Team Russia

3 minutes ago, Paskud said:

Maybe it's only for this off-season?

No, it doesn't seem so. The source says she wasn't satisfied with her position in the group and the lack of attention she got there.

The interesting thing is that they also claim that Tutberidze's skaters didn't feel support even online, that she hasn't been in touch with them for a while now since she she's been in the US with her daughter.

Translation:

According to Sport24, the Russian skater Alexandra Trusova changed her coach, moving from Eteri Tutberidze to Evgeni Plushenko. A source familiar with the situation said that this was due to the dissatisfaction of the 15-year-old athlete with her position in the group and the lack of proper attention.

Now Tutberidze is in Detroit and is helping his daughter Diana Davis, who is also engaged in figure skating, enter the training process and establish life.

“Recently, the girls of the Tutberidze group did not feel the support of the coach even online - for some time she has not been in touch with them. For Trusova, this all the more became a problem, because she had long been worried that she was not given the proper attention in the group, although she was the first to jump in quadruple jumps.

The boiling point was the fact that Anna Shcherbakova was the favorite in the group of the choreographer Daniil Gleichenhaus. According to rumors, one of the reasons for the departure of Yevgenia Medvedeva at the time was precisely Daniel, who devoted most of his time to the Olympics to Alina Zagitova. Trusova felt unnecessary in the Tutberidze group, as a result of which she began to decline, ”the source said.

Recall that at the 2020 European Championships in Graz Trusova took third place, losing to the other skaters of the Tutberidze group - Alena Kostornaya (gold) and Anna Shcherbakova (silver).

Russian drama never fails, even during quarantine :popcorn: Let's wait if it's true, but if there's her former jumping coach, that might make sense (but her PC might drop with other coach).

8 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

No, it doesn't seem so. The source says she wasn't satisfied with her position in the group and the lack of attention she got there.

The interesting thing is that they also claim that Tutberidze's skaters didn't feel support even online, that she hasn't been in touch with them for a while now since she she's been in the US with her daughter.

Translation:

Well, considering that some skaters can't skate for 1-2 months already, I expect many of them will start to travel (in their own country) to find open rink. Simply to feel ice again.

But looks like this isn't the case this time...

So this is... fourth skater? that changed from Eteri to Plush?

Surprised she chose Plushenko though! I thought she might choose BOrser because she is close to Zhenya and she seems to be fond of Yuzu too... but then again she is still so young so leaving the country may be hard

Hope things turn out well for her whatever path she chooses!

8 минут назад, ralucutzagy сказал:

Just my thoughts. I wonder how this change will affect her scores from now on?

Will depend if she and Anna can save their quads I guess

7 minutes ago, FlyingCamel said:

I thought she might choose BOrser because she is close to Zhenya and she seems to be fond of Yuzu too...

I don't think this is possible tho, even if she chooses TCC because there's a lot of top skaters in TCC now. It'll be too much of a clash. And I remember Jason almost not getting in but Tracy adores him and he got the push.

5 минут назад, FlyingCamel сказал:

I thought she might choose BOrser because she is close to Zhenya and she seems to be fond of Yuzu too.

I think she mostly is fond of Nate's jumps, though of Yuzu might be too (who isn't).

Also I don't think RusFed will allow move to international coach anymore and I don't think Sasha has enough sponsors to pay herself.

2 minutes ago, Lunna said:

I think she mostly is fond of Nate's jumps, though of Yuzu might be too (who isn't).

Also I don't think RusFed will allow move to international coach anymore and I don't think Sasha has enough sponsors to pay herself.

Raf would possibly be a good fit for her. Look how consistent Nathan has gotten with his jumps. Plus, his style of coaching is probably familiar enough to Sasha. 

I think it's good for her to leave Eteri and go somewhere she can get more attention and not have to constantly look over her shoulder to see which girls are waiting to take her place but I don't know about Plushenko. To me he seems to make lots of decisions to deliberately attract attention and I'm also a bit wary of how he trains his son. As much as little Sasha apparently enjoys skating and performing, well.. little kids are not elite athletes. Not mentally, not physically, not developmentally, not emotionally. (My teacher brain is ticking away too much over it).

One thing that might truly come of this though is that Sasha T might last longer than she would have with Eteri. Her career might even survive her teen years. 

But now watch out for the bloodbath when Kamila steps up into that extra senior ladies spot at Sambo. 3 girls with a couple of big jumps each, musicality, and skating skills.

6 minutes ago, memae said:

Raf would possibly be a good fit for her. Look how consistent Nathan has gotten with his jumps. Plus, his style of coaching is probably familiar enough to Sasha. 

remember what happened to Marin

and Sara