Team Russia

38 minutes ago, Paskud said:

Wow, good luck to them! I hope things will turn out well for her. :fingerscrossed:

Also it's OT because Kunitsa was in juniors but he's changing to pairs and will be trained by Moskvina.

47 minutes ago, Paskud said:

So I used an auto-translation on this interview (since I don't speak Russian), and this is my favorite paragraph from the whole thing: 

"

But now at Plushenko’s school there is a top adult skater with a coach who has done a lot for her technical progress. In the new season, they need to perform two difficult tasks - to collect five clean (or not very dirty) quadruples and add to the artistry and the second assessment. If this succeeds at least 80 percent, Trusova will close the gap of 30 points from Alena Kostornaya and Anna Shcherbakova, which she had last season. In any case, she is at least a contender for the Russian Championship medal. "

i love the way the Russian sports writers phrase things. :ohmygod:

11 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

So I used an auto-translation on this interview (since I don't speak Russian), and this is my favorite paragraph from the whole thing: 

"

But now at Plushenko’s school there is a top adult skater with a coach who has done a lot for her technical progress. In the new season, they need to perform two difficult tasks - to collect five clean (or not very dirty) quadruples and add to the artistry and the second assessment. If this succeeds at least 80 percent, Trusova will close the gap of 30 points from Alena Kostornaya and Anna Shcherbakova, which she had last season. In any case, she is at least a contender for the Russian Championship medal. "

i love the way the Russian sports writers phrase things. :ohmygod:

Actually, this is how this sport goes at least right now. In French, such testimony is called act manque, when you say the truth unintentionally.

I had hopes that Russian (and other) teams would make good use of the first two weeks on ice, by refining (or redefining) skating skills, but I rather get the impression of a (risky?) pointless race between teams, to see who will recover jumps the faster. As if a week earlier or later on this particular point meant something.

6 minutes ago, SitTwizzle said:

I had hopes that Russian (and other) teams would make good use of the first two weeks on ice, by refining (or redefining) skating skills, but I rather get the impression of a (risky?) pointless race between teams, to see who will recover jumps the faster. As if a week earlier or later on this particular point meant something.

Many skaters around the world posted jumps first. Iirc only Wakaba did a spin.

7 минут назад, SitTwizzle сказал:

I don't think skating skills ever were a priority in Russian schools. That's my impression.

1 hour ago, Lunna said:

I don't think skating skills ever were a priority in Russian schools. That's my impression.

Which is sad because way back in the 80s and 90s the pairs and dance teams were well known for their skating skills... but I don't think it was ever a priority for their singles skaters...

1 час назад, liv сказал:

Which is sad because way back in the 80s and 90s the pairs and dance teams were well known for their skating skills... but I don't think it was ever a priority for their singles skaters...

In pairs I think it's mostly very good still, at least if we look at the speed and flow, in ID hard to say and I don't understand much, but in singles it's more obvious (though not for all at least, still there're different schools). 

Though you can't even blame schools that much cuz in the end it's jumps that gives you points even in the second mark, so not much motivation to change anything from ISU side in the first place.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnGEJS8cBdo

Alina Zagitova celebrated yesterday her Sambo-70 diploma, from Novogorsk but with the "regular" bell.

I understand this is a vocational secondary diploma, allowing her to enter a physical education college to become a coach, but I read elsewhere she was preparing the Unified State Exam (for university entrance)? Or was it a wrong translation? On this video, I think the sound can be switched-off as well.

Spoiler

The channel also mentioned the visit of rhythmic gymnasts from the Irina Viner team, who are maybe also training in the Novogorsk sports complex? There were Dina and Arina Averina. (By the way, Anna Repina, the 9-year-old daughter of prima ballerina assoluta Svetlana Zakharova and violinist Vadim Repin, is now in Irina Viner's team, she seems to want to become a rhythmic gymnast.) :offtopic2:

I didn't see Elizabeta Tursynbayeva anywhere in the team, did she have problems to enter Russia?

2 часа назад, SitTwizzle сказал:

Alina Zagitova celebrated yesterday her Sambo-70 diploma, from Novogorsk but with the "regular" bell.

I understand this is a vocational secondary diploma, allowing her to enter a physical education college to become a coach, but I read elsewhere she was preparing the Unified State Exam (for university entrance)? Or was it a wrong translation? On this video, I think the sound can be switched-off as well.

It's diploma after you finish 11 years of school. She (and Alexandra Boikova too) will have university entrance exams in the beginning of July. It was moved to later date cuz of virus, should be in June.

2 часа назад, SitTwizzle сказал:

I didn't see Elizabeta Tursynbayeva anywhere in the team, did she have problems to enter Russia?

Russian boarder is still closed, so I don't know where she is. Also she's not Russian, so I don't think she can join the camp - it's Russian team training camp, not just rented ice rink. Though ice rinks for athletes should be opened already, so she can train in other place. Sinitsyna/Kataslapov and Sarah Hurtado are not in the camp too.

Novogorsk is a big base, not just ice rink (I've read there're 3 ice rinks), so there are also gymnastic teams and other summer athletes.