felt really bad and guilty for even standing there to see him. 

There was some other tweets about him being crowded walking in the hallway. Him and his entourage has to force their way though. Ppl need to get out of his way instead of surrounding him. :tumblr_inline_ncmifiE3IT1rpglid:

22 minutes ago, river said:

Why "fantasy character"?   He is a star, that's how stars are treated :shrug:                

26 minutes ago, GoldMedalist said:

It just doesn't seem right. Yes, he's performing at a competition, but he's ultimately an athlete who's there to work.

I haven't seen a video of what happened today. But if he was really being chased, that seems like the public attention is too much.  Fans aren't entitled to make someone uncomfortable just to see or interact with the person they're a fan of, and Yuzu's never really given any signs that he's okay with being treated the way some people treat him.

1 hour ago, Sammie said:

Yeah the person who tweeted said she felt really bad and guilty for even standing there to see him. 

There was some other tweets about him being crowded walking in the hallway. Him and his entourage has to force their way though. Ppl need to get out of his way instead of surrounding him. :tumblr_inline_ncmifiE3IT1rpglid:

Looks like they roped off his path. Anyway fans will be fans (because herd mentality, it doesn't matter how many times you post on twitter telling people to be respectful), but the venue really needs to give him a path to leave without being surrounded by fans. Cuz otherwise it could be...dangerous? That's their responsibility and we should maybe try to reach out to them instead.

1 hour ago, GoldMedalist said:

That statement is just meaningless. First, he is a person, just like other actors, or singers, or performers are. And human beings have the right to have privacy, and their own space. It's obvious how chasing someone you don't personally know (as much as chasing someone you do know) is wrong and it violates basic human rights. Because it is not particularily violent, of course, it's not like people should get arrested. But it's a way to be violent, nontheless. It's physical violence because it literally feels like the poor guys has no room to breathe, and it's phsychological violence because what would happen if he actually stopped? And, say, started signing some autographs? He would never get out of there. But he is an athlete, so these things really are not his duty. He deserves freedom to concentrate, to be relaxed, to be focused. We are lucky because he is able to block out whatever upsets him, and take energy from the human support he gets, even when it gets overboard. Yuzu is very wise, so I wouldn't expect anything different from him. 

Doesn't make chasing him any less crazy and sick. 

27 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

That statement is just meaningless. First, he is a person, just like other actors, or singers, or performers are. And human beings have the right to have privacy, and their own space. It's obvious how chasing someone you don't personally know (as much as chasing someone you do know) is wrong and it violates basic human rights. Because it is not particularily violent, of course, it's not like people should get arrested. But it's a way to be violent, nontheless. It's physical violence because it literally feels like the poor guys has no room to breathe, and it's phsychological violence because what would happen if he actually stopped? And, say, started signing some autographs? He would never get out of there. But he is an athlete, so these things really are not his duty. He deserves freedom to concentrate, to be relaxed, to be focused. We are lucky because he is able to block out whatever upsets him, and take energy from the human support he gets, even when it gets overboard. Yuzu is very wise, so I wouldn't expect anything different from him. 

Doesn't make chasing him any less crazy and sick. 

I just thank Providence that he chose, all those years ago, not to get into social media.  No one could have known how mad it would get around him, but at least he doesn't have that pressure to deal with too.

Just stopped by to say:

I just watched the BESP commentary and the commentators  kinda went “I don’t understand why he’s coming back this season, instead of riding his Olympic title fame.” And basically they were thankful for his decision to still want to compete at the highest level. They kinda made it seemed like the FS competition world was thankful for his presence and performance and I was so proud. 

:knc_brian1: