General Yuzuru Chat

35 minutes ago, Yoa said:

Takeshi Honda from now on you are on my good-people list. Takahiko Kozuka got one spot too. I hope that my list will expand :tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw: And the black list will be kept to minimum...

Actually media reaction isn't as bad as I thought it would be. But it's probably because they knew about Yuzu's knee beforehand

And because he gave them a WR beforehand. This helped a lot. 

Figure skating: Coach says Hanyu a dramatic reminder of his youth

https://english.kyodonews.net/news/2017/09/931fd1987058-figure-skating-coach-says-hanyu-a-dramatic-reminder-of-his-youth.html

This season, according to Orser, Hanyu's free skate will feature five quad jumps, but the coach is more eager to see Hanyu focus on what he has already mastered -- safe and consistent landings -- rather than add jump variations and new approaches.

Although pain in Hanyu's right knee during training prevented him from attempting a quad loop at the recent competition, Orser likes to see it as time the skating gods have given him to focus on other things.

Orser believes practice makes perfect, and that -- even without learning new tricks -- Hanyu is capable of raising his skating to new heights. But whether Hanyu would agree, he said he does not know.

"He's still young. His purpose in skating is to keep getting better. As a young person, you think getting better means learning a quad lutz or a quad flip. Certainly I'm not going to hold him back (from acquiring new techniques). I like that drive," said Orser.

5 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

:7562096::tumblr_inline_mzx8xsVPrg1r8msi5::7562096:

DKpePNhVwAAOLS4.jpg

source: twitter.com/ayiu

Awwww who's mama Orser's favourite Pooh <3 

I'm glad to read Yuzuru is limiting his 4Loop to go easy on his knee... just a question... does '1 4loop a day' mean one LANDED 4loop a day? :laughing: seems hard to imagine Yuzu popping it and not attaching one right after that. In any case. 

I feel like I should re-watch Hope and Legacy's evolution during the last season. I feel like Seimei's going to have the same history - maybe peak a little sooner, I hope. Fact is, Yuzuru knows that clean Chopin and clean Seimei will beat his own records. That knowledge makes things complicated. Because every time he will skate the perfect Short, he will have to deal with that pressure of that 330 (a pressure that no other skater feels nearly as much as him, imo) and will have to skate his free for 4 minutes and a half, without thinking constantly "I have to be perfect, I have to be perfect, I have to be perfect". 

So, I guess, the more experience he has with this kind of feeling (skating a clean short and having to follow-up with a clean free) the readier he'll be at Pyeongchang. So, weirdly so, I do wish that these first competitions will teach him a lot in this regard. Will teach him to 'shut his mind the hell up' during the free, LOL.

The way Brian talks about Yuzu is so heart warming. He seems to genuinely care so much about both Yuzu and Javi and fully respect and admire them and it's just so lovely. Their relationship might be professional but Brian obviously cares very much for them and obviously tries very hard to not play favourites and be equally invested in both of their successes. Which must be really hard when they are both gold medal contenders in the same competitions. Someone always has to be disappointed and Brian has to always celebrate with one and console another which has got to be a really difficult position to be in.

It's nice to see how much more his relationship with Yuzu has improved though. You can tell in the way he talks about Yuzu lately that the increase in communication has done a lot.

;A;