General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, Henni147 said:

Same thought. That +1m high stag leap (from a low hydroblading!) is the real deal.

Are we all talking about the same thing? The last Yuzu jump in the video? Is it the stag leap? I thought for sure it was that giant delayed axel he did when he wanted to show the 4A and the coaches told him no...

56 minutes ago, SitTwizzle said:

But still those rhythm changes. I definitely cannot bear them. They may give some emphasis to an otherwise boring skate, Yuzuru Hanyu's doesn't need any, he's never boring; it just makes me angry every time they change the rhythm.

I like the rhythm changes, it gives you a chance to see details you wouldn't otherwise

33 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Are we all talking about the same thing? The last Yuzu jump in the video? Is it the stag leap? I thought for sure it was that giant delayed axel he did when he wanted to show the 4A and the coaches told him no...

I'm pretty sure that the jump at 2:30 is the stag leap in the Otonal step sequence. It's also called a one-foot-Axel, because he's not landing on his right foot like in a "normal" Axel, but on his left foot.

Also, in his usual delayed single Axels Yuzu covers less height but far more distance. I think, the air position is a bit different as well.

EDIT:

Here's the "normal" delayed single Axel in comparison:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gRoIy0YWQo&t=202s

I just realized that Oly Swanyu reached +1M views as well!! Finally!! :dancingpooh:

It's so well deserved.

4 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I like the rhythm changes, it gives you a chance to see details you wouldn't otherwise

I understand, yet I wasn't even able to view the whole video. I must have sensitive nerves, like Mrs Bennet. ;-)

Or like Fantasio in QRN over Bretzelburg.

Warning : image of torture. Seen by Franquin, though. ;-)

Spoiler

bretzelburg.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

It occurred to me that I didn't say Happy Anniversary to the Planet   Finding this and knowing such a gracious and generous group of people share the same admiration for this one, singular brilliant skater has made this geek fan feel like she belongs.  And I have met some truly lovely and fun people who I hope to see again (sooner rather than later).  I don't even know if there are other fan groups out there, for anything or anyone because I haven't looked, and I don't care.  I found my home here.  Thanks.

58 minutes ago, monchan said:

Wow I'm sure the students are inspired to study everyday:))

This is an excerpt from a sports variety show aired tonight by Fuji. Yuzu's FS at Nice2012 was chosen by a vote to be the most encouraging comeback/come-from-behind performance. This is part 1 and here are part 2-5. I found some new (old but never been aired) footage in them.

ETA:

By the way... HAPPY 3 YEARS ANNIVERSARY!   (Sorry for being sooo late!:tumblr_inline_mn41rkfu9v1qz4rgp:) It is so nice to have this place to talk about Yuzu at a time like this. Thank you, admins and mods for maintaining this planet.:thanks: Please take care and stay safe everyone until we get through this!

3 hours ago, sweetwater said:

This is an excerpt from a sports variety show aired tonight by Fuji. Yuzu's FS at Nice2012 was chosen by a vote to be the most encouraging comeback/come-from-behind performance. This is part 1 and here are part 2-5. I found some new (old but never been aired) footage in them.

ETA:

By the way... HAPPY 3 YEARS ANNIVERSARY!   (Sorry for being sooo late!:tumblr_inline_mn41rkfu9v1qz4rgp:) It is so nice to have this place to talk about Yuzu at a time like this. Thank you, admins and mods for maintaining this planet.:thanks: Please take care and stay safe everyone until we get through this!

Easter Egg!!

segment number 4 made me tearful,even if i do not understand Japanese the images of the devastation post earthquake and tsunami mixed withYuzuru training were very strong!

Then he was really a child,nothing beats his happiness during the medal ceremony ....and for a bronze one LOL