Team Russia

2 minutes ago, Paskud said:

I've read this as well. If I remember correctly PoI was canceled on April 16. Then the Russian government offered to take Russians who were stranded in Japan home all they need to do is register until the 18th. She opted to stay with no business whatsoever since PoI was already canceled and based on her Instagram post when she traveled to Japan she went there because she has an ice show and she needs to prepare and it's impossible to do that in Toronto since all rinks are closed. Now with PoI canceled she doesn't really have a valid reason to stay but she still did. :thumbsdown:

I won't conclude that Zhenya is a bad person for what she has done, but she is irresponsible and hard-headed. It's bad enough that she is not observing government advice, but to actually act like she is not doing anything wrong is very disappointing. I wish people around her can give her advice on how to handle this because it's turning into a PR nightmare. 

2 hours ago, PapiandPooh422 said:

3 hours ago, PapiandPooh422 said:

Meanwhile they also attack fanyus by saying the concerned Japanese citizens who want to report her to the Russian Embassy in Japan are crazy Japanese fanyus. :headslap:

🙄

2 hours ago, Paskud said:

So, assuming the Russian Embassy must have known for a while that she was in Japan...and that she's not foolish, which I don't think she is... my first guess is that she must have still had some compelling reason to stay, or Russia would have sent her home on the first flight, no? 

2 hours ago, PapiandPooh422 said:

I've read this as well. If I remember correctly PoI was canceled on April 16. Then the Russian government offered to take Russians who were stranded in Japan home all they need to do is register until the 18th. She opted to stay with no business whatsoever since PoI was already canceled and based on her Instagram post when she traveled to Japan she went there because she has an ice show and she needs to prepare and it's impossible to do that in Toronto since all rinks are closed. Now with PoI canceled she doesn't really have a valid reason to stay but she still did. :thumbsdown:

We can't know for sure that she didn't have a valid reason, and you raise a good point. If she only stayed to get more ice time, that'd be very disappointing. 

56 minutes ago, MeowZu said:

I won't conclude that Zhenya is a bad person for what she has done, but she is irresponsible and hard-headed. It's bad enough that she is not observing government advice, but to actually act like she is not doing anything wrong is very disappointing. I wish people around her can give her advice on how to handle this because it's turning into a PR nightmare. 

:iagree:

I can't really see any Russian embassy official agreeing to let her stay in Japan at a time like this without some solid documentation of the reason why she should. It would be diplomatically untenable. 

In any case, had she stayed off social media, she could have avoided this trouble. 

About the flight : Firstly she need to make a request to the Embassy. Normally they would prioritize those who has expired visa, jobless, children, elders first. I don't know how demading of those Japan- Russian flight at the moment, but there's a chance she might have to wait longer had she make the request. Its not the commercial flight that you can take it whenever you want. 

I think she need to stay off SNS for a while. She could get herself into a controversy if she/her team are not smart about this matter. Tbh, this become a mess partly because of her fans. They keep dragging people that has nothing to do with, insult and attack whoever criticize her then turn it into petty fanwar "you just hate her, everything is from anti". You will never have a proper discussion with that mentality. 

5 hours ago, PapiandPooh422 said:

It's more like, "Yuzu is in Japan but you don't say anything at all."

You really need balls to drag one the most considerate public figures in Japan into this debate.

Comments like this cause me second-hand embarrassment.

2 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

You really need balls to drag one the most considerate public figures in Japan into this debate.

Comments like this cause me second-hand embarrassment.

Some even reasoned that the "I love and respect Japan" image she upholds will not only be tainted by what she did but also by her fans who keeps dragging one of the most lovable personas in Japan. It just doesn't look good for her, no matter where you look.

2 часа назад, rockstaryuzu сказал:

So, assuming the Russian Embassy must have known for a while that she was in Japan...and that she's not foolish, which I don't think she is... my first guess is that she must have still had some compelling reason to stay, or Russia would have sent her home on the first flight, no? 

I really don't know how it works, I only heard that you must apply for home flight to the Russian Embassy, then they will inform you at what flight you're at (if it's possible to have you on the flight) and you must arrive to airport for it yourself. I don't think anybody can forcefully send her out.

And let's not talk about her (and not only her, some other Russian girls too) fanbase, from what little bits I saw by accident on the net, it's really a bunch of immature people that will defend her no matter what :facepalm:

9 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Brian advises his skaters to be careful with social media for very good reason. 

I still remember that PR nightmare which happened with no reason at all, with Javier Fernández before Sochi, when Spanish journalists accused him of homophobia for having said these Games wouldn't be a feast for the gay and lesbian. It went rather far. I wonder if it didn't weigh on his skating, in fact.

Lunna said :

And let's not talk about her (and not only her, some other Russian girls too) fanbase, from what little bits I saw by accident on the net, it's really a bunch of immature people that will defend her no matter what :facepalm:

I "rediscovered" figure skating on a Russian forum of Tsiskaridze's fans, a pleasant forum, with some skating threads all Russian-centred (the reason why I "discovered" Yuzuru Hanyu only in late 2019) but without any hatred; but sometimes they gave pieces of "exchanges" found elsewhere between "Evgenia fans" and "Alina fans", and it was horrendous. Certainly nothing any of the two would condone.

I also happened to fall upon a forum of parents of Vaganova Academy or Bolshoi school? and it was even more horrific given they were the parents, and "accusing" other pupils (children!) of anorexia or obesity etc. Their children are really deserving for not endorsing their parents toxicity.

It seems "being online" behind a keyboard tend to make one forget anything good?

Just the day before yesterday I got suspended at the largest Russian language FS forum currently for voicing the criticism of Evgenia Medvedeva by Japanese people. The fans responded by saying it was slander Medvedeva was in Hachinohe, it was only a bunch of Fanyus throwing dirt at her because they were jealous of their (our) “idol” falling for their girl, that Rika had done this, Yuzuru had done that... etc. It was just so pathetically childish, but they will never admit their own idol was in the wrong. 
The worst part was a woman who is in the frontlines now - she is a doctor resuscitating covid19 patients. When I said that it wasn’t fair criticising Yuzu for going back to Japan as it’s his own homeland, and this was what you want to do in these times, be with your loved ones, and that no one would have criticised Zhenya for coming back to Moscow, she was like: “Come back to Moscow with its thousands of cases of coronavirus cases? That would have endangered her life and the lives of her mum and granny”. I was shocked - so it’s ok for those fans to care for her health, but it’s not ok for the Japanese people to prioritise their own well-being. 

1 час назад, SitTwizzle сказал:

I "rediscovered" figure skating on a Russian forum of Tsiskaridze's fans, a pleasant forum, with some skating threads all Russian-centred (the reason why I "discovered" Yuzuru Hanyu only in late 2019) but without any hatred; but sometimes they gave pieces of "exchanges" found elsewhere between "Evgenia fans" and "Alina fans", and it was horrendous. Certainly nothing any of the two would condone.

It can obviously depend on the platform and moderation. But I stay away from open platforms for long time already, prefer closed groups with info or just private chats with friends. To twitter I go only for photos.

1 час назад, SitTwizzle сказал:

It seems "being online" behind a keyboard tend to make one forget anything good?

That's a sure thing. Long ago I was F1 fan and you should see fan wars on forums... but when I met some of them for watching races together in a bar - most of them were pretty ok people.

3 hours ago, SitTwizzle said:

I still remember that PR nightmare which happened with no reason at all, with Javier Fernández before Sochi, when Spanish journalists accused him of homophobia for having said these Games wouldn't be a feast for the gay and lesbian. It went rather far. I wonder if it didn't weigh on his skating, in fact.

I also happened to fall upon a forum of parents of Vaganova Academy or Bolshoi school? and it was even more horrific given they were the parents, and "accusing" other pupils (children!) of anorexia or obesity etc. Their children are really deserving for not endorsing their parents toxicity.

ballet parents are the worst,I still have nightmares about those ballet moms Lol

anyhow reading the whole thing it doesn’t look good for Medo and it looks even worst for fans in general but hopefully she will offer an explanation and this whole thing will be forgotten as soon as possible .

2 hours ago, Lunna said:

It can obviously depend on the platform and moderation. But I stay away from open platforms for long time already, prefer closed groups with info or just private chats with friends. To twitter I go only for photos.

That's a sure thing. Long ago I was F1 fan and you should see fan wars on forums... but when I met some of them for watching races together in a bar - most of them were pretty ok people.

I don't have any Twitter account or so, either. This was, I suppose, a "closed" forum, at least to participate, but is is open to read, like PlanetHanyu. I never tried to enter there because I don't speak Russian and rely on automatic translation. While on PlanetHanyu, I know my English is faulty/awkward but I can more or less express my thoughts.

9 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I can't really see any Russian embassy official agreeing to let her stay in Japan at a time like this without some solid documentation of the reason why she should. It would be diplomatically untenable. 

I don't think any govt has been demandinthe return of its citizens because of the virus, including Russia? I think many of them offer chartered flights for people who do want to come home but are stranded, but if you don't want to leave, I hardly think they keep track of every citizen of theirs and are able to force them on a plane, nor do I think they would try.