General Yuzuru Chat

I decided to get tickets on the off chance that it works out that I can attend. Though I do think it's a decent chance Yuzu will go because he may or may not be considering the ISU world standings points wise. He sort of has some catching up to do or at the very least not fall behind even more. 

54 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I have a terrible dilemma regarding that. I could easily go, but the Saturday session is the same day as my nephew's 2nd birthday. I missed his first birthday last year because I was out of the country and i don't want to miss it again. ACI/Skate Canada hasn't released the schedule of the comp, so I don't know which day is the men's competition. I don't know whether to go or not, or if I go, which day. 

Maybe I shouldn't be greedy and should just hope for the best when I go to Skate Canada International in Laval...*confused*:waffle:

Oh hey look! I'm a tissue box now! Yay!!:9:

You could consider another celebration with him later maybe? He's only 2 he won't remember much. :P

1 hour ago, Geo1 said:

Oakville is only 37 km from Toronto – less than an hour's drive – so the chances are that Yuzu will attend this competition, considering that he has attended the last three.

I just got three sets of tickets for all three days. I am going with my wife and a friend.

The pre-sale price for all three days is $65 plus tax ($15 for Thursday, $25 for Friday and $25 for Saturday). The regular all event price is $85. So you save $20 per person  if you get it at the presale price.You just have to put in the promotional code at the beginning (at the top): family0918. The pre-sale price is in effect until June 18.

Yep, I got the tickets for all three days. I'm crossing my fingers. After olympic season, I'm a bit traumatised to assume anything, just silently pray that he'll be there

56 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I have a terrible dilemma regarding that. I could easily go, but the Saturday session is the same day as my nephew's 2nd birthday. I missed his first birthday last year because I was out of the country and i don't want to miss it again. ACI/Skate Canada hasn't released the schedule of the comp, so I don't know which day is the men's competition. I don't know whether to go or not, or if I go, which day. 

Maybe I shouldn't be greedy and should just hope for the best when I go to Skate Canada International in Laval...*confused*:waffle:

Oh hey look! I'm a tissue box now! Yay!!:9:

Can you go on Thursday/Friday? There may be the SP at the very least. As someone for whom any competition means an international flight, I'm just the enabler for people who have the comp on their doorsteps. Otherwise...hm. You could consider an early birthday celebration just for him (or afterwards) if your sibling doesn't place too much emphasis on having to celebrate on the exact day of his birthday. 

Got my tickets for ACI too (for those who are missing a day, be sure to check back, they seem to be restocking randomly). Men are likely going to be Friday and Saturday again, but they'll likely have a practice session Thursday too.

32 minutes ago, Danibellerika said:

You could consider another celebration with him later maybe? He's only 2 he won't remember much. :P

It's more a matter of not upsetting my sister in law. Don't think she'd take kindly to me missing 2 years in a row.

31 minutes ago, kaerb said:

Can you go on Thursday/Friday? There may be the SP at the very least

I can definitely do the Friday, should be able to manage the Thursday. Will have to think on it. 

This year is killing me. Usually the competitions are out of reach but here we are with ACI and SCI within driving distance of me, and GPF within the country. If only I didn't have to work for a living from September to December...

Well, I imagine a 2 year old's party will not last long and you can skip out early if need be... or you can develop a nasty cold or stomach bug that you certainly do not want to pass on to the little one....I am or may not be admitting to that tactic myself, hehe.....

15 hours ago, yuzupon said:

Can we please properly appreciate what Nanami-sensei did with Zu (bearing in mind this all happened without full support by JSF, bcz Sendai) and not diminish it? TCC is great for Zu, but he wasn't a nobody when he moved there.

I have to say that while I would not rate Yuzu as on the elite level while still with Nanami this hardly diminishes the enormous and positive impact she had when he was training under her.  Most importantly is the great breadth of music types he skated, both in competition and exhibition, while with her.  His ability to skate to so many different styles of music is one of the benchmarks of his current greatness. 

Recently from this forum I learned how Yuzu seems to have possessed an innate sensitivity to music from early childhood.  My own feeling here is that Nanami must have recognized this sensitivity and exploited it in leading him to the music he was to skate to.  How much input Yuzu had on those choices I'm not even willing to begin to speculate on, but by having him skate to so many different types of music she was also teaching him how different moves were more appropriate to one style than another.  She also, of course, worked with him on his jumps and the other technical elements but I think she must be credited primarily with laying down the foundations of what is today Yuzuru Hanyu the Complete Skater. 

Brian has stated how when Yuzu first came to him he was somewhat of a loose cannon so that his first priority was to take Yuzu back to grade one on basic skating skills.  But I have not heard or read anything from Brian referring adversely to Yuzu's feel for the music he skated to.  Obviously Brian must have felt that that aspect of Yuzu was acceptably developed, although I do think that sensitivity to music is something you either have or don't have, so it can't really be taught.  What does seem apparent to me is that Nanami, who did most of the choreography for Yuzu while he was with her, realizing Yuzu's sensitivity to music seems to have done everything she could to harness that sensitivity in the creation of her programs for him and deliberately varied the styles of music.  The results from those years are testament to her success there and are probably one of the reasons Brian accepted Yuzu as a trainee.

sorry to barge in the middle of ACI talks :peekapooh: so enviousssss but here some more requests for our beloved Glossary (yeah, I know there's still half stuff missing and I still haven't added many of the suggestions you gave me, I just have random thoughts popping in my head so asking in case I forget later:P)

I would like:

1. a visual example of squishy Yuzu face
  2. @xeyra can I add the warhorse bingo? and if yes could you link it to me?
  3. a VERY GOOD example of LGC hair
  4. has any of you a gif of a beautiful 4S3T at hand?
  5. I'm sure there was something else but I can't remember :smiley_hairpull:

also, @Yatagarasu as you were asking about our beloved Nessie, maybe you could check if you like it:biggrin: Also, was it you the one who came up with the name?

(also, when if Zu lands Nessie, I might move it to Iconic Yuzu figure skating moves:animated-smileys-hands-fingers-01:)

Sorry for the interruption and please go on:tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

2 hours ago, Danibellerika said:

I decided to get tickets on the off chance that it works out that I can attend. Though I do think it's a decent chance Yuzu will go because he may or may not be considering the ISU world standings points wise. He sort of has some catching up to do or at the very least not fall behind even more. 

Didn't Brian once say that ACI is a great opportunity to brush the dust off, make that first pancake and get it out of the way? I had presumed that's why Yuzuru competes there annually.

31 minutes ago, LadyLou said:

sorry to barge in the middle of ACI talks :peekapooh: so enviousssss but here some more requests for our beloved Glossary (yeah, I know there's still half stuff missing and I still haven't added many of the suggestions you gave me, I just have random thoughts popping in my head so asking in case I forget later:P)

I would like:

1. @xeyra can I add the warhorse bingo? and if yes could you link it to me?

Sure! Card 1 and Card 2.

I bought the Friday ticket!  I think I will be able to manage taking one day off work.

Saturday is sold out (should I recheck from time to time?)

Would there be more tickets later when the general public sale is released?

So excited!  It will be my first live competition!  (I fell hard for Yuzu at Pyeong Chang).  Are there any places where I can find “fanyu tips for going to ACI”?

I am so lucky that it is only a 45 minutes drive for me; no excuse for giving it a pass.

3 hours ago, holina said:

I bought the Friday ticket!  I think I will be able to manage taking one day off work.

Saturday is sold out (should I recheck from time to time?)

Would there be more tickets later when the general public sale is released?

So excited!  It will be my first live competition!  (I fell hard for Yuzu at Pyeong Chang).  Are there any places where I can find “fanyu tips for going to ACI”?

I am so lucky that it is only a 45 minutes drive for me; no excuse for giving it a pass.

There should be more tickets available when the general public sale starts on June 19. Just be very quick!