General Yuzuru Chat

32 minutes ago, shanshani said:

Woah, I have to go stop by TST now :xD: I need to see GIANT Yuzu

(please put them up in Causeway Bay so I can see these ads on the way to work each day :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:)

Perhaps missed you by few minutes!  Finally i managed to be in hk and visited him 20 mins ago!  So reluctant to leave...

Btw, just remember that outdoor ad is posted next to the “Star” Ferry Pier, not just on the wall of the “Star” House!!

13 minutes ago, PoohandYuzu said:

Perhaps missed you by few minutes!  Finally i managed to be in hk and visited him 20 mins ago!  So reluctant to leave...

Btw, just remember that outdoor ad is posted next to the “Star” Ferry Pier, not just on the wall of the “Star” House!!

a star House and a star Ferry Pier,can't think of better places to 'house' Yuzuru :graucho:

1 hour ago, Moria Polonius said:

Hi guys, I actually encountered an explanation (and an opinion about it) on another website, maybe it'll be helpful, although the first half of the post is about a different, older issue.

Thanks for the further information. The whole thing seems very weird and entirely unnecessary, tbh. 

1 hour ago, Moria Polonius said:

There’s also speculation the DMs the tweeter claimed to have received from antis telling her to take down her tweets were faked as they were all sent and screenshotted within ten minutes of each other, and their account icons strangely resemble Takahashi, Uno, and Mao fan accounts that did not in fact message her. (She hid the account names in screenshots so they could not be identified.) When she was asked to post the account names behind the DMs to avoid confusion with known fan accounts, she did not respond. I’ve already mentioned several other reasons why the ad and email seem almost too good to be true.

This part makes me think "whaaaAAAAT", "Why would they do that?", "What's the motive behind?". I wouldn't have known this part if you didn't post it here ._. , glad to know that there is just one of those negative Yuzu article request up on the site though the others are kinda suspect too, being gossipy and whatnot .

Man, the mines on the land we tread on, it's... baffling to me to say the least.

I will miss Yuzu's blog entries! I enjoyed reading them or listening to his voice even though most of the time he said things we already knew before :) 

I really like in the last post he talked about beauty, and that it means a dignified attitude for him which comes from 'an unshakeable core'. He is a beautiful person both inside and outside :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

8 hours ago, kaeryth said:

It's actually translated on FSU

AP: Who made the biggest impression on you at the Worlds?
SV: Certainly Nathan Chen and Yuzuru Hanyu. I would have awarded two gold medals for the LP. Hanyu haven't skated like that even at the Olympics. So sharp, with such a `yes, I made a mistake but I will fight'. It was in his gaze. I had goosebumps when he was skating.

He also talked a bit about 4Lo, that it's a mean jump.

what a meanigful way to end the Kose blog:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

I'll miss the little updates, but well, we know our favourite ninja is in his cave working hard (and hopefully doing many things he likes, like skating, listening to music and playing video games and who knwos, watching cute cats vids:tumblr_inline_mm2wnxgTbV1qz4rgp:)

1 hour ago, sallycinnamon said:

we know it is

I wonder if ISU will adjust BV again in the future or if we must be resigned that BV will stay as they are (for sequences too) till the next big rules ovehaul...hope dies last, they say:tumblr_inline_ncmifdw7151rpglid:

3 hours ago, Moria Polonius said:

Hi guys, I actually encountered an explanation (and an opinion about it) on another website, maybe it'll be helpful, although the first half of the post is about a different, older issue.

what I took  from Kaerb's translation was roughly the same, as in:

1) the claim that someone was asking to badmouth Yuzu AND prop 3 other skaters couldn't be verified (hence it's possible the original claim wasn't to be taken at face value, and the reason of such a claim woud then be open to any kind of speculation)

2) on Crowdworks, most requests for content about Yuzuru "merely" wanted something written about him, likely to get views (at this point mentioning him on media is quite a good bet to get clicks)*. It's entirely possible J-cast is doing exactly the same now - trying to get those views thanks to fans reacting to the article (and with that content, fans's strong reaction was predictable)

(*I guess it's also more likely to get clicks when posting positive things rather than negative stuff. afaik, sometimes fans have tried to "boycot" trash articles, so maybe "any press is good press" isn't always true...)

Well, I'd be a bit skeptical about Yuzu fans paying for positive content about Yuzuru (he doesn't really need it and thousands of people are doing that for free anyway, everyday, everywhere), and tbh, I don't think he needs to be painted as a victim though deception, there are already so many things in his life that make people "take his side"...tho I don't claim to know the minds of the most extreme fans, one can't deny extreme fans do exist in every fandom. On the other side, I find believable that people would want to have Yuzu content posted on their own websites, not on twitter or other platforms where they can't monetize on the views...

(as for antis jumping in to claim evil fanyus are the masterminds behind everything, well, I'm not surprised and tbh only a very naive evil mastermind wouldn't have forseen it. Making a claim that can't be supported with some kind of evidence is 100% sure to backfire badly)

also, @kaerb

Spoiler

what is the name of the company exactly, Crowdworks or Cloudworks? I'm confused also because of the legal name of the first company :14066882: googletranslating the sites, I think it's the first, like in MoriaPolonius's post

22 hours ago, Yuzurella said:

Man, I wish I could be in Hongkong right now. :softYuzu:

I love how they made one of the most beautiful ads I've ever seen using just competition footage.  It doesn't look like it got photo shopped to hell like those Ghana ads can be.

16 hours ago, Yuzu_GOAT said:

I think that next season, Yuzu should get creative with some combination jumps... e.g we've seen him do 4Lo+3A before, imagine that in a program!

Honestly, I would prefer not to see something like that because it means he's using his precious little practice time on something that will actually hurt him in competition.  I hope if he works on anything it'll be quad or loop on back half.

19 minutes ago, LadyLou said:

what a meanigful way to end the Kose blog:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

I'll miss the little updates, but well, we know our favourite ninja is in his cave working hard (and hopefully doing many things he likes, like skating, listening to music and playing video games and who knwos, watching cute cats vids:tumblr_inline_mm2wnxgTbV1qz4rgp:)

we know it is

I wonder if ISU will adjust BV again in the future or if we must be resigned that BV will stay as they are (for sequences too) till the next big rules ovehaul...hope dies last, they say:tumblr_inline_ncmifdw7151rpglid:

what I took  from Kaerb's translation was roughly the same, as in:

1) the claim that someone was asking to badmouth Yuzu AND prop 3 other skaters couldn't be verified (hence it's possible the original claim wasn't to be taken at face value, and the reason of such a claim woud then be open to any kind of speculation)

2) on Crowdworks, most requests for content about Yuzuru "merely" wanted something written about him, likely to get views (at this point mentioning him on media is quite a good bet to get clicks)*. It's entirely possible J-cast is doing exactly the same now - trying to get those views thanks to fans reacting to the article (and with that content, fans's strong reaction was predictable)

(*I guess it's also more likely to get clicks when posting positive things rather than negative stuff. afaik, sometimes fans have tried to "boycot" trash articles, so maybe "any press is good press" isn't always true...)

Well, I'd be a bit skeptical about Yuzu fans paying for positive content about Yuzuru (he doesn't really need it and thousands of people are doing that for free anyway, everyday, everywhere), and tbh, I don't think he needs to be painted as a victim though deception, there are already so many things in his life that make people "take his side"...tho I don't claim to know the minds of the most extreme fans, one can't deny extreme fans do exist in every fandom. On the other side, I find believable that people would want to have Yuzu content posted on their own websites, not on twitter or other platforms where they can't monetize on the views...

(as for antis jumping in to claim evil fanyus are the masterminds behind everything, well, I'm not surprised and tbh only a very naive evil mastermind wouldn't have forseen it. Making a claim that can't be supported with some kind of evidence is 100% sure to backfire badly)

(btw, @Moria Polonius, would you mind sharing the link to that website? PM is fine if you don't want to post it here)

also, @kaerb

Reveal hidden contents

what is the name of the company exactly, Crowdworks or Cloudworks? I'm confused also because of the legal name of the first company :14066882: googletranslating the sites, I think it's the first, like in MoriaPolonius's post

54 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

I will miss Yuzu's blog entries! I enjoyed reading them or listening to his voice even though most of the time he said things we already knew before :) 

I really like in the last post he talked about beauty, and that it means a dignified attitude for him which comes from 'an unshakeable core'. He is a beautiful person both inside and outside

okay, read that article from SV.  I really don't know why everybody thought skating after the poohs a big deal, imagine yuzuru had 24 cameras targting him from the moment he entered the arena even for warm up, cameras were following him until he closed the changing door, and the pressure he had at his home that nobody is qualified the podium before him.  And as i was there, i don't think his home treat him any good, we all know how JSF was talking before and after the game.

compared with that, 8 min pooh bears were really nothing, the standard for others is really low,  same as the the judges criteria.