General Yuzuru Chat

2 minutes ago, eagle said:

They dare not do that with Plushenko or TAT though. Both are strong personalities, if anybody messes with them esp TAT, I'll get popcorns ready.

Russian figure skating world doesn't seem to import the US figure skating narratives, so I daresay away from the English FS Twitter and stuff, it's all pretty different. 

1 hour ago, yude said:

This is my summary of Yuzuru's new interview, the last sentence can be translated differently by each translator so here is mine. Thank you for the quick updates everyone!

"GOE difference between his 4T and Nathan's 4Lz was big which came from this season the new rule was applied. But when he thinks about the risk in doing and failing in difficult things, he needs to care about the balance. It was not easy for all skaters to make the programs after GOE rule changed because it was unknown territory for all of them. This season made him consider how to do the things called transition such as steps, turns, one-foot skating in the programs of the next season. He doesn't jump on the same spot on the ice during the programs. Looking at both SP and FS, he jumps in the different places with different routes, changing the tone of the music, and adjusting the timing, etc. He does these details and that is his pride and his style, and if he doesn't care about that anymore, he will be losing his identity (of his skating). It made it clear this season that he has to make programs including his good points and to be able to deal with the evaluation by the judges at the same time."

Yuzuru Hanyu is full of sportsmanship, which makes him so great and special :bow:

My take of what Yuzuru said is similar to Yude's:

In planning his programs, he's going to continue to be true to himself and his way of skating while at the same time being mindful of the manner in which judges are scoring the performances.

7 hours ago, Henni147 said:

I'm so sorry... :8788161:

Hide contents

Fast forward to CiONTU 2022. Final day:

Lights turn off. Spotlights on. Yuzuru Hanyu enters the stage in a stunning black and red Flamenco dress, plucking the tips of long black shimmering gloves and holding a frilled fan with red flower patterns in his hand. Closed.

"Yaaah... You know that I used nearly all warhorses I can think of during my competitive career. Swanlake. Romeo and Juliet. Twice [laughs]. Phantom of the Opera. Does Otonal count, too? Oh, that's really a lot [laughs]! However, there's one particular program that I just never dared to pick yet. It's long overdue, right?"

The lights turn dimmed red. He opens the fan with a delicate hand movement and puts on an irresistible smile.

Carmen music starts to play. Followed by the slowest, deepest and sassiest forward crossrolls in the history of figure skating.

No jumps. No spins.

After 5:00 minutes the crowd escalates and needs extra tissues from staff members to wipe away all the sweat and nosebleed. Nobu collapsing in the commentary box. Max Ambesis' latest Twitter update:

| "Now THAT'S how you skate to Carmen! Welcome back to Planet Hanyu! Population: one. Him! Just look at THIS!!!"

| The shared video has been deleted due to copyright issues.

Inman: What passion?

O.M.G.

7 hours ago, fyere0 said:

I've just read over all that's gone down today and all I can say is: please let Yuzu's FS layout next season be 1t, 1s, 1lo, 1f, 1lz, waltz jump, 4A, bow, leave the building, go get dinner, free me from this hellscape.

This would definitely be a sight to see.... everyone would be like wHat juSt hAppENeD.

2 hours ago, yude said:

Looking at both SP and FS, he jumps in the different places with different routes, changing the tone of the music, and adjusting the timing, etc. He does these details and that is his pride and his style, and if he doesn't care about that anymore, he will be losing his identity (of his skating).

His dedication to every single element and detail is what made me become his fan. He knows he isn't always rewarded by the judges and he could take an easier route but instead he skates to his own ideal. He really is unmatched.

Thank you @yude

6 hours ago, Coquelicot said:

I'm a little late to the party, but my pet theory is that Yuzuru is using his Kose blog to help his international fans learn Japanese.  He probably knows a lot of people are learning Japanese in part because of him, so the blog entries are short and simple (and includes audio!).  The topics also remind me of something you'd see on a language learning website.  :laughing:   

6 hours ago, Vulnavia said:

I think you're onto something there.  When you're just starting out with Japanese, being able to recognize basic sentences like "みなさん、こんにちは。羽生結弦です" is really fun. If he ever released a Learn Japanese With Yuzu series I think he'd have a lot of takers :gla: 

I am definitely adding those entries in my learning rutine. I think we have hobbies planned for next month in my class, so I could get a bit ahead of schedule with this. :muahaha:

Thank you Yuzu! :smiley-laughing021:

Does anyone know where to find the men's singles ISU technical handbook? Also a base value elements chart for the current scoring system? I really want to play around with some layout ideas + just get a better understanding of the scoring. Also, I'm new to this forum, how do you use the Yuzu emoticons/emojis/GIFs?

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Yuzu_GOAT said:

Does anyone know where to find the men's singles ISU technical handbook? Also a base value elements chart for the current scoring system? I really want to play around with some layout ideas + just get a better understanding of the scoring. Also, I'm new to this forum, how do you use the Yuzu emoticons/emojis/GIFs?

Thanks.

You can find the tech panel handbook here and the SoV table here. (we have two threads with all the regulations, this thread with useful links and this thread with all the ISU communications).

Just click on the smiley icon that looks like this when you make a post and you'll find all emoticons there :):

qHEPXd5.png

14 hours ago, Fay said:

I still wouldn’t like to have to that inner fight, thank you very much! Buble is just too much! 

C'mon, he has already skated to Bibier and it wasn't half bad :P

Also, next season Worlds are in Canada...:smiley-scared005:

13 hours ago, Sombreuil said:

Ah - so Vera Wang wetsuit costume and generic American college student rock or Canadian costume (you all know what I mean ) and one of the usual suspects?  I think he doesn’t want to win at that cost. 

😱😱😱😱😱

I'd take a Vera Wang UA-inspired wetsuit over that  

11 hours ago, Figure_Frenzy said:

Naaaah let's go with the OG Canadian pop idol, Paul Anka! 😛

...truth to be told, I don't think I'd mind that much Yuzu skating to Paul Anka's song, since he was good friends with Buddy Holly, who had a band named the CRICKETS (see the link people??), which would end up being a roundabout homage from one Cricket (from TCC) to another Cricket (from the band) in my conspiratorial mind! 😏😺😹

OMG I know Paul Anka thanks to my extensive knowledge of 50s-60s-70s Italian pop (blame my dad):13877886: you know what, maybe my dad would finally love Yuzuru, till now his fave program is PW but he still can't understand why I love his skating and fs so much :peekapooh:

ETA: I clearly have a very broad definition of "italian" pop😅

11 hours ago, Henni147 said:

I'm so sorry... :8788161:

Hide contents

Fast forward to CiONTU 2022. Final day:

Lights turn off. Spotlights on. Yuzuru Hanyu enters the stage in a stunning black and red Flamenco dress, plucking the tips of long black shimmering gloves and holding a frilled fan with red flower patterns in his hand. Closed.

"Yaaah... You know that I used nearly all warhorses I can think of during my competitive career. Swanlake. Romeo and Juliet. Twice [laughs]. Phantom of the Opera. Does Otonal count, too? Oh, that's really a lot [laughs]! However, there's one particular program that I just never dared to pick yet. It's long overdue, right?"

The lights turn dimmed red. He opens the fan with a delicate hand movement and puts on an irresistible smile.

Carmen music starts to play. Followed by the slowest, deepest and sassiest forward crossrolls in the history of figure skating.

No jumps. No spins.

After 5:00 minutes the crowd escalates and needs extra tissues from staff members to wipe away all the sweat and nosebleed. Nobu collapsing in the commentary box. Max Ambesis' latest Twitter update:

| "Now THAT'S how you skate to Carmen! Welcome back to Planet Hanyu! Population: one. Him! Just look at THIS!!!"

| The shared video has been deleted due to copyright issues.

Inman: What passion?

This is awesome (and it could totally happen):laughing: 

57 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

You can find the tech panel handbook here and the SoV table here. (we have two threads with all the regulations, this thread with useful links and this thread with all the ISU communications).

Just click on the smiley icon that looks like this when you make a post and you'll find all emoticons there :):

qHEPXd5.png

Thanks!

I'm hopelessly backwards on all the topics (don't know if I want to catch up I think there's a lot of salt which I totally understand, but my trip to Japan was too good and Yuzu was too gorgeous to spoil the mood, overall a lot of great skates).

Does anybody knows what's this is about?

1 hour ago, Lunna said:

I'm hopelessly backwards on all the topics (don't know if I want to catch up I think there's a lot of salt which I totally understand, but my trip to Japan was too good and Yuzu was too gorgeous to spoil the mood, overall a lot of great skates).

Does anybody knows what's this is about?

Based on my shitty Japanese, it says if you spend more than 5,000 YEN on Sekkisei products, you can join a draw for the following Yuzu handsigned items:

- Signed Figure Skates (5 winners)

- Signed Original T-Shirts (500 winners)

- Signed Original Mugs (500 winners)

- Signed Clear Files (2,500 winners)

For details, you need to go to the campaign site via the QR code:

1) Scan the QR Code

2) Sign in as CLUB KOSE member

3 & 4) ??? I can't see the kanji clearly

Campaign period is from 16 Apr to 30 Jun.

8 минут назад, faeline сказал:

Based on my shitty Japanese, it says if you spend more than 5,000 YEN on Sekkisei products, you can join a draw for the following Yuzu handsigned items:

- Signed Figure Skates (5 winners)

- Signed Original T-Shirts (500 winners)

- Signed Original Mugs (500 winners)

- Signed Clear Files (2,500 winners)

For details, you need to go to the campaign site via the QR code:

1) Scan the QR Code

2) Sign in as CLUB KOSE member

3 & 4) ??? I can't see the kanji clearly

Campaign period is from 16 Apr to 30 Jun.

Thanks! Another lottery, OK. They even had lottery for official stuff at Worlds :facepalm: